New Team Fortress 2 Content Scheduled for Mid-April

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Looks like the massive team fortress 2 update is slated to arrive on April 20th, Valve has informed Shacknews. Including the new Goldrush map, unlockable weapons, and Meet the Scout video and other tweaks for the game.

Goldrush will mark the first map in a new game mode called "Payload," which will task the Blue team with herding a mine cart full of explosives toward the Red base. The more players near the cart, the faster it will move, the Red team winning if it prevents Blue from reaching its goal. The map will also be the first to utilize the cinematic physics technology from Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

Folks, mark your calendars.

The new game type sounds interesting. A bit like the old VIP maps but without the VIP. It was always a bit crap playing the VIP.

Interesting. Valve put a date on something... It is kind of believable though. They don't usually date things when they aren't sure if they are going to hit the release date. They learned that from HL2.

Plus, they've usually been on time when they actually hand us a date so I think I might go ahead and believe this.

Oh, and I can't ****ing wait! :D

Also, like Stigmata just said to me on MSN, Goldrush, Achievements, maybe new weapons if we unlock them in time, for one week, and then straight to GTA4 half of us go! :D

ALSO, first to say 420! Hahaha! Let's all toke up and play the new map and achievements!

I was secretly hoping it would be sooner, but good news anyways :)

wonder who's next after the scout

Kick ****ing ass! Cant wait, this is so going to get me back in TF2.

Mid-april my ass, this is valve we're talking about.

Im guessing the prefix of "pl"

ex: pl_goldrush

yay! Meet the Scout! :E

"is slated to arrive the week of April 20"

Not exactly the 20th, but week of the 20th...

"is slated to arrive the week of April 20"

Not exactly the 20th, but week of the 20th...

They cleverly gave themselves some breathing room. Still it's a week after the TF2 comp I've got on the 12th for cash monies which is good. Don't have to learn anything new for that.

April 20th is a Sunday, thus its obviously not coming out then...

Can't wait, hopefully it will come out at the week end, meaning I have plenty of time to watch Meet the Scout, play a good few rounds of pl_goldrush and try to get some medic achievements.

iqimfiqmfweigmwoimb2w39gmsdgmsdklfgmdsiombkom.

Sorry but that is the only way to express my excitement.

Sexual. More excited for the "Meet the Scout" video actually.

I really hope they've thought about one potentially screwy situation that this "medic medic medic" update might cause: way way too many people wanting to play all the time as medics. I mean, with no other class achievements to get, and everyone wanting to try and be the first with the new loadouts, people will be leaving and joining servers just so they can play medic. It will be playtest chaos.

I'm not sure Valve's playtesting philosophy works very well to catch stuff like this, because people in artificial, closely observed environments won't demonstrate the same sort of "individual selfishness leads to collective disaster" behaviors there the way they will on the open internet.

What's wrong with a team of medics? Sure, if I was on a team of medics, I would be pretty pissed but considering that most people that play the game have common sense and know better to not all choose the same class, then I don't see this predicted behaviour lasting to long.

On the other hand, enterprising players will take advantage of the flood of Medics and pick classes and strategies that work well against Medics.

And then the people that are on teams of only medics will get their asses handed to them and cop on.

Back