New RDR gameplay looks f*cking beautiful

Can't wait for the horribly unoptimized PC port.

I don't really like the graphics in this engine. The shading is too garish. The shadows are too dark. Plus you can tell that its really struggling to run at 30 FPS on the Xbox360 in many of those sequences, which is really a mark of poor programming.

That said, it does look like an interesting take on "GTA in the wild west," though I'm not so sure about that gatling gun.

Starting to look better and better. Lets hope those internal issues they had didn't affect the quality of the game.

At :37, the girl talking sounds like Stephnie Weir from madTV.

That will irritate me every time her character talks. I hate her voice. Also, it looks like the game has framerate problems.

Yeah the framerate looks pretty bad. Probably similar to GTA IV.

Nice timely reply. A RDR PC port will likely never happen at this stage, even if I'd absolutely love it. It's also safe to say that, after the GTA V and Max Payne 3 ports, it would be an extremely good port.

lol after you brought up this thread back I thought they finally announced RDR2 ... xD
The reason I dont think that there will be a current-gen/PC remake of RDR is because RDR was one of the buggiest games I have ever played (played it in 2014 for the first time with all patches), so I guess the code is a mess and its not worth it cleaning that up. Just speculation.

lol after you brought up this thread back I thought they finally announced RDR2 ... xD
The reason I dont think that there will be a current-gen/PC remake of RDR is because RDR was one of the buggiest games I have ever played (played it in 2014 for the first time with all patches), so I guess the code is a mess and its not worth it cleaning that up. Just speculation.
Red Dead Redemption is only really as buggy as any other massive open-world game, and it was actually a lot less so than many of Bethesda's line-up.

That has nothing to do with why it wasn't ported. Plus, a sequel to Redemption would be Red Dead 3, not Read Dead Redemption 2. Red Dead Revolver was the first game in the serious, Redemption was the second.

NEVER EVER

CkN63ns.png

Red Dead Redemption is only really as buggy as any other massive open-world game, and it was actually a lot less so than many of Bethesda's line-up.

That has nothing to do with why it wasn't ported. Plus, a sequel to Redemption would be Red Dead 3, not Read Dead Redemption 2. Red Dead Revolver was the first game in the serious, Redemption was the second.
well I had much more crazy bugs than in any Bethesda game (ok I just played Skyrim actually xD). When I reached half of the campaign, quick travel stopped working for me, it just got stuck on the loading screen so I had to complete the game without quick travel (and yes I googled alot how to fix this). Also a lot of times crazy things happenend like horses started to fly or other things like that. There are videos where horses fly in Skyrim, but to me never happenend, I only had 1 major bug which prevented me from completing a side quest, but keep in mind played skyrim at release and RDR like 4 years after release. RDR is still better than Skyrim though ;)

RDR is close to a perfect game. The only negative being certain missions that involve mindlessly killing 100s of people without a clear reason why.

My perfect games list is as follows: Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Read Dead Redemption, The Last of Us: Left Behind

Last edited:
someone spoiled the ending of RDR to me and I still was shocked when it happenend and I really like how they made the ending and took their time. Many games today rush their endings unfortunately :(

The odd thing about the actual credits-roll-official ending of RDR is it's easy to miss and requires some snooping around. I guess my question to you would be... which ending? The first or second!

ehm both? Thats one ending to me, actually I found the "real" ending immediately after the "unreal" ending, I just thought that cant be it and went to the only place which made sense

On the bright side, I heard the sequel may well be coming to PC. Whether this is standard PC gaming wishful thinking or actually based on something, I do not know.

On the bright side, I heard the sequel may well be coming to PC. Whether this is standard PC gaming wishful thinking or actually based on something, I do not know.

I hope the sequel comes to PC. The first one was great.

I hope to god RDR2 comes to PC. I bought a PS3 just to play RDR.
Buy a PS4 to play Spider-Man, it is unreal that a game can be this good. Oh, and I guess Redemption 2.

Also, if you don't eat babies, you all can buy Red Dead Revolver slightly remastered for PS4. Still gr8 to this day.

Back