Miscellaneous

Going to the gym is great. I'm far less sore than I expected and I think I'm standing up straighter than I have in years. I feel a little taller today.

Going to the gym is great. I'm far less sore than I expected and I think I'm standing up straighter than I have in years. I feel a little taller today.

This is totally making me feel guilty. I'm going today or tomorrow. Yes. Yes I am.

This is totally making me feel guilty. I'm going today or tomorrow. Yes. Yes I am.
I don't know about other gyms but I had no idea how to work any of the machine or what to do without hurting myself but I asked them to make me up a beginner's training programme and a guy showed me around all the machines and corrected any mistakes I was making on them. It's really cool. It's also free, or at least it was paid for already in my college fees.

Anyone been to Vegas? Dad is trying to force everyone to go. I don't feel like it's a family destination. One person will only be 15, how much fun could a 15 yr old have at a gambling destination?

Anyone been to Vegas? Dad is trying to force everyone to go. I don't feel like it's a family destination. One person will only be 15, how much fun could a 15 yr old have at a gambling destination?

Vegas is complete dildos if you are not 21 yet. There's the Bellagio and a couple other cool locations that anyone can enjoy, but the only thing Lost Wages is good for is gambling and trade shows.

So my Grandfather is pretty sick at the moment.

His health has been declining for a long time due to Dementia, and he was placed into care recently because he couldn't look after himself properly. At this point he doesn't know who any of us are, and is pretty unresponsive during visits. The other night he was hospitalized because of a bad chest infection, and was put on oxygen and an IV line which he hasn't responded to, and the doctors have decided the next time he takes of his oxygen or pulls his line out they'll just resort to making him comfortable. I'm torn between going to visit him or not right now. It would be nice to say goodbye, but on the other hand, I feel like he already left. He looks terrible, and is completely unaware of who anyone is or where he is. I really don't want to see him like that. I just feel like I might really regret it.

Man Morgs, that's such a tough decision. I hope you make one that you'll feel comfortable with. Both are fine in my eyes. I say do what you will not regret. You understand completely already what it means to go there. He probably won't recognize you or be able to respond to you in any meaningful way, but at least you'll know you were there, got to say goodbye one last time. But I mean, even if you didn't say goodbye like that, I think it's still fine.

Man Morgs, that's such a tough decision. I hope you make one that you'll feel comfortable with. Both are fine in my eyes. I say do what you will not regret. You understand completely already what it means to go there. He probably won't recognize you or be able to respond to you in any meaningful way, but at least you'll know you were there, got to say goodbye one last time. But I mean, even if you didn't say goodbye like that, I think it's still fine.

Yeah, you're right. I've decided to go in tonight and see him. I know I wont regret visiting so that's what I'm going to do, despite how hard it will be.

Last year in November my Grandfather passed away after a surgery. After the surgery was done, he essentially just never recovered, never woke up. The entire family came to see him before they took him off life support, and while it was hard to see him that way, I certainly would do it again. It sucks when you can't say goodbye far more than it sucks to see them in such a state. I know its not exactly the same situation, but I think its the right decision. My grandmother, on the other side of my family, is suffering from minor dementia as well, remembering things that never happened, forgetting who people are. Its god damn awful.

I just got back from the hospital. It went easier than I thought, and he looked better than I thought he would. He was just sleeping looking peaceful. He woke for a little bit and I passed on a message from my brother and said goodbye, though I don't think he registered. I'm glad I went though.

I just got back from the hospital. It went easier than I thought, and he looked better than I thought he would. He was just sleeping looking peaceful. He woke for a little bit and I passed on a message from my brother and said goodbye, though I don't think he registered. I'm glad I went though.

Glad to hear it bro. You'll never have anything to regret now.

My Grandpaps passed on this month last year on the 21st. Pretty glad I went to the hospital in the January not long before he went. S'always nice to have a last word.

My condolences to you folks dealing with the ailing and passed, and I agree on parting words, Stylo.

My gran had pretty bad dementia before she died too. Due to a few circumstances not entirely out of my control I never got to visit her close to her passing. It'd been months since I'd seen her and then I just heard about it from dad. She was awesome so I've always regretted that. Not in an all-consuming kind of way but I definitely feel shitty every time I think about it.

When I proposed, on Snowdon
DSCF2625_zpsf68e7c14.jpg

Someone agreed to marry your sour-grapes ass? My god you're dating up. Congrats though!

how much did you pay her? Is this a citizenship thing? be honest.

Congrats Eejit. Don't let her whip you. Unless its in the sexy way.

Someone agreed to marry your sour-grapes ass? My god you're dating up. Congrats though!

how much did you pay her? Is this a citizenship thing? be honest.

I'm not bitter or sour, just grouchy!

And yes, it's totally for a visa and citizenship. Still, it will be a nice few last years until she qualifies.

Hey, ride that pony. (not innuendo, the figure of speech). Nah but in reality I'm happy for you. Sounds like you two are pretty compatible.

I've been to vegas numerous times between ages of 8 and 21. It was fun. Lots of fun things to do for younger people as long as your parents are willing to do them.

Well looks like we're going. Shouldn't be bad, seems like he got the worst airline (Spirit) to allocate funds for a better hotel.

Back