My friend just called me and I have to share his story with the internet

Darkside55

The Freeman
Reaction score
Wow, I just got one of the best phone calls.

So, some of you might recall I posted recently about how my friend and I started dressing in 80's style and pretending we are in a band. Well, as I'm sitting here posting on HL2.net said friend calls me up just now.

"Hello?" I say.

"Heyyyy, what are you doing right now?" He usually asks me this if he wants to hang out. I just got done being out all weekend (I'm out almost every weekend doing something), and I'm tired.

"Uh, nothing right now, but I don't want to--"

"I JUST GOT KICKED OUT OF A MANSION."

"...What?"

"Yeah dude! *unintelligible gibberish*"

"Ok wait, what mansion?"

"Huh? I can't hear you because of all the cars going by; you hear 'em? I'm on the road. I don't know where I am."

"What mansion?"

"Ok, so I met up with this chick while ghost hunting." The term 'ghost hunting' is literal; my friend believes in ghosts, and he hooked up with some other idiot that I don't know who has been getting him and another friend to go out to stupid places that would never be haunted even if such a thing were possible, like parks and shit. Most of us friends think it's retarded, but apparently it paid off, because continuing on: "She came and picked me up and we drove for awhile and went to her house, it's like three football fields of land. And her parents weren't home, so we started having sex on her big leather couch while watching Monk, and her parents came back and they weren't having that, so they threw me out."

"Her parents threw you out?"

"Yeah, big Texan-looking dude. So I'm on the side of the road right now dressed in my blue leopard skin pants, British flag tank top, and rainbow bandana."

"Haha, damn dude I want a Union Jack shirt. That's my favorite flag. You should've told her you were in a band."

"How do you think I got with her in the first place? I went to Youtube at her house and put on some Vesuvius song and told her it was us. And she's coming into town for like three days; we could totally DP that shit. We just need to print out a picture of Sex with the Sorceress," (our first album) "and give her a pamphlet or something."

"Hahaha. So where are you right now? Any civilization? Do you see any signs?"

"No, there's nothing here. There was a house I passed awhile back..."

"You should go back and ask for a glass of water, and where the hell you are."

"It's too hot; I'm not walking back in all this heat. There are no signs. I don't know where I am. I think I'm gonna try hitching it."

"Better put down the phone then."

"Ok. Hey, leave your phone on."

"I'll leave it on, but I gotta use the bathroom."

"Alright, I'll call you in a bit. Peace."

So I go and use the bathroom, and right as I'm finishing up I hear a ring. I'm not gonna answer it 'cause I've gotta wash my hands. I'll call him back in a sec. Washing my hands...it rings again. 'Damn, hold on," I think. I rush out to grab it.

"Yo."

"HEY! I'm in Fontana."

"Where the fuck is Fontana?"

"I don't know. But I met this guy, his name's Kurt, he's gonna give me a ride if I buy him some booze. So I'm gonna go to this liquor store and he's gonna give me a ride back in his truck. I'll try to be back in town later today."

"Alright then. You might want to call [I list off some friends who can actually take him home from Modesto to Turlock]; that way you don't have to stop off at my house and make two trips."

"Ok, alright, I gotta go. Peace!"

After we got off the phone I google map'd Fontana, California. HE'S IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. Past LA, near Rancho Cucamonga. How he got that far I don't even know; that's like six hours away from here. He's at least six hours away riding with some dude in a pickup truck back home from getting thrown out of a rich Texan's mansion. Hopefully he doesn't end up raped or in a bathtub full of ice missing a liver.

This is the kind of shit that happens when you're in Snake Medicine.

Can I be a roadie for Snake Medicine? I can tune a mean mandolin.

Sounds like a wild time......kinda like what happens to me every weekend!

Sedako said:
Can I be a roadie for Snake Medicine?

Yeah dude, we need roadies to pass some of the chicks off to. You totally have the band's permission to go around telling women you traveled with Snake Medicine.

"in other news the mutilated body of a young man was found near rancho cucamonga

the victim was wearing a blue leopards pants whit british flag tank top and rainbow bandana which made the officers guest it was a gay male prostitute so it may be a clue to the case

there is no other information avaible and the process of identification has been hard due to the state of the body

we will keep informing you,back to station....."

Well, look out Darkside, because I'll be part of the big bad biker gang that crashes your wild parties like in every 80's movie scenario.

*Grabs beer and takes a sip, throws it on ground for no reason*

Sounds like something that would happen in a Coen Brothers film.

and I will be the eccentric character that helps the good and is just plain strange like doc in back to the future

"sanke medicine? what where you smoking?"

"How do you think I got with her in the first place? I went to Youtube at her house and put on some Vesuvius song and told her it was us. And she's coming into town for like three days; we could totally DP that shit. We just need to print out a picture of Sex with the Sorceress," (our first album) "and give her a pamphlet or something."
I see a recurring theme in your life.

Make sure you save the tapes this time.

It was your friend's ghost, who will now call you every night the same time that he died.

EDIT:

Not the good kind of Ghost either. :<

Wait, wait. Darkside, you live in Earthworm Jim town?!

it's odd he didn't mention the fact that he either walked into a wormhole or he was traveling for hours before reaching this girl's house.

Holy shit. I never even knew we lived in the same city. Other people really live in this shithole?

BTW, can I join your 80's band? I can be the fat guy with the huge mustache that plays the drums...

*edit*

*flips wrist*

Wanna like, hang out some time?

Can I be your bass player? I promise not to die.

And I'll be the guy they use to act as your double when you die and they cover it up.

Hay guise, I was just riding down the road in my truck and I found this guy hitch-hiking. Anyway long story short; wanna buy a liver?

I had a friend who used to go out drinking in Buffalo early on a Friday morning, do so much drugs and shit and wake up on Monday in California with no money and he said it happened to him wayyy to many times. he was cracked out of his mind every week

So, I just got back from hanging out with said bandmate. He showed up to my house with another friend in tow, both decked out in 80s rock style. Nothing much of interest happened on the trip, apparently...but since they showed up to my house all glam-rock'd out I got dressed, and we hit the town. Got some photographs taken and some groupies.

Also yeah, Top Secret, I knew you lived in Modesto too. I just recently moved back here only two or three months ago. We should hang out sometime; we'll hold a band tryout for you. But I'm already the drummer. We've got a front man, a bassist, and a drummer; need a lead guitarist, someone on keyboard...maybe some disgruntled former members who talk shit, move to the UK, and do unsuccessful solo projects.

Speaking of hanging out, Lefty, we need to hang out too. And Acepilot needs to get his life together and move up here.

I'll be your personal doctor. Free painkillers!

So sometimes I get annoyed at Darkseid for being all pissy about vidjeogames and /b/ and whatever the hell it is he's got his panties in a tightwad about today, but for this kinda stuff... man. Darkseid, you are a legendary storyteller.

So, I just got back from hanging out with said bandmate. He showed up to my house with another friend in tow, both decked out in 80s rock style. Nothing much of interest happened on the trip, apparently...but since they showed up to my house all glam-rock'd out I got dressed, and we hit the town. Got some photographs taken and some groupies.

Also yeah, Top Secret, I knew you lived in Modesto too. I just recently moved back here only two or three months ago. We should hang out sometime; we'll hold a band tryout for you. But I'm already the drummer. We've got a front man, a bassist, and a drummer; need a lead guitarist, someone on keyboard...maybe some disgruntled former members who talk shit, move to the UK, and do unsuccessful solo projects.

Speaking of hanging out, Lefty, we need to hang out too. And Acepilot needs to get his life together and move up here.

North Cali sucks.

Hmm. I've got a (modern) seven string guitar. I suppose I could take the bass string off and move the others up, and have a smaller one on the bottom for wicked solo's.

BTW, I claim the mustache. :hmph:

hell yeah we do. ****, I need to find four fifty for BART
I still can't believe you guys haven't met up yet. Then again, now I come to think of it, there seem to be several hl2.netters in Brighton who I've never seen. But Angry Lawyer has a job there now!

I'm from El Cerrito/ Richmond, by Oakland if you don't know where that is. Other side of the bay than SF

I live down south in the Glendora/San Dimas area, just east of LA.

It's better here.

Except now there's a fire.

Back