Miscellaneous

That's what bothers me. Other people go through some serious shit too. My closest friends included. And it's noticeably been an emotional strain on them from them trying to help and that's bad. I absolutely hate offloading these sorts of things on them, willingly or otherwise.

I rarely trust anyone on this planet with my own concerns and when it takes a toll on someone who is closer and more like a sister than actual blood and I can't trust them either to be able to handle it, I can't imagine offloading it on anyone else anymore. It's something I've refused to do. Even if it were someone paid for it. When people go through their own breakdowns and crisis, they shouldn't have to deal with others'.

Holy f*ck I need to sleep.

While I was fortunate that in high school my issues were not as severe as they wound up blossoming in my mid-twenties like some kind of flower made of panic and fear, I still should have been seeing a therapist and refused to do so for similar reasons. It's more than just the fact that it would be someone's job to hear about your problems, its that the good doctors actively WANT to help people through the rough times. I don't want to sound piling on, but the people you'd most be comfortable sharing these problems with simply don't have the tools and training to help. It's an unfortunate irony that those closest are often the least equipped to actually be of help. Getting a psychiatrist who you can actually trust, and building a long term relationship with that person is the best way to get help.

My suggestion honest to god would be to find out what your options are for help, call them up and basically say exactly what you told us your concerns in seeking help were. The brutal truth is that this won't go away on it's own. You will find ways to cope with it, potentially destructive ones and at the cost of personal relationships. It's best to get help.

And seriously, even if you don't do any of that, get a doctor's visit lined up for the fact you blacked out like you did. You could be suffering seizures and not even know it for instance, like what happened to my brother. He totaled a car and was lucky to make it out with his life. There's plenty of reasons to black out pure psychological only one possible set.

I told you all my band supported Electric Six in Sheffield in December. Well, after it sold out and everyone liked it so much, the guitarist and I have been invited to do an acoustic set supporting the lead singer of aforementioned Electric Six doing his acoustic solo show at the same venue this year.

So that's neat. Also, should be playing a popular inner-city festival in Sheffield this year called Tramlines. So that's neat, too.

I totally didn't accidentally post this in Shamrock's thread either, I swear.

So apparently I can't post about changing my avatar in a thread about someone thinking about changing their avatar so yeah hey Misc just wanted to let you know that I changed my avatar. It's the album cover of Pink Floyd's Meddle. In case you're wondering it's an ear underwater. Yeah

So apparently I can't post about changing my avatar in a thread about someone thinking about changing their avatar so yeah hey Misc just wanted to let you know that I changed my avatar. It's the album cover of Pink Floyd's Meddle. In case you're wondering it's an ear underwater. Yeah
/me is not to be taken seriously ... p much ever

/me is not to be taken seriously either ... gotta make sure he's sober lol.

Never listened to Meddle, despite having like 7 or 8 albums from Pink Floyd.

Never listened to Meddle, despite having like 7 or 8 albums from Pink Floyd.

You should. It's not their best album but overall it's wonderful and 'Echoes' is simply a masterpiece. My favorite song by them.

I'll be sure to do so soon.

Anyway, so I'm starting up lifting again tonight because I've recovered from the hardware enough. I am going to take the next 10 weeks seriously. I finally have my own place to live instead of the dorms and that means I can cook and make real people food. I actually just came up with a shake that is delicious:

1 tbsp flaxseed
2 cups whole milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 medium banana
1 packet Carnation instant breakfast

Comes out to about 900Cal and should make bulking 900 times easier than eating a metric ****ton of PB&J like I did for the last couple months. My goal is 3000+ calories per day. I think it's doable if I just slam one of these shakes before bed.

Echoes is, indeed, awesome. Not listened to Floyd in ages... Need to crack out me old vinyls methinks....

Truly one of the greatest gifts that progressive rock has given us, along with Yes's Close to the Edge and Tull's Thick as a Brick. So rich, so complex...

The best part about Thick as a Brick is that it was Jethro Tull's response to everyone insisting their previous album was a concept album. People did it so much they decided "fine, **** it, we'll MAKE a concept album!" and then it was called Thick as a Brick. The whole thing is a parody, but it still became a great album.

Yeah. I listened to Aqualung and can see why people consider it a concept album. It's clearly divided up into two themes: society in the first half, religion in the second. That's simplifying it of course but the ideas are undeniable, albeit unintentional on their part, or so they say. Truly a great work, overshadowed only by its successor, which as you pointed out was a response to everyone calling Aqualung a concept album. I still scratch my head to this day trying to figure out how they pulled off Thick as a Brick. Everything about it is extraordinary, including the reason for its conception. Just one song the length of an entire album to shut everyone up and it turns out to be one of the greatest compositions of progressive rock. Spectacular.

Son of a bitch, Olli. I'll get him first... and then you are next, Shem.. :devil:

Araviss told me to sabotage your thread, I swear! :(

Tonight I embellished some ramen with broccoli, ginger, carrots, chicken, and garlic, and I must say that it's freakin' fantastic. I don't know why it never occurred to me to dress it up like that before.

Tonight I embellished some ramen with broccoli, ginger, carrots, chicken, and garlic, and I must say that it's freakin' fantastic. I don't know why it never occurred to me to dress it up like that before.

Ramen is pretty great for that. It makes an AWESOME base for all kinds of stuff.

Some crazy people I know eat ramen noodles right outside of the package for lunch. They don't cook 'em or anything, they just eat 'em and they smile whenever they do. I've tried them before without heating them and they're actually pretty good so I can see why cool kids would do it. I'm not entirely sure if they're the genuine noodles from Japan or some other Asian country or wherever but there's not even much of a difference I'm sure. And who would go to Asia just to seek ramen noodles?

Oh okay I just looked it up they actually do come from Japan. Lucky guess I guess.

Ramen originated in Asia, but Maruchan ramen noodles are made here. Unless it's an exotic food there is a 99% chance it's made in the US. Importing food is a pretty uncommon occurrence in the US. Uncooked ramen seems like it would be painful to eat, honestly.

Yeah come to think of it I'm pretty sure they were the Maruchan brand of ramen noodles.

It might not be technically classified as "food product" by other countries, but whatever it is, America often finds a way to eat it.

Not even close to being true.

Compared to the volume of food produced for internal consumption and export? Shit yeah it's true. Excluding specialty foods produced elsewhere like fish, caviar, certain varieties of canned food, pretty much everything you eat is made in the US if you live here. If it's not from the US then it's from Canada or Mexico.

in my experience I found that many american stores didnt have a whole lot of selection of imported foods. cant find a decent spanish wine in the US or italian or french it's all bottled in the US. try finding extra virgin olive oil from italy or spain or even simple stuff like green manzanilla olives is at times difficult to find. sure I've found specialty shops in new york with imported foods from Italy but in toronto you can find these things in most grocery stores but then again toronto has a huge italian population as well as people from all over the world. Bought a jerk chicken maranating sauce the other day that I've only ever seen in jamaica

You have to go to ethnic markets for that kind of thing in the US typically. Particularly for food staples. Foreign booze you can usually find at a larger store like BevMo (which is like walmart for liquor).

ya that sucks if you have to go to an ethnic neighbourhood to get that. while that's still somewhat true in toronto you can still go to most grocery stores to get foreign food. to get the real stuff (with non english labeling) you can go to the ethnic neighbourhoods but even chain grocery stores will carry some of that stuff if there's enough of a demand. my suburb is populated with asians, italians, and persians. you can find food from those 3 communities in any of the neighbourhood grocery stores. most grocery stores will have an asian section or a kosher section but italian or other european brands are displayed throughout the store and not in the "italian" section.

I really wouldnt know what to do if limited in types of foods due to too many whiteys. I guess I'd stock up on coctail weennies, Cheez Wiz and white bread like everyone else

mangiacake is a pretty popular derogatory name for those of non italian or ethnic descent. it means "eat cake" in italian because when the italians immigrated to canada they were surprised to see canadians eating white bread as they didnt bleach their bread at that time. they said it looked like "pound cake". mangiacake literally means "eats pound cake"

If you live in a major city it's not hard at all (or even our South Side/Downtown, Maestro). The U.S. imports something like 20% of our foodstuffs.

I guess we're lucky in the UK where food is concerned, I didn't realize the US was as limited for its imports. I can get pretty much anything from the larger supermarkets here, although the smaller local 'metro' markets are a bit limited. The area I live in has quite a few different ethnic stores (not in 'neighbourhoods' but in generic shopping areas), which makes finding specific ingredients quite easy.

If you live in a major city it's not hard at all (or even our South Side/Downtown, Maestro). The U.S. imports something like 20% of our foodstuffs.

Oh I know where to get foreign food, but I live north of the 3rd Ward and lack a vehicle. Most of the time if I have a hankering I just go to an ethnic restaurant. Unfortunately I have yet to find a proper Mexican place.

So Jim Bowen has been elected Pope.

6637859866378597.jpg

I wonder how long it will take for this song to become relevant again.

Back