Official Halflife2.net Garry's Mod Servers

Reaction score
Halflife2.net | Fast DL | ???
69.164.205.152:27015 (Public, US, 32 Player)

Halflife2.net | Fast DL | Trouble in Terrorist Town
69.164.205.152:27016 (Public, US, 16 Player)

About

What is war? War is not some carebear, ragdoll-posing server or some serious roleplay. It's where you try your luck at creating a contraption of your choice that is able to deal and sustain more damage than your opponents. You will die. Your hard work will be destroyed. Advanced Duplicating (saving) is almost a must. Above all else, just have fun!

The only required add-ons are PHX3 and Wire. Without these, you'll see a lot of ERRORs.

Features
  • Custom Spawnpoints
  • Fast Downloads
  • Friendly Environment
  • Regular Players Rewards
  • "Stable" Server
  • Unrestrictive Gameplay
  • Updated Daily
Rules
  • Do not spam.
  • Do not create lag-monsters.
  • Do not use props to trap other players or vehicles, block spawn points, etc.
  • Do not use tools as weapons. This especially goes for dynamite and turrets. You must attach them to something, not physgun them around like a MingeBag.
  • Do not create invisible MingeBots. All remote-controlled vehicles must be fully visible.
  • Deathmatch is allowed on this server. However, please respect those who wish to be left alone.
  • Obviously we cannot list everything here and doing so would be pointless. All that we ask is that you use common sense and help make this a friendly and fun server environment.
Current Add-ons

More Information/Links

For more information about add-ons using SVN releases, see our Garry's Mod F.A.Q.

For more information on Trouble in Terrorist Town, visit the official website at ttt.badking.net.

Join our Steam group: [HL2.net] GMod!

Those links are correct. The required add-ons are: PHX, Wire, and Stargate. Without those you would be missing resource files and see errors everywhere. Everything else is downloaded from the server.

Forgot to update server list, here is our current servers:

Halflife2.net | Public #1 | War
76.74.159.102:27015 (Public, US, 16 Player)

Halflife2.net | Public #2 | Spacefight
76.74.159.102:27016 (Public, US, 8 Player)

Halflife2.net | Public #3 | Build (Beginner Friendly)
66.43.207.66:27015 (Public, US, 4 Player)

We own servers? Are these still operational today?

So I randomly regain interest in Garry's Mod again. Currently running a small server from home. We'll see how long this one lasts. :p

Bump. Oh shi-, Garry finally released Linux binaries for the dedicated server. I'm now running a small dev server from home. Once I get things figured out, I'll update the original post. It should be up 24/7 and you can connect to it at the address below:

-snip-

I probably don't have enough bandwidth to allow enough players for the gamemode to be enjoyable. :(

I just purchased a Linode VPN and will have a decent sized server or two. I've never hosted a Garry's Mod dedicated server with them, so I'm unsure on how many servers my account could handle. I'm sure I could at least have one decently sized sandbox server and maybe a TTT server if you're lucky. I'll post updates once I get everything running smoothly.

16 is a shit ton, I really don't think we'd ever need more than 12 unless we want to play with a bunch of pubbies (often doesn't end well) or TTT somehow becomes way more popular with hl2.netters.

Fixed player voting for maps. Now you can type !votemap <map name or id> and vote for your favorite map (so you can quit bothering me about cs_assault). I also added every TTT map from here to the relevant server.

Cool stuff, but how about the DNA scanner? Still broke?

Just had a great game tonight, a dozen HL2.netters all playing TTT together.

There's still a bug that makes the DNA scanner unusable though, so something will have to be done about that.

Is it a specific issue connected to our server or just the current v8 of TTT? We could always ask TGB for some help on sorting it.

We will make a proper announcement soon for the server and hopefully drum up some more interest from all of HL2.net. We're going to be adding more community admins to the server based on individuals who play properly & help organise community games.

WE NEED YOU TO KEEP OUR STREETS SAFE.

It's a problem just with our server.

One rule we saw on another TTT server was 'no mic if you're under 14' or something, which I think is great because nobody likes a loud and annoying little kid. I think we could enforce this without having our server get a bad reputation.

Another good albeit biased rule might be that you have to have a mic and use it if you're not a hl2.net member. Playing with hl2.netters is always fun because we know eachother. Having strangers join us is fun too, when they contribute to the experience. But strangers who never talk or just use the chat that almost nobody reads and is very cumbersome are just taking up space, they don't really contribute much to the experience. This rule combined with the first one effectively keeps out little kids, who shouldn't be playing anyway because they're not smart enough for the game :p

These are just my opinions based on my experience in playing. You and Spark are my boss though, so I won't start enforcing things like this without your approval.

And, as I told Spark, members that I trust know what a good game of TTT is and what people shouldn't do on the server are Sliver, Raziaar (Cow Man) and Viper (vipersauce).

The rules that Veg laid down seem to be quite alright, especially the 14 year age limit.

It's a problem just with our server.

One rule we saw on another TTT server was 'no mic if you're under 14' or something, which I think is great because nobody likes a loud and annoying little kid. I think we could enforce this without having our server get a bad reputation.

Another good albeit biased rule might be that you have to have a mic and use it if you're not a hl2.net member. Playing with hl2.netters is always fun because we know eachother. Having strangers join us is fun too, when they contribute to the experience. But strangers who never talk or just use the chat that almost nobody reads and is very cumbersome are just taking up space, they don't really contribute much to the experience. This rule combined with the first one effectively keeps out little kids, who shouldn't be playing anyway because they're not smart enough for the game :p

These are just my opinions based on my experience in playing. You and Spark are my boss though, so I won't start enforcing things like this without your approval.

And, as I told Spark, members that I trust know what a good game of TTT is and what people shouldn't do on the server are Sliver, Raziaar (Cow Man) and Viper (vipersauce).

I agree with these rules, we should enforce them.

I agree with the mic rule. If you're past puberty, it's a must. Otherwise, we'll kindly tell you to quiet yourself.

The game is all about forming trust with the other players. It's very hard to be convincing when pleading innocence to a crime when all you can type is 'wasnt me.' Often an increase or decrease in chattiness, as well changes in tone of voice/phrasing will raise suspicion. Voice chat adds a whole new dimension to the game--in fact, it practically is most of the gameplay.

Not to mention, precision timing with fellow traitors is impossible with just text. For instance, yesterday I nearly got caught in Mansion when I botched a murder in a room. Panicking, I started yelling at Morgan to turn off the main lights so I could make a getaway. With just text I would have had to stop, stand still in the room (with potential detectives and innocents rushing in), and slowly type TURN OFF THE LIGHTS over and over in hopes that he'd be paying attention to the bottom left of his screen.

One thing that needs to be changed is the round end timer. The reason it's so long in the first place is to give people time to find out who was a traitor. However with so many players together on friendly terms, we're bound to explain/boast about murders and those who committed them regardless, so the 30 seconds just slows it down.

I agree with these rules, we should enforce them.
WELL THEN MAYBE YOU SHUOLD GET ON THAT MR 'MILLY' 'BAYS'

Way not to trust me, Veg :(. Tell me when we have another game planned. Next week i'm busy pretty much all week, though. The 14 year old rule is a good idea, yeah, but if they're little, that doesn't mean they can't be constructive. If they're actually helpful and aren't annoying, would we be able to make an exception?

Way not to trust me, Veg :(.
It's not that, it's just that you're still kind of new. We already have more than enough admins now, and I wanted to keep it to a minimum, so of course I picked the people who have been playing for a much longer time.

Tell me when we have another game planned.
We don't really plan games. The past 2 nights I just randomly start telling people that we're going to play. That's what getting a game together is; long range plans tend not to work out well. Any night is usually a good potential time. Like any time after 6pm est.

The 14 year old rule is a good idea, yeah, but if they're little, that doesn't mean they can't be constructive. If they're actually helpful and aren't annoying, would we be able to make an exception?
A loud whiny little kid might be okay, but listening to them is a real strain on everyone's ears. It detracts from the enjoyment of everyone, in that way. Just like someone spamming music would. But anyway, we just finished playing today and there were a few pubbers who didn't use their mics, but we let them play with us anyway. It would have been better if they were on mic. Whenever I get paired with one of them as a traitor I think to myself "ugh, going to be hard to work with him" like Viper mentioned in his post.

Admins should now be hidden from the scoreboard.

Fellow admins, try to bind xgui to a key. I don't like seeing !xgui in chat every few minutes.

Oh, xgui in console is the same as !xgui in chat? Didn't know that, that's good.

Also for anyone who plays with us who might not have these maps already:

http://pixelatomy.com/stuff/ttt/

Might as well download them here instead of having to download them from the server when we decide to play them. Some are kind of big.

Just put them in steamapps/garrysmod/gmod/maps with the rest.

Would be nice if we could get a better thread some place more.... accessible.

I feel unsafe in these parts of hl2.net. I don't know the people who live around here. Some guy tried to abduct me in that alley over there.

By request I've reduced the post-round time from 30 to 15 seconds.

Also, I'm going on a family trip and won't be on Steam for about a week. If you need me just throw me a PM.

That other server is a spy!

Apparently someone is pathetic enough that they find the need to use our branding to get people to join their server (or it's a pissed off banned player that's trollin'). In anycase, the following server is not ours, not played by our community members, nor endorsed by us: 204.27.56.26:27064

We may be crazy, but we're not 40 slot TTT crazy! Trust me, the real thing is much better.

Due to complains about roleplay deathmatch (RDM), the damage log (a simplified version of the "Events" tab on the post-round information window) is now saved to the server. This will be used to verify any claims or disputes of RDM.

Please encourage other players to report RDM by taking screenshots of the Events tab and the output of the "status" command in the console. For now, just upload the screenshots and PM me the links with a description of what happened. Once I get a hold of the forum admins, I'll figure out a better form of submission.

Back