Miscellaneous

Sheepo

The Freeman
Reaction score
This thread is for general discussion of goings on in yours or other people's lives. It is for sharing information and posting about topics that do not easily fit in to other threads, and that do not seem worthy of a dedicated thread.

Attempt to post well, as short/meaningless or +1ing posts will be deleted. (as will obvious drunkposts).

This thread is not necessarily going to remain open forever.

[Original post below]
Give it a chance.

Doing data input and seeing how many people have dead parents... it's sad.

Using Ubuntu and habitually highlighting the text I read in a browser + middle click scrolling = horse ebooks.

My cousin's out fighting dragons and what do I get? Guard duty.

I just implemented encryption for my file transfers in my chat/file transfer program. I'm happy about that.

I'm using RSA(asymmetric encryption) to establish a secure link between the two users and passing the AES(symmetric encryption) private key via that... and handling all subsequent encryption of the actual file data with the AES encryption(since RSA is ridiculously impractical/impossible for large data transfer).

Shit's sweet yo!

Krynn here. (belches) Burping eggs, scratching my underarm fungus, looking for love.

Send.

But really, things seem to be going ok recently for me. Been learning how to fix a lot of new stuff at my job, like iphones/ipods/ipads/kindles etc as well as more computer repairs like CCFL backlights and such. My boss today mentioned that he wants to have a dinner meeting with me and a couple of other employees to discuss his plans for us and whatnot so cool things may be happening soon.

Also I just got my W2s and I started doing my tax return stuff, and apparently I nailed my payments, as I'm getting a whopping $4 refund this year. Kind of disappointing that I'm not getting a big refund, but also kinda proud that I finally filed out my tax information correct for once and had the right amounts taken out of my checks.

I have a feeling this thread is going to get shitcanned, if not soon then eventually, but I feel like this is a pretty good time to have one of these, if not for the general lack of activity then because I like when people post about themselves and what they're up to in an unfiltered kind of way. It makes me feel like I'm coming here out of more than just habit. Mind you I might just be feeling sentimental as I've been drinking and playing Walking Dead.

I **** you all, lovers.

My girlfriend loves you Willie, enough to like most of your previous posts on Facebook and then tell you.
I love you too, but in a self preservation kind of way.

My boss sent me an email and it didn't arrive for half an hour. What the shit?

^^^I once had an email not arrive until over a week later. The person sent a follow-up about a week after the slow one was sent asking why I hadn't completed the task yet. I generally keep my unread emails at zero, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't going insane because I remember "(1)" unread mail appearing next to "Inbox" and having to click back through my cluttered inbox to find it (sorted by sent date). Maybe a screw-up on my university's email system? Makes me paranoid now that I might be missing important communications, and most people wouldn't consider "I never received your email" to be a valid excuse.

My girlfriend loves you Willie, enough to like most of your previous posts on Facebook and then tell you.
I'll just pretend it's your love. Nice to know someone finds it funny.

^^^I once had an email not arrive until over a week later. The person sent a follow-up about a week after the slow one was sent asking why I hadn't completed the task yet. I generally keep my unread emails at zero, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't going insane because I remember "(1)" unread mail appearing next to "Inbox" and having to click back through my cluttered inbox to find it (sorted by sent date). Maybe a screw-up on my university's email system? Makes me paranoid now that I might be missing important communications, and most people wouldn't consider "I never received your email" to be a valid excuse.
I'm thinking it was on his end in this case, because he resent it to my other address. Also 30 minutes late.

I think making a drunk post while sober is quite an accomplishment. In fact, it begs the question: how do we really know if a person is drunk when he makes a drunk post?

I noticed the other day watching Breaking Bad with my dad, that Jesse is playing Sonic '06. I guess I noticed it the first time, but I didn't realize at the time how awful the game actually was.

Vexed by current network cable testers throwing false positives or being unusually expensive for such a simple tester, I'm making my own. There'a a zillion ways to do it, but for fun, I'm going to make it using only leftover parts in my toolbox (NAND gates, flip flops, mux/demux, that sort of crap or a 2051 microcontroller in a pinch if I wuss out and do it in assembly).

Krynn, we repair various monitor types at work (CRTs, but we're trying to phase those out) and LCDs as well - what line of work are you in if I may ask?

I noticed the other day watching Breaking Bad with my dad, that Jesse is playing Sonic '06. I guess I noticed it the first time, but I didn't realize at the time how awful the game actually was.
When? I'm pretty sure he's playing Sonic Riders or one of the multiplayer racing ones. Sonic 06 isn't the only game that looks like Sonic 06.

bitch maybe he's playing Generations or are you just kill Jontron

Oh. Uh. I did nothing with my life today.

Suzie?

Krynn, we repair various monitor types at work (CRTs, but we're trying to phase those out) and LCDs as well - what line of work are you in if I may ask?

Basically retail computer repair. We don't do CRTs either. I'm surprised anybody actually pays you to fix them. We stopped working on printers because people will just abandon them (dont ever pick them up so they don't have to pay us) after we fix them because they can get a new printer for the same cost. Also how come when I quote things, they're in html all of the sudden, and not BB Code?

I deleted my post because it was a bit too personal - however, the show depicts both Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and Sonic 06. Also, RAGE with a lightgun, haha.

I saw the post Alby. I SAW IT YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME AND JUST KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU and you are my video games an the only person I know that knows the glory of Sleeping Canines.

oh I should probably mention I slept all day because I didn't go to sleep until 7am because at 4am Mississippi what are you DOING

1OPiu

1OPcE

You appeared to have misspelt "ValveTime.net".

Shut up with your ValveTime.net

I don't crush your ****ing dreams.

You're never going to change the vernacular. You're never going to stop us from knowing where we came from, what we still are.

valvtime = autism

hl2.net = normal well adjusted people

I applied to work at another coffee shop. God help anyone that pisses me off while I serve their coffee.

I swear if I had more time or talent I'd GIMP that snow to read VT.NET

EDIT: or lived somewhere where they had snow so I could just take a new photo

I swear if I had more time or talent I'd GIMP that snow to read VT.NET

EDIT: or lived somewhere where they had snow so I could just take a new photo

From December 2009.

15z4nzl.jpg

Now I'm angry and ashamed I didn't write in the snow for the forum. I'll do it tomorrow I swear on the lives of my unborn children.

Just finished all my assignments. Probably gonna check over a few papers tonight or something, maybe do some studying before I hit the hay.

/me doesn't know if he's doing it right.

What are your thoughts on Black Forest chocolate? I like it, but the jelly bits make it kinda hard to eat.

Back