Mighty Max (would make a great film)!

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
I just had an idea after thinking about the show and having a nostalgic moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Q7a6SxIBk

If any of you don't know what the show is about I'll explain it very roughly as I remembered it back when I was like 7. A kid gets a hat and it allows him to open portals to alternate dimensions and he has to defeat evil or get an artifact. He is helped by an owl and some huge warrior guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Max_(TV_series) The show was epic but didn't last too long.

Well I just thought it would make for one hell of a movie if done right. What do you guys think?

The show was epic but didn't last too long.
The show lasts forever, because everyone died at the end only to get resurrected to try again. That's what happened. You can watch it over and over again and pretend the show's still running, if you like.

I don't think it'd make for a good movie anyway.

the toys were amazing. i had so much fun with that skull fortress and dragon-head shaped island... thingy, as well as all of the smaller ones.

I doubt it would make a good movie, but I absolutely loved the show.

The show lasts forever, because everyone died at the end only to get resurrected to try again. That's what happened. You can watch it over and over again and pretend the show's still running, if you like.

I remember a subtlety at the end, when they're starting over, that suggests that Virgil and Norman know that they've done it all before, and that maybe the loop can be broken.

I remember a subtlety at the end, when they're starting over, that suggests that Virgil and Norman know that they've done it all before, and that maybe the loop can be broken.

Yeah I just rewatched the last two episodes and I was mostly correct. Actually, all three of them are aware that they're doing it all over again, so it's entirely possible that things could be done "right".

Holy Jesus.
Watched this all the time on USA back when I was like... 6 or 7.

Nostalgia headache incoming.

A couple of years ago I found a website that had pictures of every single Mighty Max toy they ever made. I was slightly distressed by how many I owned. I could have sworn I only had two but the memories came flooding back about a great number of them.

Kids toys aren't what they used to be. I reckon a resurgence of the series would be brilliant. I know I'd watch it.

No it wouldn't what the hell are you taking

I love the idea of wearing a big M on my T-Shirt every day of my life because my name is Max.

I remember Mighty Max... and Mutant League.

Oh god the memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmSMvdMH4M

And oh god, yes... the Mighty Max toys. Weren't those like, based on polly pocket toys though? Or at least made by the same company?

And oh god, yes... the Mighty Max toys. Weren't those like, based on polly pocket toys though? Or at least made by the same company?

They were made to be the male-equivalent, yeah. I had an absolute ****ton of them.

I remember I had the volcano one, got it in a charity shop for £2, I was a happy camper.

I still have my Mighty Max toys in a box somewhere in the garage. :|

Mighty Max and Zbots toys were among my favorite as a kid.

Q. Were there ever any plans to make a Mighty Max movie?

A. Rumor has it that at one time there was going to be a Max movie. Whether it was live-action or animated, I don't know. A search of the U.S. Copyright Database shows that Bohbot Entertainment and Film Roman filed a copyright in 1995 for a Mighty Max motion picture. This was the year after the cartoon ended, so a movie at that time was probably going to be a full-length animated movie. It could've either picked up after the series finale or re-introduced Mighty Max to audiences. It's a shame it was never made - even if it was only a 2-hour long episode, it would've been really cool and loved by fans. No idea why it wasn't made.

http://www.omegacron.com/mighty_max/faq.htm

Wow I didn't expect that! :D

America makes the best cartoons. I can't think of a british cartoon that didn't suck.

Mighty Max toys were the only thing good about Mighty Max.

I actually could not find any of the toys but one time I did. I wanted them all but my mom said she could only afford one (and at the time, my family was really hurting for money but the 90's were the best times). I chose this one:

mm_rad_1_crop.jpg

mm_rad_2_crop.jpg

I remember that I lost both figures but when I did have the complete set, I really had to use my imagination. The fun I had with that thing though! :D

Also yes, American 90's cartoons were epic as the list goes on and on. Plus we had like electric guitars almost like some 80's Van Halen rock band theme song in our old cartoons! Not some cute Spongebob song they have now with cute characters.

They can make a film though as "The Sorcerers Apprentice" from Disney made me think of "Mighty Max" and a movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2uV0_1C4UM&hd=1

Never heard of Mighty Max but Max Headroom was awesome btw.

Back