Nuclear Union, new post-apoc RPG!

Gargantou

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I just stumbled upon a new post-apocalyptic RPG set to be published by 1C and developed by Best Way, the original developers of the Outfront series (Faces of War, Men of War etc.) by the name of Nuclear Union.

It takes place in the USSR in 2012 set in a world devastated after the Cuban Missile Crisis lead to large scale nuclear exchanges.

It's a third-person game with an active pause system for assigning commands to companions and other things.

Debut trailer:

Some screens:

1Vwzx.jpg

qCkix.jpg

TqpsC.jpg

Personally, I am quite excited!

Looks neat as heck, I expect a ridiculous difficulty.

Looks good, but holy shit I am so sick of post-apoc games. It's literally one of the worst possible settings right now because nobody will do anything interesting with it.

Looks a bit like Metro 2033... except, well, not as good looking... maybe...

I do agree with willie tho, this'll need something different or it's gonna be like every other post-apoc out there.

That's what I thought Bob. It looks a lot like Metro. If you had shown me that bottom screenshot without telling me what it is I would have thought it was Metro: Last Light.

Looks good, but holy shit I am so sick of post-apoc games. It's literally one of the worst possible settings right now because nobody will do anything interesting with it.
Got any specific wishes for what you think people should do with the setting to take it into an interesting direction? I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Enough brown and goddamn bloom. ENough nuclear holocaust shit. How about osmething interesting, like the world being wiped out by goddamned space dinosaurs, or time traveling biker vikings who pillaged and burned the land and, after a hundred years of enslavement and the world going to shit, the rest of humanity rises up and rides dinosaurs to battle against the cowboy viking biker robot menace?

But seriously, enough barren wasteland nuclear holocaust shit. It's boring as hell. There ARE more interesting ways an apocalypse can be done.

Edit: as we discussed on steam, stuff like Reign of Fire. My only complaint with post-apoc is zombies/war and humanity is bad nuclear weapons grr. Enslaved kind of had an interesting concept for post-apoc:

Adapt Journey to the West into a story concerning man and machine. Too bad that game sucked shit and that shitass developer is making the reboot of Devil May Cry. Horrid dogshit. They also made Heavenly Sword. Meh.

What was this trhead about?

Ooooo... i just had a little idea...

Game starts in Post-apoc setting, kinda like New Vegas. You 'wake up' with very limited details on you, or your surroundings. You have to search the ruined cities/land for information on what happened to make the world the way it is. Eventually you find tech that isn't anything you recognise. When activated you are suddenly in a very high tech, clean, lab (a la Assassins Creed).... only thing is, this is the real, present, world (still in our future though). The post-apoc is the future, and you have to bounce tween the two, finding clues from the future, taking that info back to the high tech present in order to try to prevent the apocalypse from happening....

Possibly have the post-apoc change every time you return since you may have changed the future each time you get back to the present.... different levels of post-apoc destruction maybe...

Damn, I wish I was a developer... I'd have fun making that!

That's what I thought Bob. It looks a lot like Metro. If you had shown me that bottom screenshot without telling me what it is I would have thought it was Metro: Last Light.
Metro's setting doesn't really have that kind of tech you sillyhead.

I know breh. Doesn't stop it looking exactly like Metro in every single way, especially graphically.

Got any specific wishes for what you think people should do with the setting to take it into an interesting direction? I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Griffin apocalypse.

Also, less-total apocalysiii would be a nice change. You don't need 99% casualties and massive infrastructure damage to have society break down. 85% with griffins using mostly intact buildings scattered around the place as roosts would be cool too.

Also, magical apocalypse out of nowhere would be sweet.

rip this game never even came out

Back