Navy SEALS or British SAS?

Adrien C said:
I would say that SAS is good but not really the best at Counter Terrorism. Just read about Iranian Embassy Siege they fuked up quite bad. SAS and Seals are the best for behind enemmy lines interventions. For Counter Terrorism my vote goes to the French GIGN, all their interventions have been successfull, they all rund under 5 minutes and they have never killed any hostages. They allways injur ther bad guys, the only ones they kill is when they get the order that nobody survives, just like in some plane they took in paris.

I thought in the Iranian embassy, they got all the hostages out?

Adrien C said:
I would say that SAS is good but not really the best at Counter Terrorism. Just read about Iranian Embassy Siege they fuked up quite bad. SAS and Seals are the best for behind enemmy lines interventions. For Counter Terrorism my vote goes to the French GIGN, all their interventions have been successfull, they all rund under 5 minutes and they have never killed any hostages. They allways injur ther bad guys, the only ones they kill is when they get the order that nobody survives, just like in some plane they took in paris.
Suprise suprise, another person votes for their countries counter terrorism team.

JIB (Jock International Beaters) get my vote, effing badasses. Whipped 32 terrorists to death with thistles, saved 10 (or maybe 9) haggis hostages and prevented an Irn Bru tanker from being taken over.

JIB Agent

Foxtrot said:
Suprise suprise, another person votes for their countries counter terrorism team.

I didn't fully vote for mine and I at least gave some valid points.

And no, some were killed during the embasy, and one SAS would have been killed if a hostage didn't takle a Terrorist, the hostage won a medale.

1 hostage was killed during the SAS operation.

if it's anti-terrorism then no one is quite as seasoned as the Mossad

Yea...the Israeli's has everyone beat when it comes to anti/counter-terrorism.

Tr0n said:
Yea...the Israeli's has everyone beat when it comes to anti/counter-terrorism.
Pff, you can't trick me, I played SC:pT and I know Sam Fisher pwns Mossad.

Nazis captured by sam fisher = 0

Nazis captured by Mossad = over 1000 including Adolf Eichmann

CptStern said:

Amount of ass kicked by Sam = ****ing extreme
Amount of ass kicked by Mossad = Not quite extreme

CptStern said:

Wow, what a good comparison. Here's one just as valid for your reading pleasure:

Number of potato chips eaten by me: 12
Number of potato chips eaten by a submarine: none

Foxtrot said:
Amount of ass kicked by Sam = ****ing extreme
Amount of ass kicked by Mossad = Not quite extreme
Amount of fiction in Sam = 100%
Amount of fiction in Mossad = 0%
;)
Honestly, I think the SEALS can absolutely knock the socks off anything.

Come on the British are the best trained... the royal marines - "99.9% need not apply" coz these are the hardest people, and some of these will go into the SAS.

and we also dont attack our own allies!!

crushenator 500 said:
Ghurkas FTW!!

They're under british command btw ;)

Lol, the Ghurkas are absolutely crazy from the stories i've heard about them.

big_king_frosty said:
Come on the British are the best trained... the royal marines - "99.9% need not apply" coz these are the hardest people, and some of these will go into the SAS.

and we also dont attack our own allies!!
Yes you do.

I have to go with Navy Seals, just cus im an american
but i have to say those brits to kick some major ass........
cheers to all the brits!!!!!!
and might i ask what happened to Munr0?
was he banned or sumthing?

halflifeguy said:
I have to go with Navy Seals, just cus im an american
but i have to say those brits to kick some major ass........
cheers to all the brits!!!!!!
and might i ask what happened to Munr0?
was he banned or sumthing?

Short Recoil got pissed off at being banned, hunted him down for sport and killed him in a Battle Royale type match using a wooden spoon and a large dishwasher.

Short Recoil was a bit of a legend. I once saw him kill an entire family of bloodthirsty vampires armed only with a toothpick. And he managed to stop a nuclear bomb going off by crushing the explosion in the palms of his huge hands.

SAS? Pfft. Navy Seals? Yeah right?

Short Recoil? Now there's a win condition right there.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Short Recoil was a bit of a legend. I once saw him kill an entire family of bloodthirsty vampires armed only with a toothpick. And he managed to stop a nuclear bomb going off by crushing the explosion in the palms of his huge hands.

SAS? Pfft. Navy Seals? Yeah right?

Short Recoil? Now there's a win condition right there.

-Angry Lawyer
McGyver could kick his ass.

Haha yeah sure, that's why I keep saying Europe needs a common army, at least an antiterrorism team that takes major cases like that one.

Adrien C said:
Haha yeah sure, that's why I keep saying Europe needs a common army, at least an antiterrorism team that takes major cases like that one.
Team Rainbow!

Short Recoil = teh win of everything. No, really. The SAS were a threat, so he eliminated them. Takes everything in his stride that lad.

Foxtrot said:
Team Rainbow!

Team Rainbow and other exciting childrens stories!

I wish Short Recoil would come back, he truly is on the tablet of legends.

Bah. Screw SEALS and SAS.... a ninja would flip out and cut of all of their heads. Then he would wail on his guitar!!! Ninjas ftw!

Ask a question the answer to which its likely nobody here has the answer. Good post.

i have the answer.. the sas helped train americas best during the war. i also watched sas "trying" to help american troops train about 6 years ago, the sas were unsurprisingly twice as fast as american troops and used 70% less ammo.

Has anyone in this entire forum ever served on either team? Heck, have any of you ever actually served in the military? Civilians know the real military like squirrels know what its like to be on the moon.

Besdies, if a time ever comes where we have to find out which side is better then you know the proverbial shit has hit the fan. I would hate to see the day when there is war between the UK and the US.

Ahaha, you guys think the SEALS are the best the US have? Haha.

Try the DEVGRU. Doubt most of you have heard of them.

Top Secret said:
Ahaha, you guys think the SEALS are the best the US have? Haha.

Try the DEVGRU. Doubt most of you have heard of them.

Naval Special Warfare Development Group

DEVGRU is thought to consist of around 400 operators and support personnel, divided into four combat teams and one training team.

Back