"New Campaigns"

Do a level based on a huge spaceship adrift, or some colony.

Or do one based off of the posidon adventure but with zombo's!.

Or an Isolated Alaskan town in winter.

**** it, just rip off every survival horror movie ever created.

Zoo/Jungle and Amusement Park/Carnival based campaigns would all be good candidates for future content updates. They could add new enemies or reskin/remodel the current ones depending on their environment.
For Example: Tank=Mutated Gorilla,Boomer=Bearded Lady etc.
You could have all kinds of mutated Circus Freaks and Animals on these new campaigns. Not to mention the Haunted Houses that would make you even more jumpy.

morbid manner - kinda reminds me of sven co-op resident evil map

Red Russia

Better dead, then red.

The survivors have escaped to Eastern Europe, to Russia. Their saviors, though, crashed in the middle of a forest. A nearby village houses a survivor base, they must get there.

The Forest
The survivors make their way through a quiet forest, and make a small standoff at a Lumberyard, when a member of the group accidentally activates an alarm.

The Sawmill
The group go trough a sawmill full with zombies.

The River
The Survivors have almost arrived in the village, only a small trek by the river is all what is left.A standoff is on a ferry, that transports them to the other side of the river.

The Village
The village has been overrun, it's full of both civilian and military zombies. A radio call, though, signalizes, that a helicopter can pick them up from a nearby 5-story building roof.

Apartment Finale
The Survivors make their final stand in the apartments, and the helicopter picks the up from the roof.

Red Russia

Better dead, then red.

The survivors have escaped to Eastern Europe, to Russia. Their saviors, though, crashed in the middle of a forest. A nearby village houses a survivor base, they must get there.

The Forest
The survivors make their way through a quiet forest, and make a small standoff at a Lumberyard, when a member of the group accidentally activates an alarm.

The Sawmill
The group go trough a sawmill full with zombies.

The River
The Survivors have almost arrived in the village, only a small trek by the river is all what is left.A standoff is on a ferry, that transports them to the other side of the river.

The Village
The village has been overrun, it's full of both civilian and military zombies. A radio call, though, signalizes, that a helicopter can pick them up from a nearby 5-story building roof.

Apartment Finale
The Survivors make their final stand in the apartments, and the helicopter picks the up from the roof.

I'd definatelly want to play that but I haven't even got L4D yet :(.

I know VALVe wouldn't do this, because it's political but I'd like to see a campaign based in Baghdad.

A campaign set in Venice would be omgwtfbbqawesome.

I'd like one on a plane.

Yes, there are many flaws.

Something involving a abandoned prison would be pretty sweet. All the cell doors are open which make great hiding spots for infected. Also, must be room with an electric chair with a infected strapped into it, and you can pull the switch just for laughs and watch it fry.

What about a deep mine level, where there are a few sections that just a horde or Boomer can make enough rumbling to sound like a Tank, and by the time the survivors get used to this is the time real Tanks start coming. But about the actual level, how about you start out at a wreck of a helicopter (mostly to leave players to assume it was the helicopter from "No Mercy" Yeah, your not out of this Zombie hellhole yet, you lucky 4...)Also you don't start out with full health because of the crash.

Murderous Mines

The Short-Lived Victory: Anyway, thanks to a radio which managed to stay intact, you are told there's a nearby mine that MIGHT lead close enough to an abandoned subway to perhaps break through a wall with some spare explosives lying around. So of course the first level would be you trying to make it too the mine, starting out in the city for about 3 minutes before exitting to the outskirts. When you finally make it there, right outside the mine entrance which is unaccessable for some reason (couldn't think of a good one) and instead you'd have to go into a small shack which would be the first safehouse.

The Mines: After loading up, your ready to head into the mines, of course lacking many still-functioning lights. As you'd expect, it'd just be a long sequence of tunnels, every so often you hear some rumbling or roaring of a Tank, but when you turn to look it's just a Horde and some other Zombie bosses who've come to kick your ass. Just for fun how about a room where the lights go out, and when they come back on theres a Boomer in front of you which, if startled enough, could cause the survivors to shoot it and get swarmed by horde from the explosion. Finally you reach the next part:

The Carts: Short for 'Mine Carts' of course, as you would expect, you reach a point where you have a choice of walking on, or taking some old mine-carts. However just to make your choice a little harder, only two people can take the carts, since there are only two carts themselves, and when in them, you can only use your pistols. If you do decide to take a ride, you wont have to worry about much since Common Zombies can't catch you, but Hunters will be running at your carts head on, and there will be a few hidden Smokers who will pull you right out. To help the cart riders, the Survivors who can't normally run as fast as the carts will be able to take a few shortcuts and also pick up some conveniently placed Sniper Rifles to help pick off targets attacking their teammates, that is if they can get a quick break from Commoner attacks. This will be the first one that ends with a Tank attacking you, ideally chasing the carts, not to say he wont attack those walking if they piss him off. The safehouse will be almost entirely encased with rock and boulders, but a small hole on the bottom will be accessable which you'll have to crouch through (that means single file), and then cover up with a vent found within the safehouse.

The Bomb Finale: After leaving the safehouse you have to make your way through a few more tunnels which are suprisingly void of anything (no horde, no tanks, no boomers, no witches, no nothing) And this continues on until you finally reach a large circular room with no seeable ceiling. From what you can see there's no exit, and then your radio pipes up saying that unfortunately, they were wrong about the exit, and you will indeed need to bomb your way through. They tell you there should be a lever that'll cause a bomb to decend from up above, which of course will take about 2 eternitys. After loading up with some local weaponry and pulling the lever, boomer bile will rain down from above covering everybody (no avoiding it... unless your dead...), and if you didn't notice that, you probably wont notice the boomer trying to bomb you from above with his fat ass which i highly reccommend shooting before it reaches you. Then of course it's a battle against a shit load of horde along with the occasional Hunter or Smoker, waiting for the bomb to arrive. Once it reaches a level that you can actually touch it, you'll be able to roll it over to a wall marked with an X, and set a 1:00 minute timer, during which a Tank will appear and attempt to kick your ass, but he'll run if the cart reaches 0:05 and either all of you or him aren't dead.

Finally if you've survived all of this, your team enters an abandoned subway through a hole in the wall you've created above some train tracks. All you have to do is get your team onto a train that suprisingly is still working and your off.

Barrow, Alaska. or simply some Arctic small town. (Barrow is one of the most northern cities in the world, deep into the arctic circle, and during the winter, it gets two months of complete darkness and huge blizzaards, the same town in 30 Day of Night)

Frozen Hell

Outskirts
You start off at the outside of the town, where it appears desolate and snowy. A snow-plow is crashed into a wall of ice so you know thats where you came from. You just make your way down the highway which enters the town entrance.

Town
You enter the town which at first is mainly houses. You go through quite a few houses and then in order to continue you have to cut through this warehouse which is blocked by ice. You have to activate this snow-plow that would run right through it, creating a path. That would bring many zombies. You go through that, and end up back outside of the town and entering this power-plant that supplies the city with power.

Power Plant
This is a rather large facility that supplies the town with power. As you get towards the end of it, you have to activate this switch that opens a door and lights up the street lights in the next part of town. Zombies invade. You go out shortly after and more zombies would come because the lights just turned on...You enter this large metal bus and thats the safehouse.

Town II
You exit the bus and are back in the town. You cut through a small police-station or 'sheriffs offices' and go by some more houses. Then you go through a grocery store. You come out and go through some more houses then a safehouse. The crescendo would be a crane picking a car thats in the way.

Oil Tanker
You end up in the northern part of the town which is on the arctic ocean. A large oil tanker is frozen in the frozen ocean. You board it and make your way through the bow and into the bridge, which is where you drop ancors on all sides which would soften the ice stuck to the ship and allow it to move trhough. This would be the finale, on the deck of the ship. After words you see the ship slowly start to head out through the ocean and break the ice in its path...

Is that not cool or what?:cool:

Something involving a abandoned prison would be pretty sweet. All the cell doors are open which make great hiding spots for infected. Also, must be room with an electric chair with a infected strapped into it, and you can pull the switch just for laughs and watch it fry.

haha very good idea

Anyone else bored with the current 4 campaigns yet? I'm not trying to be a negative asshole but, I'm bored already. Plus all these other campaign ideas really got me excited.

Shinra give me your god damn SteamID so i can friend you.

Anyone else bored with the current 4 campaigns yet? I'm not trying to be a negative asshole but, I'm bored already. Plus all these other campaign ideas really got me excited.

No, I've barely played two of them. Been enjoying Versus too much.

Guys you're thinking too structured. Basically think about the map and not what happens in it since the AI director designs what happens to the player. Setup options for it to use.

I'd like to see a scenario where you end up going through a cinema, supermarket .ect that'd be pretty cool.

Although i'd like to see more random triggers in newer campains. Like random spawning alarms, power boxes (to turn off the lights if hit) or like mobile phones on the floor ringing randomly .ECT

Just something to build the atmosphere and raise the tension that little bit higher.

What do you think?

They're replayable. Play them again and it will be slightly different. Also, try finding really cool people to play with, because they can really make a game more exciting and unique. Or, do my strategy when i get worn out of a game, stop playing it for a week, then go back to play it and itll be refreshing...

Athens Campaign:

Only weapons are petrol bombs. Only zombie skins are the police.
ROFLOLOL

Although l4D is clearly set in america, and the following will require a fair amount of extra content, ill just spew my hopes and dreams here anyway:

Hell-Date *or* Great Apocalypse Of London *or* Bullet Congestion *or* etc

Residential: Survivors start in a central london urban area, either in a council house, or a block of flats. They see a chopper flying towards the centre, and begin their journey. We've been here before conceptually (wrecked living spaces) but with these council house rows connected by small parks and cramped inner-city roads. A pub for obligatory shaun of the dead references, possibly.

Overpass: Following an overpass towards the centre of london, either on it, under it, or a combination of the two. Numerous cars, trucks and buses on the overpass, burning barrels and waste below it. Underpass wrecked as is deemed appropriate by Director?

City Centre: A struggle through a central commercial area, to reach the areas around the houses of parliament. Double Decker Buses to fight through or hold as objectives. Many large shops, clubs, gyms etc. Perhaps a fortified double decker safehouse at the end.

Houses Of Parliament: Survivors fight into and through the heavily damaged houses of parliament. Police cars and apcs. Politician Zombies to shotgun in the face, with comedy white wigs that fly off some of them in the process. That-Room-That-You-Always-See-On-The-News.

Big Ben: Finale is a fight up to the collapsed tip of Big Ben, and somehow setting off the bell, which strikes midnight and attracts zombies for the crescendo. Survive until chopper rescue.

Goddamn forum ate my post, so I had to type all this twice. Also, as long as someone makes a map with a double decker of some sort in it, i'll be happy.

Estonian-Russian war campaign.

There is 1 survivor.
There are 2 million tanks.

I lol'd. Could say the same for Ireland, amirite? :cheese:

/me runs like a bitch

If it was set during Marching Season maybe ;)
But we'd get full weapon selection and there would be soldier skins too.

Back