Official Gold-Date Estimate

Ford the Word said:
It's interesting to see that so many people in this thread really speculate whether HL2 will be released "summer" or "august" or "september" just because Gabe said something about "august". I mean, come on you guys, these was the same people (Gabe, Lombardi, whoever) that said 30 SEPTEMBER DUDE!!!, and NO DELAY MAN, and so on. And we all know where that all went... well, it went to... er... .... ... nowhere. So when Gabe says something really speculative as "expect to" or "almost done" or "polishing", you can be sure that the game is in fact WID, and if we're lucky we will be playing it this christmas, and that's if we're lucky. :rolleyes:

/Ford

it's because were all exicted you can blame gabe if you want, but last 2 dates are still becoming more closer together meaning that they starting to know when they will acally get done

i think the earlier release dates (aka sept 30) was them being so exicted releasing the game that really sets a new goal for every one in the indstry to try and beat not to mention a wake up call :)
so yes they may be "ahead-of-them-selfs" in release date wise but i sure they learned the lesson

Dreglor said:
it's because were all exicted you can blame gabe if you want, but last 2 dates are still becoming more closer together meaning that they starting to know when they will acally get done

i think the earlier release dates (aka sept 30) was them being so exicted releasing the game that really sets a new goal for every one in the indstry to try and beat not to mention a wake up call :)
so yes they may be "ahead-of-them-selfs" in release date wise but i sure they learned the lesson

Well, I'm exited too, but I stopped believing in any word that comes from Valve. Now, the only certain release of this game will be when you see it in the stores...

Actual Gold Month: July
Actual Release Date: August 21st
This I can assure you as I have seen it in my crystal monitor. When gazing into it I see all things! :dork:
That or maybe I am hoping Gabe was throwing out an over conservative date this time. Has anyone thought of that? It could be ready to go gold any day now and he just didn't want to say so until he was 100% sure this time. :E

Dr. Shim said:
We're talking about April, not Steam.

I say the end of September, and you'll be able to finally waste your life away on this thing.

coldbladed said:
Actual Gold Month: July
Actual Release Date: August 21st
This I can assure you as I have seen it in my crystal monitor. When gazing into it I see all things! ...

Congratulations! You saw stuff without the use of narcotics! :LOL:

I'm sure there's something in your water, though. :naughty:

i'm in maryland, i've got lead in my water!

um.. on topic, hope you had fun at the offices.

i think, as a reply to this PLANNING, according to some gamesites that doom 3 announced that they will ship on august the 3rd.

i dunno if its an answer on this, but we, if Valve wants to beat doom3 at its releasedate, can expect a very early august shipping then.

Daegon said:
i'm in maryland, i've got lead in my water!

Congrats! I lived in Calfornia, and had everything else in my water! It glows, humms, and tells me stories! :thumbs:

One thing I think many (not all) people fail to see is that as a private organization they are in no way bound by what they say. If they felt like it, they could scrap the game! No matter how much the fanbase whines, Valve can do as it pleases. The only reason they need to get it out asap is because they want to get the most of their money before people get pissed.

Hell! They could deliver a crap game and still make money from alll the pre-orders and people who will go out and by it the first instant possible.

I'll still buy it even if it turns out to be a piece of crap.
Mmmmm, crap...

Sept 30th for me..But i pray for something very early like tomorrow =o

Back