Overwatch and Civil Protection Radio Chatter

586FAC75

Reaction score
I had a few requests for these, I thought I'd post it in a separate thread as there are so many...These are a few choice cuts as there are far too many, I decided to pick out the most interesting ones.

Civil Protection Radio

Loose parasitics...
Control, I have a failure to comply with a loyalty check tag here, possible attempt one oh three here.
I have a match on a PB likeness...
Minor Hits! Continuing prosecution!
Non-tagged viromes here.
No visual on UPI at this time.
We've got an outbound biotic in here.
Picking up a non corplexindy here...
Pick up the can.
Pick. Up. The. Can.
I said pick up the can!
Possible ten one oh three at my location, alert tag units.
Possible six forty seven E here, request Airwatch for tag.
Preparing to judge a ten one oh seven, be advised.
I've a priority two anticitizen here.
Ready to amputate.
Ready to prosecute malcompliance citizen ??
Reporting sighting of possible acomplices...
Requesting secondary viscerator, primary has been ??
Running low on verdicts, taking cover!
All units, sacrifice code; one. Maintain this CP.
Shots fired at hostile malignants here.
Yeah, er...roger we'll run standard uh...loyalty check procedure two forty three ?? over.
Still getting that six forty seven E from local civilians?
Storm system.
High speed, subject is now high speed.
All units, suspect is in storm run off system at...
Suspect is bleeding from multiple wounds.
Suspect is using restricted canals at...
Tag one encrotic.
Tag one parasitic.
Tag one bug.
Ten zero! Ten Zero! Viscerator is hunting!
Viscerator deployed!
One viscerator is OC!
Viscerator is off grid...
We are socio stable at this location.
You knocked it over, pick it up.
You want a malcompliance verdict?

Overwatch Radio

Block 31 mace.
Affirmative, we've got him now.
Antiseptic.
Anticitizen One.
Flare Down!
Extractor is live...
Fix sight line, move in.
Executing full response.
Extractor away.
Engaged in clean up
Designate target as...
Block 6-4 jet.
Body pack holding.
Boomer.
Bouncer! Bouncer!
Call contact parasitics...
Call contact suspect target one.
Call hot point.
Confirm sector not sterile.
Contact confirmed prosecuting.
Freeman.
Go active intercept...
Go sharp, go sharp...
Grid sundown four dash six.
Harden that position.
Has negative movement.
?Co-arashe? advised, we have heavy resistance!
Infected.
Is at code...
Is field promoted to mir one holding...
Is final team unit to push backup
Is holding at code.
Lost contact.
Motion check all radials.
Necrotic.
Necrotic inbound.
Novocain.
One contained
One down!
One duty vacated!
Outbreak.
Outbreak status is code...
Overwatch.
Overwatch confirmed human ?? is contained.
Overwatch reports possible hostiles inbound.
Overwatch, request reinforcement.
Overwatch, request reserve activation.
Overwatch, request sky shield.
Overwatch, request winder dispatch.
Overwatch sector overrun ??
Overwatch target one sterilized.
Overwatch target contained.
Overwatch team is down, sector is not controlled.
Overwatch order 3-C-C stim burst.
Prep for contact, report in.
Priority one objective.
Priority two escapee.
Overwatch request sector ?? stabilization teams.
Overwatch confirms several boomers dispatch inbound, ghost drop inbound, prepare for special anti-suppression and wrap 'em.
Hard point nomad, reactivate perimeter restrictor and report...*static*...Hardpoint nomad, reactivate your perimeter restrictors and report...*static*...Nomad confirms restrictors back online, your sector shows antibiotics.
Hard point shadow report black op status...*static*...Harpoint shadow report black op status...*static*...Hardpoint one three nine is one way out of sixty that's...one point confirmed.
Zero niner zero one report containment status...*static*...Ghost tango do you read...*static*...Get fourteen nine assembled and reinforce ?? control
?? Containment zone, all remaining teams dispatch to delta eight...*radio bleep*...No, no.
Fallback and reinforce sector black four, Overwatch reports special ?? drop is inbound.
Warning primary target is engaged and, er...commanding full tactics with...biotics?...*radio bleep*...Repeat primary target has tactical C and C of biotics.
Control transport facility Nova Prospekt ?? backup, full biotic overrun.
Leader nine is de-serviced, ?? field promotion active.
Uh...Negative. No sector containment, no conformation on ?? one vector of what we have sector perimeter ??. Whats the ETA of that special drop?
To all reinforcement teams, deploy and prosecute sector delta seven ?? ...*static*...??
Scan for possible ??
All perimeter units displace to your ?? high points and prepare for final prosecution.
Team, slow down three ?? viscerators and sector ?? and advance for contact, we have biotics at the perimeter.
Ready weapons, possible hostiles inbound.
Report all positions clear.
Report all radials free.
Request medical!
Request stim dose!
Sector is...Not secure.
Sight line is clear.
Sky shield reports lost contact.
Stabilization team at sector control.
Stabilization team holding at position.
Stay alert, report sight lines.
Swarm outbreak in sector...
Target compromised! Move in, move in!
Target ineffective!
Team is deployed and scanning.
That's it! Wrap it up.
Visual on exogen.
Weapons off safe, prep for contact.
We are in an infestation zone.
We have free parasites.
We have non-tagged viromes.

Airwatch = helicopters?
Viscerators = man hacks?
"Bouncer! Bouncer!" Combine slang for hoppers?

Anyone have any idea what Sky Shield would be? And what is a boomer?

Very interesting once again! Not sure about the sky shield would be, but i'd guess the boomer being the anti-antlion 'thumpers' but combine slang again - because they do make that kind of BOOM noise on contact.

Very interesting once again! Not sure about the sky shield would be, but i'd guess the boomer being the anti-antlion 'thumpers' but combine slang again - because they do make that kind of BOOM noise on contact.

I thought thumpers were called local restrictors or some such.
Also I'll say it again; Airwatch is the airforce, helicopter and gunships and such, Airwatch augmentation forces refer to gunships so airwatch must just refer to any combine air units

Zero niner zero one report containment status...*static*...Ghost tango do you read...*static*...Get fourteen nine assembled and reinforce ?? control

Nice list again, and by the way, report "Zero Niner" was also used by HECU soldiers during Black Mesa Incident.

Yeah, sorry about that AJ, you did mention it before. I wonder if "Sky Shield" is a reference for the combine helicopter that supports Civil Protection while Gordon is running through the canals.

"Running low on verdicts, taking cover!" Verdicts = bullets...Very cool :)

Yeah, sorry about that AJ, you did mention it before. I wonder if "Sky Shield" is a reference for the combine helicopter that supports Civil Protection while Gordon is running through the canals.

Possible. My mind goes to the shield scanner, it's got the word shield in it but it is a really odd term for it so the helicopter is still more logical.

Maybe you should try checking the subtitles instead of listening to them all and typing them out?

Many thanks for this list and the other one too!

"Bouncer! Bouncer!" I believe is Combine slang for grenades that are thrown at them, or even from them.

The Sky Shield seems to me like it would be some sort of Anti Air device but there was never a chance in the game where that line would even make sense.

It's "Overwatch orders 3 cc stim boost."

So, each Overwatch trooper, in order to remain effective in combat, has to administer to himself three cubic centimeters of a stimulation booster.

Also, my take on the "Sky Shield" is, we need to find where it's used in-game. Grab the Hammers, gentlemen!

Maybe you should try checking the subtitles instead of listening to them all and typing them out?

I thought that at first, but after listening to them all it's apparent that there are large chunks of soundfile (the Nova Prospekt ones for example) with one word filenames - hence writing them all out.

I did it for my own benefit as I wanted to delve a little further into the mythology of the game. Instead of throwing my notes away I thought it would good to share what I had found out.

It's "Overwatch orders 3 cc stim boost."

Thanks Mikael, although I must stress these are my interpretations, I have no doubt other people will hear different things. Some of the radio chatter isn't very clear, hence the appearance of "??". If anyone else has any corrections, please feel free to share them with the group :)

"Bouncer! Bouncer!" I believe is Combine slang for grenades that are thrown at them, or even from them.
That's right, Bouncer is thier code for hostile incoming grenades but I guess the Combine code for their own grenades is Ripcord.

That's right, Bouncer is thier code for hostile incoming grenades but I guess the Combine code for their own grenades is Ripcord.

In combat, the soldiers use bouncer to identify enemy grenades, or their own grenades that they are throwing. Extractor, though, I believe they only use for their own grenades. And I've never heard them say 'ripcord' in combat.

I've never heard Overwatch use "Ripcord" in combat, but it's in the sound files...

Brilliant! Thanks a lot, i was wondering what the hell they were saying.

That's it! Wrap it up.

Hmmm. Strange. Overwatch soldiers still have some remnant of personality. But not as much as Civil Protection.

Yeah, er...roger we'll run standard uh...loyalty check procedure two forty three ?? over.

Whats the filename for the "Sky Shield"? Maybe that would clue us in as to where it is located.

My money is on the suppressor.

hl2 > sound > npc > combine_solider > vo > skyshieldreportslostcontact.wav
hl2 > sound > npc > metropolice > vo > cpbolforthat243.wav

...Nomad confirms restrictors back online, your sector shows antibiotics.

That last part is actually,
Nomad, get those restrictors back online, your sector shows active biotics.

These,
All perimeter units displace to your ?? high points and prepare for final prosecution.
Team, slow down three ?? viscerators and sector ?? and advance for contact, we have biotics at the perimeter.
To all reinforcement teams, deploy and prosecute sector delta seven ?? ...*static*...??
Are:

All perimiter units displace to internal high points and prepare for final prosecution.
Team sundown three, set viscerators in sector index-5 and advance for contact, we have biotics in the perimiter.
Drop reinforcement teams, deploy and prosecute sector delta seven. Contact confirmed with primary target. Target is nonmobile, hunter scan for possible accomplice.

Whats the filename for the "Sky Shield"? Maybe that would clue us in as to where it is located.

My money is on the suppressor.
That's what I thought too. I imagine that they might say that when the supressor is, uh... "supressing" near them (forgive me for stealing Barney's joke). Of course, those battles are really loud, and you wouldn't really have a chance to hear them, unless you were listening really closely. - Just a guess.

Target is nonmobile, hunter scan for possible accomplice.

Hunter-chopper you think? Or... hunter? I wonder where this is in the game. Inside pods in the citadel?

So, let's get this straight:

Airwatch: Gunships (e.g. Nova Prospekt PA)
Overwatch: Dispatcher and Command (.gcf files categorization)
Viscerator: Man-hack
Extractor: Grenade
Steriliser: Sentry turrets
??: Hunter Chopper
Exogen: Intruder

Biotics: Antlions
Necrotics: Zombies
Parasitics: Headcrabs

As for the Sky Shield... well... since it's said by CPs, it can be either from Route Kanal/Water Hazard or from Anticitizen One... my money's on the chopper.

And, unrelated, does anyone else find the "Sacrifice code" strenghtening confidence?

lockdownlocationsacrificecode, you mean that? It's all in the scripts folder, sentences.txt, it's all listed there...You could've saved a fcvkload of work with it^^ but I couldn't find 'boomer' and 'sky shield' isn't explicitly quoted.

It could be nice to link some of these to what they mean in-game (if anything). "Outbreak! Outbreak!" meaning only one soldier left, etc.

EDIT: Oops, should have checked page two... looks like we've already started!

Lads, lads, lets not fight!

I typed these all out for my benifit - If you want to slag off, slag away! - I posted these in case anyone else found them useful/informative.

I couldn't find anything exact in .txt files...I couldn't find a word for word comentary on these "Civil Proctestion Casts", so decided to list them myself and figure out what they were.

And if you listen, "W4d5Y", you'll find Sky Shield is mentioned. Not to mention "Boomer"...several other peeps can confirm that...

I believe that boomer refers to a dropship, from it's usage in Nova Prospekt.

Hmmm. Strange. Overwatch soldiers still have some remnant of personality. But not as much as Civil Protection.

CPs are still mostly human, the combine soldiers are full enhanced though and show no real personality, and by that I mean emotion. They still express phrases as if to show emotion but "thats a wrap" is a phrase that really can't be tied to personality. I have never heard that one used before though, but its been some times since I listened to the combine audio files.

What do the combine call Striders? And what are virotics?

That's what I am hoping for, script of combine radio.

p.s. oh=O=0

Brilliant! Thanks a lot, i was wondering what the hell they were saying.

Of course they do. Hence the need for "motivational speeches" by Breen (nova prospekt chapter)

But I think they got most of their memory erased, and I bet they don't even know how life was before the combine takeover.

Virotic is certainly a biotic, that turns anticitizens into...necrotics ;)
PS:'That's it! Wrap it up!' revers to...Shite, I can't find the scripts root! i think it was //player is dead or something like that...find out yourself...

What's a stalker? (I mean the codephrase designated to it.)

None. During in-game, the overwatch never acutally revers to the stalkers..not even Alyx.

When you first encounter an overwatch soldier sniper near the end of "We dont goto Ravenholm", when I played it sayed "Grenade!" not bouncer. Interesting.

I've noticed that. Overwatch snipers shout "Grenade!" Where as all other troops shout "Bouncer! Bouncer!"

correct...Also they say 'shit!', which is quite funny :D Though, I thought troops were more disciplinated than the hl1 grunts and didn't curse

When I saw bouncer I thought about the secondary fire of the OSIPR. But overwatch doesn't have access to that...

Anyone know what the combine call those?

No, but Alyx calls one a power core which is what I always call it.

The don't say shit, they say "SHI-*BOOM*"

I've never heard that! It sounds almost scripted rather than the chatter, due to the fact the sound of a explosion prevents the soldier from completing the offending word...

At which point did you hear this? Cheers.

Back