New Half Life Community Event

Fatikis

Spy
Reaction score
Valve still has yet to acknowledge us. In light of recent interviews with Gaben it seems like Half Life is looking less and less likely.

I think we need to take action. I know it has never worked in the past, but we need to do something to save our beloved franchise. I know many have frowned on protesting in the past, but I think many of even the old holdouts are starting to come over to our side.

We need to organize a HUGE community event.

We need ideas. I will not post my own ideas in this area of the thread, because I want alternative to what I think. I will post my ideas in separate posts to keep them separate from the idea of a mass "protest" in whole.

(I was the person who thought up Operation Crowbar (obviously with the help and support of many others. Wish I could recall their names to give them cred as the title of the operation was thought up by another.)

I know many frowned on that operation which is why I'm asking for suggestions. We need to make a big but nondestructive or incredibly disruptive impact. I want something that EVERYONE can participate in that forces Valve to acknowledge us.

Valve still has yet to acknowledge us. In light of recent interviews with Gaben it seems like Half Life is looking less and less likely.

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/up...h-more-found-on-valve-project-tracker.243580/

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/va...-more-hl3-l4d3-source-2-groups-expand.243965/

It's coming. Nobody needs to save "our beloved" franchise. Nobody should try and rush Valve to a release or an announcement before they're ready. I'm pretty sure that's far from what anyone wants. Not to mention that nobody is entitled to know anything about Valve's upcoming projects until they feel like discussing them.

The Call for Communication event was fun, but it was worthless as a protest. There is absolutely no need to protest about a game series. Just have some patience and enjoy games as a whole.

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/up...h-more-found-on-valve-project-tracker.243580/

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/va...-more-hl3-l4d3-source-2-groups-expand.243965/

It's coming. Nobody needs to save "our beloved" franchise. Nobody should try and rush Valve to a release or an announcement before they're ready. I'm pretty sure that's far from what anyone wants. Not to mention that nobody is entitled to know anything about Valve's upcoming projects until they feel like discussing them.

The Call for Communication event was fun, but it was worthless as a protest. There is absolutely no need to protest about a game series. Just have some patience and enjoy games as a whole.

Actually it appears HL3 had very little development and L4D3 had an extreme amount of development. Recent announcements by Gaben suggest Valve has abandoned the single player experience and has moved onto multiplayer social content.

No one is trying to rush Valve. That is not the point. We are not entitled to know everything about HL3 development. However at this point I think they do owe us a direct response to whether it is currently being worked on as a priority.

However actually when buying the HL2 Episodes they advertise it as part of a trilogy of episodes and they have not yet lived up to that obligation. Technically speaking they do owe us another episode. The community has been extremely patient. I believe morally Valve owes us some kind of explanation at this point.

The Half Life community made Valve what it is today.

Dota2 players complain about Diretide and get it within a week. We ask if the next Half Life is in development for years and receive no response.

No amount of protests would convince Valve to work on the game, they know what makes them the most $$$ and that isn't HL.

Hats and crates makes them the most money.

Welp, theres always Self-Immolation....anyone? no? okay...

However at this point I think they do owe us a direct response to whether it is currently being worked on as a priority.

I believe morally Valve owes us some kind of explanation at this point.

Valve owes the community nothing. Nobody has pre-ordered Episode 3 or Half-Life 3, so nobody is entitled to anything. That's how private organisations work.

Actually it appears HL3 had very little development and L4D3 had an extreme amount of development.
Half-Life 3 is still in development, and is still trucking along nicely. You should be concerned if there was no listing whatsoever.

Dota2 players complain about Diretide and get it within a week. We ask if the next Half Life is in development for years and receive no response.
There is a pretty substantial difference. Diretide required a few changes to the gamemode's coding. Half-Life 3 is an entirely new experience on a brand new engine.

Am I the only one that finds the use of 'gaben' really irritating now?

Does anyone else find all these threads incredibly painful to read? We have all these half life fandoms(and trolls) doing over analysis of half-life and valve to the point where they obsess over it but if they only read valves organizational structure and their "approach" on game development they would realize that they are or will work on it when there is something to work on. Valve is well aware that forcing the creative process can develop into mediocrity. In a sense when there is potential for there to be a half-life game (for instance a interesting and revolutionary game mechanic that fits half life series) then a half life game will come into existence. That is how valves process appears to work with their shifting employees resources as project resources. That might be the case now or might not be for another few years. If I had any power I would almost be compelled to close this section of the forum until anything tangible from valve or for half-life is released.

Organize a big half life convention, that is something EVERYONE can attend and have fun with, your spirit is high and I admire that, but use it on something like what I said.

Back