Portal 2 Gameplay With New Paint Mechanics

Uh yeah, that's what he was talking about when he said 'indie game'.

I thought he was referring to Tag: The Power of Paint. Either way, they've grabbed up two indie game creations and put them into a popular franchise.

I applaud Valve for not only giving a chance to independent developers--straight out of college, no less--the opportunity to work on a main-stream (and award-winning) game
HE THINKS VALVE DOES IT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE STUDENTS A CHANCE

HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW COMPANIES CAN EXPLOIT PASSION AT LOW, LOW WAGES

I thought he was referring to Tag: The Power of Paint. Either way, they've grabbed up two indie game creations and put them into a popular franchise.

Yes, I was referring to both Narbacular and Tag. Also, I was pointing out that puzzle games are usually underdogs, niche games. And now, look at this!
If you put good ideas, art, care, polish and personality, every genre can be a blockbuster. This is a lesson to be learnt.

Looks great, but I would really like new explosion sounds, as well as the metal impact noises, they're not bad at the moment, but we've been hearing them in every valve game for years >.<

I was hoping the inventory sounds from hl1 "Looking through weapons etc." would stay constant throughout every single game in history.

Just 'cause I like the sound.

"Looking through weapons" sounds like a retarded duck. A little change is welcome now and again.

but we've been hearing them in every valve game for years >.<

I was thinking the same thing. Every Valve game has the same sound assets. I'd like a little change, from time to time.

Finally got around to watching these. Pretty sweet looking. Odd detail I noticed: The Portal Gun is no longer a Gravity Gun. Also I agree that the personality sphere's voice should be a tad more robotic.

Rascist. Er... Is that even the appropriate term? =( Can't robots sound like anything?

The gameplay looks really nice, I just hope the puzzles are more challenging.

Still really skeptical of the story.

There wasn't exactly a mindblowing story to the original.

In puzzle games, story is an extra. I like it when good developers like Valve give personality to games with nice characters and lore, but I played Portal for its puzzles and gameplay.

/thinks people will somehow know he's talking about storytelling when he says 'story'

Back