NK Admitts to Having Nukes

So you have a problem with our beliefs? You disagree with our stance on the US government? So debate about it! Please, stop slagging us off and saying "You just hate the US you don't care about anyone really." Please, start debating.

Burner, I understand your point, and would agree. I wish people would actually debate more. But like I said before, the moderates who would like a debate get caught in the middle of extremists. It was like the whole issue of the UN sanctions against Iraq. You can't have a debate with someone who refuses to acknowladge that they are UN sanctions and insists on referring to them as 'US' sanctions in order to propagate their anti-US ideology. Both sides need to be able to reasonably discuss the facts in order to have a debate, and usually one side will choose to ignore them in order to fulfill their political agenda.

I would love to think that people could debate rationally based on the facts at hand, rather then their political motivations. But I won't hold my breath over it.

GhostFox said:
Burner, I understand your point, and would agree. I wish people would actually debate more. But like I said before, the moderates who would like a debate get caught in the middle of extremists. It was like the whole issue of the UN sanctions against Iraq. You can't have a debate with someone who refuses to acknowladge that they are UN sanctions and insists on referring to them as 'US' sanctions in order to propagate their anti-US ideology. Both sides need to be able to reasonably discuss the facts in order to have a debate, and usually one side will choose to ignore them in order to fulfill their political agenda.

I would love to think that people could debate rationally based on the facts at hand, rather then their political motivations. But I won't hold my breath over it.

Fair play. But as you may have noticed I've swapped my US, to UN sanctions. Partly to increase the chance of a proper debate, but also because of info I've been reading.
I try and be a reasonable debater... I try :(
;)

Fair play. But as you may have noticed I've swapped my US, to UN sanctions. Partly to increase the chance of a proper debate, but also because of info I've been reading.

I noticed and I applaud your efforts. I may not agree with your views much, but you do pretty well with taking new information and adjusting your view accordingly.

GhostFox said:

:upstare: I gave you assessment by independent bodies that inspected the water treatment plants, I gave you actual quotes from american congressmen saying the US is responsible, I gave you actual documents that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the US purposefully destroyed and withheld parts and chemicals deemed necessary for water treatment and sanitation, I gave you documents that shows the #1 killer of children under the age of 5 was caused by diseases brought upon by unsanitary conditions caused by the lack of working water treatment plants ..I gave you US documents that predicts the rate of outbreaks of typhoid, diarrheal diseases, meningitis, malaria etc in iraqi children ..yet you still believe your country ...oops sorry the US ( :dozey: ), is innocent of all charges ..there's no reasoning with you ...I can give you documents and signed affidavits till I'm blue in the face and you'd still whitewash everything ..."nope the UN was responsible"

I believe in armed resistence to oppression when necessary ..but yes I do believe war is rarely the answer
And neither is isolationsim nor appeasement.

I gave you assessment by independent bodies that inspected the water treatment plants, I gave you actual quotes from american congressmen saying the US is responsible, I gave you actual documents that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the US purposefully destroyed and withheld parts and chemicals deemed necessary for water treatment and sanitation, I gave you documents that shows the #1 killer of children under the age of 5 was caused by diseases brought upon by unsanitary conditions caused by the lack of working water treatment plants ..I gave you US documents that predicts the rate of outbreaks of typhoid, diarrheal diseases, meningitis, malaria etc in iraqi children ..yet you still believe your country ...oops sorry the US ( ), is innocent of all charges ..there's no reasoning with you ...I can give you documents and signed affidavits till I'm blue in the face and you'd still whitewash everything ..."nope the UN was responsible"

Stern, your own source said it was a UN action. You are one of the major reasons why reasonable debates cannot take place. Your extremist one-sided views exist only to push your political agenda of anti-americanism, no matter what the situation. You are a magnet for trolls, quickly turning every thread into an america vs. the world situation.

And the worst part of it all is that you won't even admit it. At least most people will admit that their view is extreme. You have this need to think that your view is absolute and you speak for everyone. It was like your whole "If you don't worship the CBC, you can't be Canadian" rant. It was so crazy I couldn't believe it. You have this need to think the whole world needs to think the same way as you. Or how becuase you don't support the war in Iraq, no one does. Get over yourself man. You're free to have your opinions, but recognize that they are YOUR opinions and you don't speak for the whole world.

that's the extent of your argument?

It is not an argument. It is a fact. There is no reason at all to spend any more time on it. You posted the article about 3 different times. Everyone is welcome to read it. I have no desire to talk about it anymore.

that's the extent of your argument?

I don't understand. How does one argue hard facts? It's either a fact or it isn't there is no grey area in this type of case. It is a fact. Case closed. Where would the argument be?

Does anyone else get this???????

you explained nothing, you proved nothing. show me your proof or shut up it's as simple as that ..look take this to pm if you want to continue I'm not going to lock this thread

Right, you two are both warned.
Anyone else want to try for some warnings? no? good.

Right, you two are both warned.
Anyone else want to try for some warnings? no? good.

What exactly was I warned for? I asked a simple question. That is uncalled for.

GhostFox said:
What exactly was I warned for? I asked a simple question. That is uncalled for.

I made 4 posts in this thread to return to the original topic- yet, somehow, you still continued to argue, about something unrelated- and thus, you were warned. Thats very generous, considering the 3rd warning was meant to be the last, and I let everyone off a 4th time.
I'm still being lenient by leaving the thread open in fact, because I know some people would like to stay on topic like they're told.

Ignoring a moderators repeated and clear instructions to return on-topic = your warning

Simple as that.

I'm still being lenient by leaving the thread open in fact, because I know some people would like to stay on topic like they're told.

After the initial issue has been discussed, what is the harm in the thread evolving to deal with issues that crop up based on responses? I frankly don't understand your necessity with staying on the exact topic that the thread started with. If we had a seperate thread for every new issue brought up we would need hundreds of them. I think a good debate should be an evolution, not a finish line. The idea that everytime you want to question a poster it needs a new thread just seems silly to me.

The NK having nukes issue has been well addressed. Is it really so terrible if the thread continues onto a new topic building off the conversations within the thread?

GhostFox said:
The NK having nukes issue has been well addressed. Is it really so terrible if the thread continues onto a new topic building off the conversations within the thread?

Unless you haven't noticed, this is the politics section, and since its creation, the rules have been far tougher than the rest of the forum, those were ignored.
No longer is that the case. The demonstration by most participants showing that they are unable to handle political discussion at an adult level means that no luxuries (such as a loose topic trail) are afforded.

Ghostfox, my records show that appoximately 91% of your posts are in the politics section of this Half-Life 2 site.
If you would prefer dedicated political discussion, in a politics forum, check this list of sites that might be of interest.

While you are on a halflife2.net server, you obey halflife2.net rules. No Exceptions. If you don't like it, you have plenty of other forums to post in, that may allow childish bickering, name calling, etc.

Make a choice and deal with it.

If you would prefer dedicated political discussion, in a politics forum

I'm sorry. I was under the impression that this was a politcs forum. I guess the name threw me off. You don't like the forum, I get that. We all do. If you want to lobby to have the forum removed, go right ahead. While it is here, I think that it is only proper that people argue politics. Don't you?

While you are on a halflife2.net server, you obey halflife2.net rules. No Exceptions. If you don't like it, you have plenty of other forums to post in, that may allow childish bickering, name calling, etc.

Make a choice and deal with it.

I asked a simple question. Why you feel the need to constantly demean this board and it's posters is beyond me. I am not a child and neither are most of the posters on here. Don't you think it is possible to moderate effectively without the "holier then thou art" attitude?

GhostFox said:
I'm sorry. I was under the impression that this was a politcs forum. I guess the name threw me off. You don't like the forum, I get that. We all do. If you want to lobby to have the forum removed, go right ahead. While it is here, I think that it is only proper that people argue politics. Don't you?

I asked a simple question. Why you feel the need to constantly demean this board and it's posters is beyond me. I am not a child and neither are most of the posters on here. Don't you think it is possible to moderate effectively without the "holier then thou art" attitude?
Well you sure as hell acting like a child about your warning.

You know...you keep on like that you will get banned.

Just take your warning and chillax...for god sakes.It won't be no more than a week I think till it goes away.

Back on topic: The US is probally not gonna invade NK for a long long time.We're probally gonna go after Iran first and that in itself is gonna take a while.

Ghostfox, my records show that appoximately 91% of your posts are in the politics section of this Half-Life 2 site.

Ooh thats cool. Moderators can see that? I'm curious, where and what is the greatest % for most of my posts? I'm guessing off topic. Heh.

Man, I wish all that was viewable by anybody.

To stay on topic. North Korean government is a bunch of meanies that won't hesitate to kill a bunch of innocent civilians if it is in their interest with their nukes.

GhostFox said:

It was created so that members of halflife2.net could discuss politics in one place, not so that it could be used by members soley as their only contact with the site.

I don't want it closed, because I know people appreciate the section. Its the abuse of it I want to end.

GhostFox said:

The fact you don't just accept the fact you broke the rules and were punished seems pretty immature to me.
If you don't want to be treated as a child, then learn to accept authority, and work alongside the rules.

bliink said:
The fact you don't just accept the fact you broke the rules and were punished seems pretty immature to me.
If you don't want to be treated as a child, then learn to accept authority, and work alongside the rules.
...and learn to be responsible for your actions and take it like man.

To stay on topic. North Korean government is a bunch of meanies that won't hesitate to kill a bunch of innocent civilians if it is in their interest with their nukes.
Raziaar china is just as bad...which I don't even understand why we haven't bitched at them yet.Must be because of the cheap labor...

I gladly will. If you notice my question was clarification of the rules, as I was explaining my understanding, and requesting your input.

I only brought up the other point becuase it is not the first time your posts came off that way. In fact your response about it has the very same exact tone. I would think that moderation could be more sucessful if posters were treated more as equals and less as un-intelligent children.

Tr0n said:
Raziaar china is just as bad...which I don't even understand why we haven't bitched at them yet.Must be because of the cheap labor...

I wasn't quite aware that the US and China were the best of buds. So. What's the point?

GhostFox said:
I gladly will. If you notice my question was clarification of the rules, as I was explaining my understanding, and requesting your input.

I only brought up the other point becuase it is not the first time your posts came off that way. In fact your response about it has the very same exact tone. I would think that moderation could be more sucessful if posters were treated more as equals and less as un-intelligent children.

I don't even know why you're still arguing. This is the exact reason you were warned the first time.

Raziaar said:
I wasn't quite aware that the US and China were the best of buds. So. What's the point?
Heh...tell that to the major corporations. :LOL:

The point is they are communist just like NK and Cuba yet we are getting along just fine with them and not even putting embargo on them like cuba.

Tr0n said:
Heh...tell that to the major corporations. :LOL:

The point is they are communist just like NK and Cuba yet we are getting along just fine with them and not even putting embargo on them like cuba.

We all know the quality that is 'made in china'. <rolls his eyes>

Heh.

Back