Miscellaneous

What are your thoughts on Black Forest chocolate? I like it, but the jelly bits make it kinda hard to eat.
Never had it, but chocolate with jelly inside never sounds appealing to me.

Another random question for you folk. How do you pronounce the word bagel? A coworker today said it and pronounced it like I've never heard it pronounced before, and he said its because he's from the mid-west (of the usa). He pronounced it bag-ul, while everyone else I've ever known pronounces it bay-gul.

What are your thoughts on Black Forest chocolate? I like it, but the jelly bits make it kinda hard to eat.
Isn't the cake in Portal of the Black Forest variety? That's like cherries and liquor and shit, right?

Also, Bay-gul.

That sounds scary :( I used to live by the lake in a small bay town...

Let's just say Lawyer's fabled 'Matchsticks' is quite believable to me. I've SEEN shit.

...or I've just done too many drugs.

That sounds scary :( I used to live by the lake in a small bay town...

Let's just say Lawyer's fabled 'Matchsticks' is quite believable to me. I've SEEN shit.

...or I've just done too many drugs.

His story was as much a fabrication as my stupid werewolf story.

Much better done though.

You know what I miss? The OpenGL spinny splash screen when launching old games on a 3D accelerator card. Fond memories.

I had a lucid dream last week and I really want to have another one, but I fear that it will never happen again. Shit was awesome.

Why does this port keep flipping from blocking to listening?! I've enabled portfast, I'm guarding against BPDU and filtering BPDUs!! The duplex is half... I wonder if the port is logically flipping... meh I hope I can just disable STP.

So, I just came back from this... one of the coolest events I've ever been to. Don't know whether these are common in other countries, but I've never heard of anything like this being held in Canada before.

So there were some people having sex but lot a lot?

There were a decent amount of people who did, but certainly not everyone. For a lot of people there, having sex with a stranger wasn't necessarily the reason for going. They had a pool, hot tub, sauna, bar, TV room that played movies, 2-3 poles, a dungeon, and even a room with the back half of a van in it, so there was plenty of other things to do there.

Dammit... I lived in Toronto for 3 years and I never went to something like that. Now I'm back in boring old windsor...

They've been doing it for a few years, and hopefully will do it again next year. I took a bus from Ottawa to get there myself, so it's not impossible if you don't live in Toronto

Man, I believe I sleepwalked for the first time in my life, at least from my recollection.

I went to sleep early after I got home, about 7:30 PM or so. I was tired.

Later, I wake up in the living room, my eyes closed because I hear somebody coming into the living room after having come through the front door. Once they leave, I get up off the futon and go back into my room to sleep, totally confused why I was even out there in the first.

This sort of thing has never happened to me before. I'm actually kind of freaking out about it.

I used to sleep walk a bit. The odd time I would wake up in a bed in a different room, and once my dad even found me standing over my brothers bed about to take a leak.

Either that or I was abducted by aliens.

Had a bruise apparently explode in my inner thigh, hurts like hell to walk without a bandaid to prevent the chafing. Shit better heal up faster.

That's weird as hell. The thought of sleep walking has always scared me just because not being in control of what I do is a big no no.

I suspect it has something to do with sleep paralysis not kicking in, which would normally prevent you from moving.

You're not in control of your heart beating.

I had a mini freak-out about things the other night, popped a couple pills, then mellowed out and hopped in chat for a while before passing out. Anyone remember what I said? :|

I started working out and stopped smoking weed indefinitely. Also started sleeping a bit more normally. Hopefully this is for the long haul.

What did you pop?
Prescription benzos. Being really careful with them since I've seen what they can do, and because I know how easy it'd be to fuel that addiction. I use them pretty sparingly, but my old flatmate kept swiping them so I used to run out pretty quickly. My doctor gave me repeats like they were ****ing candy, didn't ask me a single question. I've always really liked my doctor since he's a no bullshit kind of guy who actually gets to know his patients, but that made me feel a little uneasy.

God, yeah, please don't. I started when I was ****ing 11 and my folks let me have free reign over my bottles of Xanax and Adderal. Just stop while you can.

I've been on summer holidays following my graduation from high school in November, and recently have been accepted into The University of Melbourne. I start in march.

More importantly, I've finally had time to read the A Song of Ice and Fire novels in the past few months. I'm about 100 pages from finishing A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold.

Game of Thrones/ASoIaF spoiler rage:
Jesus f*cking christ, I did not anticipate that wedding betrayal. F*cking Walder Frey the old bastard. I wanted Robb to win. Such a heart stopping moment. Especially with Arya so close to seeing her family again. Mind you, Joffrey's death was pretty sweet, if only for an end to sickening little shit, he deserved a thousand times worse though.

Who else here reads ASoIaF? A decent few if I recall correctly? How does A Feast For Crows go down if you're coming in hard from having read the first three? I just looked it up, and it's not even about the main characters. I hope it's still as good.

Who else here reads ASoIaF? A decent few if I recall correctly? How does A Feast For Crows go down if you're coming in hard from having read the first three? I just looked it up, and it's not even about the main characters. I hope it's still as good.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think most people also did. The biggest thing is that it makes the timeline kind of hard to follow, and the long wait to get to people's favorite characters made some people sour. It should be a nonissue for you though, since the next book is already out and you can jump right on it.

Can't wait for that spoiler'd part in the show though.

I'm trying to gain some knowledge of lexical analysis, at least as much as I'll need to use lexer and parser generators to help do all the hard work for me.

Shit's ****ing FASCINATING, especially given all that you can do with the knowledge.

This video isn't all that fascinating though. Just a dude telling you all the uses beyond creating your own compilers for your own custom programming languages.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think most people also did. The biggest thing is that it makes the timeline kind of hard to follow, and the long wait to get to people's favorite characters made some people sour. It should be a nonissue for you though, since the next book is already out and you can jump right on it.

Can't wait for that spoiler'd part in the show though.

Yeah? That's what I'd kinda thought, sounds like it's still a good read. I'm pretty keen to jump into A Dance With Dragons, just the name is enticing enough. So keen.

Most people complain about the last two books because its slowed down and less high-stakes than ASOS and less OH SHIT goes down. I think they were expecting infinite escalation of conflict or something. By the end of ASOS the dominoes are pretty much all fallen and they need to be set up again. AFFC and ADWD are about setting up the game board again so they're slower and bit more like AGOT. They're also the most character-focused books with a big emphasis on character interactions and introspection and less on action. They're great if you're into that sort of thing.

What the ****?

http://www.ehow.com/how_12168470_use-gplex-gppg.html

This article is total fabricated bullshit.

The Gardens Point Parser Generator LEX (GPLEX) is a computer software program that allows Web designers to create a virtual home to store multiple databases and systems. Meant to work in tandem with the Gardens Point Parser Generator (GPPG) as scanner generators, the purpose of the GPLEX and GPPG programs are to act as a centralized location for all online files. While GPLEX and GPPG can be used independently, these scanner generators work best when used together.

That's not what it is at all!

Actually got the first four ASoFaI books a while back, have yet to read them since they're in not too long queue of things I want to read.

What the **** is this shit? I got this Bluray of Front Line for Christmas, and finally got around to wanting to watch it. I rip all my blurays onto my PC though, so I went to do that, and my drive tells me there's no disk in it. I take it out, and I see it looks like this. Its very much see-through. This is about 4 inches away from my monitor. Have any of you guys ever seen something like this before?

It was a Bluray/DVD box, and the DVD is fine.

30mrcz9.jpg

Sigh. I'm really lamenting on a game I was working on but stopped in like early 2010, after I got hired on permanent at my job after the temporary gig part of it ended.

This is just a model from it.

AzEGXbd.jpg

Back