Miscellaneous

You mean you're skipping the first two? That'll save some bucks!
Based on recent work and previous qualifications, yup!

And thanks y'all for the congrats.... You guys... you make me.... well, I'm welling up here... Feeling the love. Feeling the love. :D

So I had surgery yesterday to have hardware taken out of my leg from breaking it four years ago. Aches like a mother****er, but hey I should be able to go running again! I also apparently scared the nurse in the post-op care room shitless because I was extremely irritable from the anesthesia wearing off, and sounded I was gargling gravel to talk due to the intubation.

EDIT: It sounds like I've been tragically crippled and unable to run for 4 years. It's only really been in the last year that I've gotten pain from running, and about 3 months since I developed chronic pain around the plate in my ankle. Should be back to walking normally again by Friday or Saturday.

With eight to ten years of physiotherapy and a handful of experimental bone surgeries, science might just be able to help Maestro walk again in his lifetime. Fingers crossed!

Man. I can't even go bike riding if I wanted to. Every time I keep buying and pumping up my bike tire, it explodes. I'm pumping it to the rated PSI, and it doesn't seem to be pinched anywhere but it's always POP.

I think I'm deaf in one ear now. I was pumping in a confined indoor space.

Shit is driving me up the wall.

Man. I can't even go bike riding if I wanted to. Every time I keep buying and pumping up my bike tire, it explodes. I'm pumping it to the rated PSI, and it doesn't seem to be pinched anywhere but it's always POP.

I think I'm deaf in one ear now. I was pumping in a confined indoor space.

Shit is driving me up the wall.

Is it a road bike? A lot of those say pump up to 120 PSI, but they really never need to be pumped above like 80-100 especially for bigger guys. Also, you could have a thorn or something similar embedded in the tire that is popping the inner tubes you put into it. Shit's annoying.

Sorry to hear duder :(
It's not a sorry thing, man. I'm happy I got it done.

Is it a road bike? A lot of those say pump up to 120 PSI, but they really never need to be pumped above like 80-100 especially for bigger guys. Also, you could have a thorn or something similar embedded in the tire that is popping the inner tubes you put into it. Shit's annoying.

It's not a sorry thing, man. I'm happy I got it done.

ah, misread your post. Hope you're back in running order!

Thanks! Well I'm back in limping order at the moment. Should be walking normally again in another couple days.

I do have to comment: being a diabetic has got to suck! I have these blood thinner injections for post-op that have to be done in subcutaneous fat, and they are annoying as hell. I can't fathom how irritating it is to do this for your entire life with insulin.

I was trying to figure out what post surgery injections diabetics needed and then I re-read and realized you were talking about just hating any kind of injections.

I'd say man up except I can't talk. One of the three or so times I've ever gotten my blood drawn I nearly fainted and some soccer mom nearby felt bad for me and gave me a lunch bag of grapes she had packed for her six-year-old. Not sure why it happened the one time when the others were just fine ... but my pride took a major hit that day.

I'd say man up except I can't talk. One of the three or so times I've ever gotten my blood drawn I nearly fainted and some soccer mom nearby felt bad for me and gave me a lunch bag of grapes she had packed for her six-year-old. Not sure why it happened the one time when the others were just fine ... but my pride took a major hit that day.
I know where ya coming from.
I used to be fine with injections through my whole life until about 10 years ago. It was a standard drawing of blood. My GP left the job to the on call Nurse (she had the nickname in our local surgery of The Butcher). She couldn't get the vein in her first attempt, but rather than trying the other arm, she tried again on the same one. She actually hit bone, she went in that deep! Next thing I remember, I was waking up on the floor with her throwing some rather shitty comments about my loss of conciousness...
Needless to say I went home incredibly embarrassed with a huge dent in my pride. Next day I woke up with a bruise that covered from my bicep to midway down my forearm, and wrapped round to my elbow and an ache that limited my arm movement. Said bitch had a complaint against her later that day.
From that point on I've had quite an aversion to any kind of injections.
To this day, I still get "Ya big jessy" off my Dad whenever its mentioned :meh:

Well, now I know how to grift fruit from women with kids.

I was trying to figure out what post surgery injections diabetics needed and then I re-read and realized you were talking about just hating any kind of injections.

Hah, yeah I've gone to give blood exactly once and I started to black out after about 3 minutes for reasons I still can't explain fully. I don't do blood donations after that experience. The blood thinners don't even really hurt, they're just annoying and I would hate to have to do them more than once a day (and I'm only taking them for 3 weeks, at that!).

So today I learned that coating meat in batter is done quite differently from coating it in marinade.

prettymuchn.jpg

Coincidentally, "Nuggetsy" is how I would describe the poo I had this morning.

Aside from that, I went to one of my regular drinking holes last night and they now have a digital drawing I did framed on their wall. Which is pretty cool. They call it "art" which is kind of surreal because at no point have I ever considered myself an artist (except a recording artist with my band, yo). I call them "pieces" or "designs" or... you know. Anyway now people are asking if I have a portfolio and shit. Cray cray. I only do them as a hobby.

I had a mole removed from my calf last week and the local injection stung like an absolute mother****er. My doctor is all about speed so he just kind of jammed it in then wriggled it around at several different angles to make sure it took. To his credit it worked like a charm and I had very little discomfort during and after, but holy shit.

Still doesn't trump the worst one I've had which was right the **** in my big toe when I went to get an ingrown nail fixed. Felt like my foot was on fire. Getting a needle in my arm barely phases me but ****. that.

It's very satisfying to read about having successful medical procedures on things that are gross. Congrats!

I've lost control of my drinking habit again but it's okay because now I have Homestuck

also RIP Maestro's legs you fat bastard I love you I'm sorry please come home

“Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable.” - Mickey Mouse.

I had a mole removed from my calf last week and the local injection stung like an absolute mother****er. My doctor is all about speed so he just kind of jammed it in then wriggled it around at several different angles to make sure it took. To his credit it worked like a charm and I had very little discomfort during and after, but holy shit.

Still doesn't trump the worst one I've had which was right the **** in my big toe when I went to get an ingrown nail fixed. Felt like my foot was on fire. Getting a needle in my arm barely phases me but ****. that.

I've had a couple of ingrown toenails excised. The needle work to numb up the toe hurts like a mother****er.
“Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable.” - Mickey Mouse.
As the only regular poster with a Mickey Mouse avatar, I support this statement.

Speaking of drinking, hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be drinking in Rohan. A friend of mine has a holiday home about 2 hours from here that's only 5 minutes from Mount Sunday (Edoras). The only problem is crossing the massive 'creek' to get to it.

Mount_Sunday_aka_Edoras_Stock_by_Deceptico.jpg

Awesome. I just got a free copy of Dead Island GOTY on Steam just for being online in Raptr at the right time. There was a giveaway about to happen that I qualified for, and one click later I had the code! I never win anything!!

So it turns out going into /r/corgi and calling everyone who names their corgi Ein "weaboos" gets you downvoted into oblivion ... who knew?

had a complete breakdown saturday night and I'm still unclear about exactly what happened

It's only been explained to me that while having a smoke I slumped down by a washing machine in a garage, hyperventilated, was carried into my friend's bed and watched by her an another friend for half an hour, snapped out of it and had no recollection of anything during that time or how I got where I was and no one will tell me what happened. I don't think even they know.

I've had times where I lock everything out and just retreat into my head, but I've never done anything on the scale of blacking out and still being conscious.

That could have happened for a number of reasons. The lesser side of things are issues related to anxiety. In those cases talking to a therapist or psychiatrist could be really helpful. There could be more severe causes though from more severe mental conditions or physical problems. If you haven't already I'd highly suggest getting a doctor's appoint just to get checked out and make sure that everything is ok. When it comes to blacking out you can't be too careful. The next time you enter what might have been a fugue state you might hurt yourself or someone else.

tobaccy

I've had anxiety issues building up the last several months and in turn a growing drinking problem, never felt like a therapist could really do anything. I don't even like talking about things with the people I'm closest too. The way I see it is as a defensive mechanism. If I can't handle it anymore it just happens and I come out of it feeling less shitty.

Trying to talk to someone about anxiety issues is always hard. For some (like me) part of it was that I always felt like "my shit is my concern." It's important to know though that these kinds of problems are not totally owned or caused by the person who suffers from them. The brain is like any other organ, there are things that it will just go and do all on it's own. You have more influence over the physical reactions of the brain, than say you liver, but at times things just are going to do what they will. In my case, I am just anxious. My fight or flight response will kick in at pointless times, like when I am trying to fall asleep.

The short of it is that you shouldn't think of this as "your" problem. It's a wider issue than that. I'll be the first to admit the psychiatric field has it's problems and you need to educate yourself as best you can, but that there is a lot of help to be had and that there are more people who are in the exact same circumstance as you than you'd realize.

In my case, I am just anxious. My fight or flight response will kick in at pointless times, like when I am trying to fall asleep.

You seem to have a lot in common with my cat.

That sucks willeh. You might want to talk to a psychiatrist, sounds like there's something ****ed up with your brain chemistry right now.

On that note, I came in here to mention that removing my own sutures has been quite easy. I left the biggest incision of the three alone, however, because it's a long way from the sutures being able to come out. I keep bleeding at a couple points where the surgeon didn't make the sutures close enough to each other and it's really annoying.

I'm thinking of doing some Dota 2 casting in the next month or so. I got re-addicted to the scene after taking a 2 month ish break, and I feel like I'm almost at the point where I could actually be pretty good at it. I understand basically all of the metagame and have most of the heroes down almost to the point of knowing individual stat gains per level. My family doesn't believe in me, except for my mom,but whatever, I feel like I can do it.

Sounds good! Just don't talk about "feels" ;)

but that there is a lot of help to be had and that there are more people who are in the exact same circumstance as you than you'd realize.
That's what bothers me. Other people go through some serious shit too. My closest friends included. And it's noticeably been an emotional strain on them from them trying to help and that's bad. I absolutely hate offloading these sorts of things on them, willingly or otherwise.

I rarely trust anyone on this planet with my own concerns and when it takes a toll on someone who is closer and more like a sister than actual blood and I can't trust them either to be able to handle it, I can't imagine offloading it on anyone else anymore. It's something I've refused to do. Even if it were someone paid for it. When people go through their own breakdowns and crisis, they shouldn't have to deal with others'.

Holy f*ck I need to sleep.

24yX1

Back