My bike got stolen today!

Lame. Man, what a pussy way to handle a thing like that. "Large group of people" ppfffh.
I hope they turn on you mid-beating and kick your ass for being a sissy. Deal with it yourself or ****ing leave it to the police.

Lame. Man, what a pussy way to handle a thing like that. "Large group of people" ppfffh.
I hope they turn on you mid-beating and kick your ass for being a sissy. Deal with it yourself or ****ing leave it to the police.

this.

only pussies fights like that...at least be man enough to deal with him yourself if that's the route you want to take.

And whenever you decide to stop being a salty worthless nerd ass ****, you should kill yourself right after you come to realize that not everybody enjoys the same things as you, and vice a versa.

That "expensive children's bike" comprises about 90% of my life. It's not going anywhere.

I bet you think skateboarding is wasting your time trying to get places on a plank of wood, amirite?

lol... the amongst the last things I expected to be called on a Half Life 2 forum is a "salty worthless nerd ass ****." I mean... I guess it's amongst the same probablity as seeing someone whining about their stolen childrens bike on a Half Life 2 forum.

But yeah, it's totally a childrens' bike. Where do you think BMX started? Someone jumped on a mountain bike or a road bike and started doing tricks? Someone was on a kid's bike. Why? Cause you can flip the shit around. So yeah, it's a bike for kids that some smart people started making an ass load of money from.

Also, why put 90% of your life in a bike? Or really, why put 90% of your life in anything material? Especially a single thing. There's a lot of stuff going on in the world, spread it around a bit.

The **** does that mean? 15 head deep...
It means,

"I'm a ****** who talks big about beating someone's ass who has wronged me. When I decide to beat him up, as I have made known on the internet, I am too cowardly to fight this battle by myself, despite me being the only person wronged, and him being the only perpetrator."

The short version is he's going to fight like a minority: lots of other guys around so if he needs help, he's got it.

Of course this is probably going to be refuted by him saying something like, "No I just want his ass beat THAT bad." Because, you know, he can't do it by himself.

I've been frequenting this thread for updates, hoping to see when you'd get your bike back, Sinko, 'cause I felt for you, but you had to go and pussy it up. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Mexican.

I prefer to think of him as a Gungan.

So what happens if sinko goes to get his bike back and gets shot or something, and we never see him again?

Could be some sort of Mexican/Gungan crossbreed.

lol... the amongst the last things I expected to be called on a Half Life 2 forum is a "salty worthless nerd ass ****." I mean... I guess it's amongst the same probablity as seeing someone whining about their stolen childrens bike on a Half Life 2 forum.

But yeah, it's totally a childrens' bike. Where do you think BMX started? Someone jumped on a mountain bike or a road bike and started doing tricks? Someone was on a kid's bike. Why? Cause you can flip the shit around. So yeah, it's a bike for kids that some smart people started making an ass load of money from.

Also, why put 90% of your life in a bike? Or really, why put 90% of your life in anything material? Especially a single thing. There's a lot of stuff going on in the world, spread it around a bit.

How is this whining? This is a big deal for me, obviously, so I felt like telling some people. Whining would be being all "oh man my bike got stolen what should I do HL2.net help me!!!".

I'm not putting 90% of my life into something material. Riding bike to me is cruising with friends and just chilling, exploring the city looking for spots, riding bikes and just having a good time.

I also spend a lot of time on my bike because it's my main means of transportation in the city. I hardly ever walk.

Everybody has something they devote a great deal of their time to, why are you trying to call me out on mine?

EDIT: OH and when I said nerd I meant Road Bike nerd. I ****ing hate the whole overhyped spandexed out gotta time my heart rate and cadence on the 20 minute ride to work scene, and I assume you're beating on me for my bike because you think that "big boy" bikes are more super srs?

It means,

"I'm a ****** who talks big about beating someone's ass who has wronged me. When I decide to beat him up, as I have made known on the internet, I am too cowardly to fight this battle by myself, despite me being the only person wronged, and him being the only perpetrator."

The short version is he's going to fight like a minority: lots of other guys around so if he needs help, he's got it.

Of course this is probably going to be refuted by him saying something like, "No I just want his ass beat THAT bad." Because, you know, he can't do it by himself.

I've been frequenting this thread for updates, hoping to see when you'd get your bike back, Sinko, 'cause I felt for you, but you had to go and pussy it up. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Mexican.

The objective here wouldn't be to settle shit like men, and duke it out one on one. He's a cowardly **** for being so cutty about it to begin with. He didn't come up to me and say "I want to fight you for your bike", or yell "get off the bike i'm taking it". He's been playing nice around these parts for years now and cruising with the locals from time to time, and he just snuck off behind everybody including me's back and snaked my bike.

Give me one good reason why I should care about "manhood" and "respect" when this ****er's already disregarded it entirely.

In any case I wasn't being 100% serious, and what I was talking about was that if I didn't get my bike back from the cops, then i'm going to hunt him down with a large group of bike riders and force it out of him. But as it stands, every time he's spotted by a bike rider at least in San Francisco, he can expect a beat down. Call me a poon or a pussy or whatever for considering a move like that, but I don't give a ****, if it means I get my bike back.

But I got my bike back anyways :/ http://sjbmx.com/2010/03/09/lame-pt-iii-2/

God you guys are trolling hard.

Don't listen to these fools, Sinkoman. They obviously know nothing of the art of war. If you're a rogue, then play your role. They expect you to tank this guy. *Hurp de durp - White Knights here DURP DURP*

Pride is not only a worthless emotion, it's actually detrimental. Save the pride for the lions.

It doesn't matter who was honorable, or brave, or valiant, or whatever the ****, it only matters who wins.

Oh, booo hoo, the insurgents are fighting dirty. Using civilians as shields, wearing our uniforms, blah blah wahhhh.

That's only something to cry about and use as an excuse for loosing.

Let me remind you we are god damn Americans. You know - a bunch of rag-tag colonists fought like the Indians to fend of the might of the British Empire.

Take 15 of his mother****ing peers to his house and let him know he's been outcasted and ostracized. Tell him to give you your ****ing bike or else. You won't even have to risk anything.

**** yeah sinko!

you still need to bitch slap him when you see him next though.

Started losing me here...

Then I guess you've got a lot to learn.
Hawaii Taylor’s bike has been recovered by none other than Dale Ollison, who swooped on it when criminal mastermind Evan Lomax walked into Dale’s place of work, Bay Area Bikes, to get a flat fixed on the stolen bike. Apparently Evan doesn’t use the internet, because the only change to the bike was a poorly performed sticker removal, and he was wearing the same hat that he had on in his TCU mugshot. Case closed.
Haha, that's awesome.

Then I guess you've got a lot to learn.

Well I mean, using civilians as shields IS pretty ****ed up....

But I agree, that this wasn't about being a proud and honorable member of my famiry, it's about getting my shit back.

I swear to god though, it's because you guys don't ride bmx, so you just get it. It's like an unspoken BMX code, you don't ****ing steal bikes. Ever. I mean, of course it's the law that you don't steal bikes, but when another BMXer steals a bike, ESPECIALLY another BMXers bike, it's a big ****ing deal, because not only did somebody just betray that unspoken trust code, but they went far enough to steal from another bike rider.

This isn't some kid stealing a pencil or something, it's another bike rider doing something that all bike riders are absolutely disgusted by.

I swear to god though, it's because you guys don't ride bmx, so you just get it. It's like an unspoken BMX code, you don't ****ing steal bikes.
...are you for fucking real?

"You guys just don't GET it, man. If you're a member of a community and someone within that community steals your shit, that's breaking an UNSPOKEN CODE. I mean, when someone betrays your trust and steals your shit, he's like, betraying your trust and stealing your shit! You guys would never understand that because you don't do tricks on your bikes on the wharf. But I know how it is, because I've been part of this group for three months doing tricks by the clocktower, so I know the code."

Jesus goddamn christ. I think most people in here have been pretty sympathetic, but you're coming off as more and more of a patronizing twat.

...are you for fucking real?

"You guys just don't GET it, man. If you're a member of a community and someone within that community steals your shit, that's breaking an UNSPOKEN CODE. I mean, when someone betrays your trust and steals your shit, he's like, betraying your trust and stealing your shit! You guys would never understand that because you don't do tricks on your bikes on the wharf. But I know how it is, because I've been part of this group for three months doing tricks by the clocktower, so I know the code."

Are YOU for ****ing real? The only thing I meant by that comment was that I, and lots of other people who ride, get really attached to their bikes, so it's insanely taboo for a rider to steal a riders bike. It'd be the same as if a surfer was to steal another surfers board, or a dirtbiker stole another dirtbikers motorcycle. I'm not saying that me and my friends are the only people who feel a communal sense of trust, which seems to be what you're getting at.

I'm just saying that maybe if you felt as passionate about your bike as I do, then maybe you'd see why I don't really care about honor and integrity, and that I just want my god damned bike back. Now, i'm not too sure where you got your interpretation from, but I assume it was your ass.

And I don't see how that last bit about me riding at the clocktower is relevant at all. You're making way more assumptions here than you're "honorably" entitled to. This is just a straight up attack with no actual argumentative warrant. On top of that, i've been riding for at least a few years before I moved to San Francisco. It would have been the same shit back home. You're trying way too hard to twist my words here, and it makes you look like an asshole.

Jesus goddamn christ. I think most people in here have been pretty sympathetic, but you're coming off as more and more of a patronizing twat.

You sound like a giant pussy, i'm really sorry but you do. You're making such a simple disagreement out to be way more epic than it is.

I didn't come here feinding for sympathy. You could argue for attention, for sure, but I didn't come here looking for a pity party in comment form, so I really couldn't care less if anybody here is sympathetic. Well, that last bit isn't entirely true, otherwise I wouldn't be replying to you, but you get what I mean.

And I fail to see how i'm coming across as a patronizing twat. How have I offended or patronized you in any way at all? You're just upset because I don't care to be honorable or respectable in this sort of a situation. Or at least that's why I assume you're upset, because i'm really pretty clueless here as to why you're being such a dick.

In short, troll harder.

EDIT: Here's a comment I found on TCUB that basically sums up what i've BEEN trying to say.

you know how many times ive let someone else ride my bike? and times ive ridden someone else's rig? its a law of bmx, you just gotta do it and have the trust that someone will not jack it. this guy broke that code and needs a shithammer dropped on his balls

I'm asking if you're for real because you're saying, "You guys don't understand that it's taboo for someone in the BMX scene to steal someone else's bike." GASP! So a group of people...who ride bikes...look down upon people who steal bikes?! NO WAY!

You're being patronizing because you started this thread and everyone thus far--with the exception of one or two people who've pointed the blame finger at you--have been pretty supportive and well-wishing of you. Lots of people have been like, "That sucks, hope you get your bike back" and saying encouraging things. And you're just like, "Nobody understands how I feel, or the unspoken codes of my SEEKRIT BMX SUHSIETY."

People have this thing called empathy that allows them to understand another person's position even if they haven't experienced the exact same thing. Even the smallest child can imagine what it's like to have something they love taken from them.

On top of that telling people, "You can't understand," well shit, it's not like that scenario only applies to bikes. For example, everyone here's a gamer, I'm sure we all know if you go to a LAN it's an unspoken rule about ganking someone else's comp. And it's not like other people outside of that can't understand. You make it sound like this big complex thing BECAUSE YOU'RE A BMXer (or whatever the term for them is) AND ONLY YOU AND OTHER BIKE RIDERS CAN UNDERSTAND.

If you're going to act like that in a thread where the vast majority of people have been saying they hope you get your bike back and generally offering verbal support, you sure are being a dick. If you don't think anyone understands your situation, why even bother to make a thread? OBVIOUSLY everyone here is too vacuous to know the depths of your sorrow, and shit.

Also I don't know what you keep saying about honor. I never said the word "honor" in any of my posts. I was just saying you should handle your business by yourself like a man, not as a group. But whatever. Do what you please. In all honesty though, just to throw my two cents in, you'd be real stupid to start shit since that guy will know who YOU are and can file a police report on you. Just because someone steals your stuff doesn't give you a free pass to beat the shit out of them. Something to think about, because the charges for assault are worse than the charges for grand theft.

I'm asking if you're for real because you're saying, "You guys don't understand that it's taboo for someone in the BMX scene to steal someone else's bike." GASP! So a group of people...who ride bikes...look down upon people who steal bikes?! NO WAY!

You're being patronizing because you started this thread and everyone thus far--with the exception of one or two people who've pointed the blame finger at you--have been pretty supportive and well-wishing of you. Lots of people have been like, "That sucks, hope you get your bike back" and saying encouraging things. And you're just like, "Nobody understands how I feel, or the unspoken codes of my SEEKRIT BMX SUHSIETY."

So far the only people i've told "you don't understand", or been all "superscrtbikrdrs" too are the people who were being total assholes and well, didn't seem to understand. None of those comments were directed towards everybody in the thread, but only towards the few that actually tried to tell me I was in the wrong. I don't know where you got this whole "victim" image from.

People have this thing called empathy that allows them to understand another person's position even if they haven't experienced the exact same thing. Even the smallest child can imagine what it's like to have something they love taken from them.

And like I said, I was only being a cock to the people who failed to display any sort of empathy.

On top of that telling people, "You can't understand," well shit, it's not like that scenario only applies to bikes. For example, everyone here's a gamer, I'm sure we all know if you go to a LAN it's an unspoken rule about ganking someone else's comp. And it's not like other people outside of that can't understand. You make it sound like this big complex thing BECAUSE YOU'RE A BMXer (or whatever the term for them is) AND ONLY YOU AND OTHER BIKE RIDERS CAN UNDERSTAND.

I never said "you can't understand", but rather, "you DON'T understand", because these people came across as lacking in... Understanding.

Also I don't know what you keep saying about honor. I never said the word "honor" in any of my posts. I was just saying you should handle your business by yourself like a man, not as a group. But whatever. Do what you please. In all honesty though, just to throw my two cents in, you'd be real stupid to start shit since that guy will know who YOU are and can file a police report on you. Just because someone steals your stuff doesn't give you a free pass to beat the shit out of them. Something to think about, because the charges for assault are worse than the charges for grand theft.

No, you didn't, but you're talking about being a man and handling this situation on my own as if I have some sort of notion of honor or pride I need to uphold here.

And again, I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand this, but all of those comments about wailing on his ass with a large group of people were spoken solely in regard to getting my bike back. Now that I have it back I don't care to chase his ass down.

Look at it from my perspective. I have seen this guy around the way, and I definitely don't think I could take him 1 on 1 in a straight fight for my property. I'm confident that I could hold my own and come out level with him in a fight, but there's no way i'm putting the major beat down on him, which would probably be necessary to get my bike back. Now if the police were to fail me, do you think this means I should lay down and accept that i'm not "man enough" to get my property back? If so, then you're sorely mistaken. If 15 people is what it takes to get my bike back, then 15 people are going to help me get my bike back.

To add to that, this guy is cutty as ****. For all I know if I were to roll up to his place on my own, I would get jumped by all of his homies. All of the adresses I have that lead back to him are in really shitty parts of Oakland too, save for one in Daly City, so I have no reason to think this isn't possible if not probable.

So far the only people i've told "you don't understand", or been all "superscrtbikrdrs" too are the people who were being total assholes and well, didn't seem to understand. None of those comments were directed towards everybody in the thread, but only towards the few that actually tried to tell me I was in the wrong. I don't know where you got this whole "victim" image from.
I guess that's my misunderstanding then, 'cause the post where you were saying "you guys don't understand" came right after a few posts that were like "**** yeah Sinko!" and Virus talking about how awesome it was they tracked the guy down. And then I read your post following it and I was like, "The fuck?"

It just rubbed me the wrong way, that's why I got "victim"-y about it. I didn't know who you were addressing, and it seemed like such a general statement. I thought you were addressing the entire thread. My apologies then.

Also, it was just kind of silly to be saying, "People who ride bikes have an unspoken rule about people stealing their bikes." :p

No, you didn't, but you're talking about being a man and handling this situation on my own as if I have some sort of notion of honor or pride I need to uphold here.
Well, that's just how I feel. Won't make apologies for that one; sorry, it's just I hate that whole "you fight one bean you get the whole burrito" mentality. You can say that's "honor" or "pride" or what have you. I've never really seen it that way.

I'm confident that I could hold my own and come out level with him in a fight, but there's no way i'm putting the major beat down on him, which would probably be necessary to get my bike back. Now if the police were to fail me, do you think this means I should lay down and accept that i'm not "man enough" to get my property back? If so, then you're sorely mistaken. If 15 people is what it takes to get my bike back, then 15 people are going to help me get my bike back.
Hmm. Yeah, I can understand that. That's different from how you first made it sound, though. Saying, "WHEN I decide to put the beat down on this kid (not IF, but WHEN), i'm rolling up like 15 heads deep" made it sound like even after you got the bike back you were going to take it to this guy and kick his shit in with you and all your buddies. The way that sounded, sounded like a bitch thing to do.

To add to that, this guy is cutty as ****. For all I know if I were to roll up to his place on my own, I would get jumped by all of his homies. All of the adresses I have that lead back to him are in really shitty parts of Oakland too, save for one in Daly City, so I have no reason to think this isn't possible if not probable.
You could always look up Vietnam Tom to help you out. :LOL:

Glad you got your bike back!

Would like to hear more about how your bike was retrieved. How did Evan act, did he leg it etc.

I know this guy with a tattoo on his bicep, it says "Leg it" with a 2004esque Olympic stick figure sprinting above it.

He's such a hood rat LOL

And like I said, I was only being a cock to the people who failed to display any sort of empathy.

These are the worst kinds of people, but they're so prevalent that it's almost to be expected.

The "Feel Bad About This Or I Hate You" people. There are far more important things for me to empathize with than a bike being stolen.

Guys lay the **** off sinkoman it's getting ridiculous, he hasn't been teh ghey at all here, you are all just trolling.

This is going to get locked if I see another turd fly across the forum. I'm more interested to hear the story of how you got the bike back in a bit more detail.

Then we'll delete the thread

oh man that bring back memory of when my sirus sat radio was stolen by my room mate

Hmm. Yeah, I can understand that. That's different from how you first made it sound, though. Saying, "WHEN I decide to put the beat down on this kid (not IF, but WHEN), i'm rolling up like 15 heads deep" made it sound like even after you got the bike back you were going to take it to this guy and kick his shit in with you and all your buddies. The way that sounded, sounded like a bitch thing to do.

I'll be 100% honest with you, when I made that post I was still pretty ****ing pissed, and was definitely considering the prospect of beating the piss out of him even after I got my bike back. However, that's definitely not what I was trying to say with that post.

This is going to get locked if I see another turd fly across the forum. I'm more interested to hear the story of how you got the bike back in a bit more detail.

Then we'll delete the thread

Apparently he walked into the shop and asked if he could borrow some tools to fix a flat. The guy that was helping him, Dale, apparently cut out to the back for a few minutes to check to make sure it was the stolen bike, and to call up some back up.

I guess he went back out and told the kid "Where'd you get this bike at?", to which he replied "I found it down by the lake..."

They told him "Naw, you stole this bike man", and then he started saying "No I swear I found it by the lake and i'm about to return it to him right now, the guy is my friend".

Then they told him "nope you're not leaving with this bike" and the kid just left :/

You know if he was any smarter, he could've just left with the bike. The bike shop had no authority to hold him there, and if they tried to hold him by force, that's THEIR foul. Glad the guy was stupid though and you got your bike back.

It could've been a different kid who actually found it at the lake, who is simply easily intimidated.

I suggest the shopkeeper do this more often to seemingly innocent people, split the profits!

I'd beat his ass...I haven't been in a real fist fight in years...but it would be worth it...****ing p.o.s stealing my shit...I mean your shit.

You know if he was any smarter, he could've just left with the bike. The bike shop had no authority to hold him there, and if they tried to hold him by force, that's THEIR foul. Glad the guy was stupid though and you got your bike back.

Apparently he actually handed them the bike to look at, because he didn't know what size axle nuts I had on, and they said "we're not handing it back".

And I don't think anything would have popped off even if he had called the cops on the shop workers for taking "his" bike (cough cough). I just imagine the cops rolling up, asking the shop owner what's going on, matching the bike with the one in the police report, and then arresting him for theft.

But yeah the shop owner was saying "yeah man, I would have let the guys put the beat down on him but they're on the clock so there's some legal problems with that..."

Back