Obama releases birth certificate

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Amazed there isn't a thread on this. Post your own relevant links and I will add them to the OP.
The Grauniad's live (??) coverage.
Analysis piece.
Trump unable to supply his own documents

BREAKING NEWS:
No sooner than the release was made did Trump and the vast right-wing conspiracy industry turn their attention to Obama's academic record.
Now they want him to release his transcripts.
Trump's new demands
Compelling evidence

Barack-Obamas-long-form-b-001.jpg

donald_trump.jpg
US-President-Barack-Obama-007.jpg

See also this Comment Is Free piece.

The fact is that the Obama administration has played the recent spasm of birther attention remarkably well. They have let Trump rise up on a balloon of inflated birther nonsense – getting near the top of Republican polls for the 2012 nomination – and then promptly popped it underneath him. Look at the timing. This was meant to be a moment all about Trump appearing in New Hampshire, the vital first state to hold a primary in the nomination process. It was a moment where Trump the outsider upstart was meant to begin to look a little serious.

Instead, the White House timed the release so that Trump would be right in the media's glare when the birther bubble burst. Not surprisingly, he looked like an idiot. At a news conference, he blustered about his proud achievement in forcing the release of the birth certificate, then attempted to cast a little doubt on it and finally made up a CNN poll that he claimed showed him neck-and-neck with Obama in the race (CNN promptly reported no such poll exists).

This hole thing is ****ing retarded. Do these people have nothing better to worry about then this junk. Like the trillions of dollars of debt? Wars?Sorting the economy?

This knob head republican is like a little school girl. Rather then sitting around coming up with petty ways in which to dig at obama he should do something more useful like sit under a train.

they should just come out and admit they just dont like the idea of black man (who's as close to a white man that a black man can get) holding the highest position of power in america. you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe there's some conspiracy around his legitimacy as a president based on place of birth. you'd think that would be the very first thing conspirators would straighten out beforehand

Trump's new conspiracy theory

Now Donald Trump has opened up a new line of attack on President Obama, accusing him of being a "terrible student" who shouldn't have gotten into Columbia University or Harvard Law School. "How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" he asked the Associated Press. "I'm thinking about it, I'm certainly looking into it. Let him show his records." He continued darkly, "There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president."

How do we know, it wasn't forged by the CIA?

Republicans are the greatest trolls in history.

Saw a video on this and 'evidence' on how it's been altered/doctored. Probably fake though.

The fact that a sitting president of the United States was compelled to release a birth certificate is all the proof I needed to safely say that the United States is utterly ****ed. Also I normally roll my eyes when people claim to see racial conspiracies in any attack or criticism against Obama however when it comes to "Birtherism" this is 100%, pure, unadulterated racism.

Its ****ing stupid of Obama to release this. Nothing good could have come of it, they're only going to demand he release more personal information by making up more retarded claims. The line about using it to end Trump's rise in the presidential campaign is bullshit, Trump wouldn't have stood a chance in hell anyways.

they should just come out and admit they just dont like the idea of black man (who's as close to a white man that a black man can get) holding the highest position of power in america. you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe there's some conspiracy around his legitimacy as a president based on place of birth. you'd think that would be the very first thing conspirators would straighten out beforehand

Biracial man...

And how is one as close to a white man as a black man can get?

Also - I find it difficult to accept that anyone in politics is actually stupid enough to believe any of these claims - but I rather think that it's a weak ploy to gain the following of only the stupidest American voters... like those Tea Party ****ers.

Its ****ing stupid of Obama to release this. Nothing good could have come of it, they're only going to demand he release more personal information by making up more retarded claims. The line about using it to end Trump's rise in the presidential campaign is bullshit, Trump wouldn't have stood a chance in hell anyways.
Hopefully still doesn't.

You mean an 18 yyear old 8 month pregnant American women didn't travel 10,000 miles to Kenya in the 1960s to give birth to her child? I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya!

sigh ..the whitest black man ffs

Oreo: black on the outside white on the inside

sigh ..the whitest black man ffs

Oreo: black on the outside white on the inside

I don't get it... what classifies someone as white on the inside? Being successful and articulate? Or maybe being half white? Interesting...

I don't think I can properly sum up how much this shit pisses me off. Total idiots will eat this shit up while most Americans have a field day with Trump being the new Palin and are a little more sympathetic to Obama, while we still have trillions of dollars of debt and across the world we're still engaged in two major conflicts. It's like a goddamn circus.

I don't think I can properly sum up how much this shit pisses me off. Total idiots will eat this shit up while most Americans have a field day with Trump being the new Palin and are a little more sympathetic to Obama, while we still have trillions of dollars of debt and across the world we're still engaged in two major conflicts. It's like a goddamn circus.

Last days of Rome dude.

Would Obama really have gotten this far in politics without having a ****ing valid American birth certificate? Is this all some dirty left-wing communist scheme?

Good going, Trump. Advocating Xenophobia is the way forward in American Politics!

What a mature and respectful response by the leader of the (for now) most powerful nation on earth.

Please note that this all took place at a dinner where it is traditional and expected for huge speeches to be made completely ripping into certain people, so this probably isn't quite as subversive and wonderful as it looks.

I've been impressed at how laid back the white house correspondent's dinners can be and the self deprecating humor used which is absolutely not seen anywhere else in the political climate.

Colbert was better.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just got to the Trump part, nevermind, Colbert was tame compared to this guy's first Donald Trump joke. Holy shit Trump looked pissed, ****ing awesome.

Back