Metro 2033 is out, and it has far exceeded my expectations.

goddamn, i can't believe i haven't heard or seen anything of this game until now. i've done a little youtube research and i'm pretty sure i'm going to get this when i get home next week. BC2 and mass effect first, but then if i've time before i go back to uni i'll get this - looks pretty ****ing cool.

i LOVE underground places of refuge akin to that of the ''stations'' in HL2 or human controlled outposts you might find, and the general underside grimey atmosphere of the dark, unknown places found in places such as nova prospekt or the mines from ep2 are some of my favourite places in the half-life. this looks to have all of that atmosphere.

Kyrnn/stemot - Do you guys reckon there's any chance of this running decently on a 8600GT video card ?

When is the release due for the UK? Theres no option to buy or pre-purchase it on steam anymore, is it only going to be released in stores?

When is the release due for the UK? Theres no option to buy or pre-purchase it on steam anymore, is it only going to be released in stores?

18th march. well, thats the EU release on wikipedia anyway. the UK usually puts games out on a friday mind, but yeah end of this week give or take.

Kyrnn/stemot - Do you guys reckon there's any chance of this running decently on a 8600GT video card ?

Perhaps on low settings and resolution, but I really couldn't say. My GTX280 struggles with high settings at some points.

(edit: to trailer) jesus christ it looks good.

might have to just go deeper into my overdraft and get this alongside BC2 and ME2 before i get the train home so i can play it straightaway when i'm back with my 360.

That song could be put to anything and it would instantly make it awesomes. Pretty good trailer nonetheless.

Great song. It worked much better in 28 Days Later, though. Still, this is quickly climbing up my "Games I Want But Will Wait Until they is Less Expensive" list.

DO IT. You've got a computer with the balls to run the thing, whats stopping you? Money?

Is everyone so damn broke they can't afford 50 bucks or whatever it is? Get a job nerds. I seriously think this game could be one of the best games that came out recently, almost on par with ME2.

Played a little more, still enjoying it but the weapons are severely underwhelming and considering this as hungry as Crysis the graphics are a little underwhelming. The atmosphere is great though and I also like that when you enter a crowded area, rather than waiting for the player to listen to all the bystanders individually the characters will all have their conversations at the same time regardless of the player which really adds to the feeling that these places are really populated.

Poland has waaaay too much Soviet surplus gear it seems.

The game is based entirely on the book. As such, it is linear.

I'm engaged. Getting married next year. My "Has-A-Life" shields deflect your "Sarcasm" torpedo!

Any way you could find me a site that'll ship internationally?

My god I want that bad.

Bought and Pre-Loaded, really looking forward to this one.

Is everyone so damn broke they can't afford 50 bucks or whatever it is? Get a job nerds. I seriously think this game could be one of the best games that came out recently, almost on par with ME2.

THAT'S NOT HELPING!

^^What's up with all the redhead avatars?

And this. Looks hilarious whatever it's about lol.

Might get it used for the X360 in a few months; I'm not paying the full console game price for 12 hours of gameplay.

Check out that video, the AI looks pretty ****ing terrible, and the ragdoll bugs at the end are hilarious!

It seems that if you want 'PC' games these days you have to put up with a certain amount of bugs and a lack of polish. I've ordered it anyways - the setting looks great and there's an inventory! Every game should have an inventory.

Someone want to explain the story to me? Where is Artyom going and why? The guy at the beginning mumbled something about a mutant

So, anyone besides me buying the novel the game is based off?

Someone want to explain the story to me? Where is Artyom going and why? The guy at the beginning mumbled something about a mutant

Hes going to find a guy named Miller (from the prologue) in a different town, because the friend of Artyom's dad, Hunter, said Miller could help them fend off the mutant's attacks on Artyom's home.

So, anyone besides me buying the novel the game is based off?

Pre-ordered it on Amazon, should've been shipped yesterday but someone is having troubles. No e-mail confirm for the book yet, but my game is on the way.

Kinda want to read the book first though...

In general, I find reading a game-book after playing is pretty much better. Since the story telling is usually better, you don't in any way ruin the way the game may tell it.

Have I missed something ? What's up with all the edited Darkside Avatar's ?

is DX10 that much prettier then DX9 guys?

I have a GTX260 btw

I ran it for a minute on DX11, looked superb! Too bad I don't have time to play it tonight.

what dx11 do u have?

my uncle has a lower ati 5000 something...but his cpu is alot slower though.

Just have to say that I love the whole game.

Bar the quick-time-events at the end.

Back