New Keyboard! (Steelseries 6G V2)

Just FYI, the purple LED ducky is more pink in color. Still cool though! I love my gay little keyboard!

They actually call it pink on their website but others call it purple. So it's somewhere in between I take it?

tired of using onscreen keyboard.
hah, what? Did your old keyboard crap out? And you were using the onscreen keyboard for longer than like 30 minutes afterwards? I would have bought some shitty $10 keyboard to hold me over while waiting for my good one to come in.

hah, what? Did your old keyboard crap out? And you were using the onscreen keyboard for longer than like 30 minutes afterwards? I would have bought some shitty $10 keyboard to hold me over while waiting for my good one to come in.

I like an extra cramped hand. Nothing like double or triple the repetitive motions to get a good case of carpal tunnel syndrome going.

I spilled water on my keyboard. Killed it like every other keyboard I've ever owned. I don't think any of my keyboards(all microsoft) have died a natural death. I won't be making that mistake with this keyboard.

Bought a Ducky Shine with MX Brown switches and white LEDs. Feels fantastic though it will still take some time to get used to it. Pressing the buttons all the way down is tempting when you've done it for at least ten years. And while avoiding it I sometimes press the key too lightly and miss it completely. The keys make a nice, even satisfying sound that is only loud when you press it all the way down. The lighting is awesome.

The red WASD keys feel a bit larger than the black ones, I guess it's a gamurrr feature. They also don't snap when you put them in place while the black ones do.

Welp just ordered a Ducky DK9008S (White LED Backlit)

Thank you Viper.

Ok, ya'll have got me seriously thinking about these $160+ Ducky keyboards that I haven't heard of before.

I just bought one. Purple led brown switch. tired of using onscreen keyboard.

But damn, that Ducky from Viperidae is sexy!

Bought a Ducky Shine with MX Brown switches and white LEDs.

xPshE.png

Good, good...

Are MX Reds really that bad? I recently bought a board with MX blacks but felt they were far to stiff, just couldn't see myself getting used to them. I really want to try browns but there doesnt seem to be a large varierty of keyboards with them to be found in the uk.

I don't think they're bad, they're just clicky. Some people prefer clickiness, some don't.

Um wat. Edeslash know what you're talking about before you speak.

The reds are totally linear. Blacks are the same but harder to press.

Aww shit sorry I got the reds and blues mixed up.

Got the purple/pink LED brown key Ducky 9800 Shining. Was a bit weird trying typing on but the issue was that I was so used to my old keyboard's positioning of the spacebar, which was a lot shorter and easier to press. I just had to prop up the back of this thing a lot more than the flip out lever things in the back would allow. Easy as hell to type on now.

Sorry to necro, but I know some of you have Ducky Shines. I have a Ducky Shine II and am getting this annoying problem where the backlighting gets odd. Randomly it'll only light-up a number of keys on the third row (i.e "Q, R, Y, O, P, \", etc.). Unfortunately, Ducky is a minority brand so Google isn't helping.

Anybody else run into this? Replugging it in seems to sort out the problem for a little while, but it seems to always come back. I'm thinking defective keyboard, wiring problem, or drivers problem.

I doubt it's a drivers problem, so it must be some sort of wiring defect. That's tough luck. I'm guessing it's too late to return it. The store I got mine from, mechanicalkeyboards.com was really cool about exchanging my board for different cherry switches, but I don't imagine they'd help you here.

Back