No Hiring of White Men Allowed!?

Zeus said:
Nope sorry you've completly missed the point of my post. Absolutly 100% incorrect as to what I meant by my post.
You're right, your post was more like

"I'm not racist, I have lots of black friends!"

Erestheux said:
You're right, your post was more like

"I'm not racist, I have lots of black friends!"

Lol no, it wasn't

There's nothing wrong with 95% of the employees being white, unless the cause of that was discriminatory hiring. If the vast majority of qualified applicants were of a certain race religion or gender then so be it.

JellyWorld said:
There's nothing wrong with 95% of the employees being white, unless the cause of that was discriminatory hiring. If the vast majority of qualified applicants were of a certain race religion or gender then so be it.

No theres alot wrong with it. America has a strong history of racism, it has progressed but still the majority of prisoners are black, black people are more likely to be poor ect. There are still racist policee officers, but I'm sure th majority arn't. However it comes across as a sexist and racist institution when it has 95% of its officers as white men.

How would a black woman feel if she was arrested by white men, taken to a white police station, and interveiewed by white men, its more intimidating, you start to wonder: "Why arn't there any black people here, or even woman, are they racist? Will they beat me?"ect. There the kind of fears people could have.

For justice to be done the police force needs to be representative, its important the police force set an example and appear to be non-racist.

Solaris said:
No theres alot wrong with it. America has a strong history of racism, it has progressed but still the majority of prisoners are black, black people are more likely to be poor ect. There are still racist policee officers, but I'm sure th majority arn't. However it comes across as a sexist and racist institution when it has 95% of its officers as white men.
Does anyone friggin READ the initial posts in this forum?

THIS IS CANADA!!!!!! :| :|

Meh replace America with Canada then, the princibles the same.

Just curious solaris , where do you get the "95% of police officers are white" from?

Erestheux said:
Does anyone friggin READ the initial posts in this forum?

THIS IS CANADA!!!!!! :| :|

LOL! Now we all know that Solaris has an obvious anti american bias..that will be helpful in future politics threads.

Solaris said:
I do.

tbh

I know. You've made that quite clear in about...100% of your posts in the politics board. And why don't you back up your statement about 95% of police officers are white men with a (reliable) source. Or are you just pulling your information out of a magic hat

Oh and by the way you just admitted to being biased, the very thing you're supposed to avoid in a political debate

Zeus said:
I know. You've made that quite clear in about...100% of your posts in the politics board. And why don't you back up your statement about 95% of police officers are white men with a (reliable) source. Or are you just pulling your information out of a magic hat

Oh and by the way you just admitted to being biased, the very thing you're supposed to avoid in a political debate
Erm.

95% of the police officers in the department in question :/

Solaris said:
Erm.

Which is... **drum roll, please!**... in CANADA!

Erm.

Well it does seem that this thread has descended into confused whispers. The department in question is not the police but the department of public works. And the 95% refers not to the department as a whole but recent recruits.

The 95% part was an extrapolation error on my behalf but the department mentioned was never the police. I guess it goes to show how little notice people take of source material.
Its weird to watch the figures mutate into something completely different than originally intended

Rofl, so when did we start talking about the police.

Ah well.

Anywho, I support positive discrimination in extreme circumstances.

Computer5k said:
Positive discrimination is an oxymoron.

QF ****ING T!!!

people should

(A) get over the mistakes of the past and learn from them so it doesn't happen again..

and

(B) don't keep the hate alive and kicking by dwelling on it as though it was this morning..

Back