Nintendo Revolution Controller Announcement Dated at Last!

OCybrManO

Reaction score
http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=9080

SPOnG can finally confirm the date by which the world will be relieved of the constant burden of wondering about what Nintendo’s Revolution controller actually is.

You’ll be pleased to know that a full explanation of Revolution will be made by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during. . .
... and you'll have to click on the article to find out! :LOL:

Oh, and I ran across this from DIGG.COM... which is an awesome site. So, join... and participate... and stuff. Also, don't forget to check out their podcast/vidcast: diggnation.

Oh, you dirty tease.

haaaaaaaaaaaaa bull but meh, woo only 3 weeks...

Yay! I can't wait to see what this controller is like. It'll also be interesting to see what the specs of the Revolution are. And... some games! :D

Roll on Sept. 16th.

If the controller really is as revolutionary and enjoyable as they say, will you honestly care about specs?

I can say that the DS is way more fun than the PSP, yet it has worse graphics and a more revolutionary control method.

I am not believing this yet in fear of being let down...

ZOMG SEPTEMBER 16TH!1

Awesome. I hope for Nintendo's sake that it is actually revolutionary.

The probably attached a roll of toilet paper so that you can play in the shithole

The controller is probably just the touchscreen part of the DS.
I'm glad finally some manufacturor came up with it(if they actually do). Imagine if a game needs extra buttons, the developers simply make them appear on the touchscreen, or contextsensetive buttons, that change shap, you know whne you need to swing you see a swing icon, when you need to nuke you see a redioactive icon. You could also move buttons, to any part of your screen, as it fits you the most.

Ren.182 said:
Roll on Sept. 16th.

*checks calendar*

FRIDAYTON!
:cheers:

Grey Fox said:
The controller is probably just the touchscreen part of the DS.

This isn't going to happen imo. For a start, your fingers would be sliding over a flat surface. You'd have no indication of where the 'buttons' are without looking down, or any way of telling if you've pressed them. That would be very un-Nintendo!
Secondly, normal touchscreen technology (seen on DS) can only register one point of 'touch' at a time. So only one button could be pressed at any moment.

And I don't think it would be of any real use either. An average game needs only a few inputs, which can be comfortably fitted under your thumb. That will inevitably take the shape of A, B, X, Y, which is what we already have. A human thumb can only move in so many ways after all!

I'm betting the house on motion-sensors.

maybe its clay, and you can mold it to suite your needs...

:imu:

It will inevitably turn out to be simple and economical.

Which will be pretty funny.
Ever since that Nintendo bigwig said "what controller could play NES, SNES and N64 games??", everyones been talking about 'build-j00r-0wn-c0ntrol4r!!' airfix kits :D

It's either lies or it'll be delayed.

*assumes the worst*

Damn you Nintendo, always breaking my heart. :(

Its probably going to be something deceptively simple that will make everyone hate Nintendo until it comes out and turns to be ridiculously fun and clever.

The possiblities if it was clay....

Maybe... ummm.... it'll be like, well, you know. Right?

There's no way it will live up to the hype - even neural implants wouldn't satisfy the screaming hordes :)

I think Direwolf has it right - it'll be simple, fun, and do the job.

man im just excited to fight bowser again. maybe a decent zelda game since oot?! gamecube was a real dissapointment. well it was made only to compete with xbox and ps2, but.....

Aye, everyone is pretending it's like the second coming of Jesus or something :p

I'm sure it will be cool and such... I need to experience it though, to truly judge it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy it based on what controller it uses. Why dont they show us some screenshots.

gh0st said:
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy it based on what controller it uses. Why dont they show us some screenshots.

Because they are saving the game shots for the unveiling duh ;)

I bet it'll be just like the gamecube controller and they'll say "yeah we were just ****ing with you guys the whole time."

Iced_Eagle said:
Because they are saving the game shots for the unveiling duh ;)
well those had better be pretty ****ing revolutionary because i havent seen anything interesting at all from the revolution. and i doubt they are, was it admitted by nintendo that it lacked the horsepower of the 360 and ps3?

Yeah. They said something about games no longer being about processing power.

I bet it'll be just like the gamecube controller and they'll say "yeah we were just ****ing with you guys the whole time."
No they will announce something revolutionary, give amazing graphics and everything that make the xbox 360 look like shit.
Then it will have a date sometime in April 2007.
And on April 1st 2007 they will say,
"Revolution is in stores"
on april 2nd they will say,
"HAHA APRIL FOOLS ****S, WE GOT YOU GOOD!! PWNED. WE HAVN'T EVEN STARTED ON REVOLUTION HAHAHA. n00bs."

A touch screen on the controller would be awesome, but replaceable buttons on the controller, or little LEDs like the Art Lebedev keyboard would've been cooler...

It can't be an Airfix kit! It's got to be accessible to non-gamers, remember? Giving them a controller in 15 seperate pieces would scare them off.

Also, I gave some pretty good reasons why it won't be a touchscreen...

If I'm wrong I'll eat mario's hat :burp:

...gyros ftw

Prince of China said:
Or maybe it's really the Nintendo 64 controller.
Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with this? The N64 controller is easily the best of all time.

Never really used the third "prong" tbh, guess that'd change with NES games etc. Was pretty original though.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with this? The N64 controller is easily the best of all time.
Yeah I loved it :).

About 1/3 of that controller was pointless though. The d-pad and L-button were practically redundant.

And there was only one control stick.

But nothing has beaten the Z-trigger for console shooters :)

Back