Paris Burning

The great thing about the internet is that you can't be sure if someones serious or not.

But FYI, I'm deadly serious.

Kirovman said:
From just about any category you can think of, there's criminals and there's arseholes. Whether it be rich or poor.

I generally don't like Rich people because generally Rich people have a higher chance of being snobbish arseholes who have no time for the lower classes.

Generally.

Fixed, just for you. :)

Solaris said:
The great thing about the internet is that you can't be sure if someones serious or not.

But FYI, I'm deadly serious.
:LOL:

Ok, whatever, kid communist.

:D

I kind of agree with Jandor, but I tend to find they're the people who're born into money, as opposed to those who have worked for it :)

ComradeBadger said:
:LOL:

Ok, whatever, kid communist.

:D

I kind of agree with Jandor, but I tend to find they're the people who're born into money, as opposed to those who have worked for it :)

Yeah, I'd agree with there's more chance of that if they're born into wealth.

But some people like Bill Gates, he said he's giving only $1 million US to each of his kids, and the rest goes to charity. The idea being if they can't earn money from $1 million, there's no point giving them more.

You sound like a buddy of mine, Solaris. Are you a stalinist?

SOOOO i hear they are buring stuff in Germany? Confirm/deny?

Yeah, it appears that way, check out the wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_civil_unrest_in_France

Possible spread to other countries

Belgium
On Sunday, November 6, the first possibly related incident outside France took place. Five cars were torched in Saint-Gilles, Brussels in Belgium. Belgian police considered it as an isolated case. [39] However, on Monday another five cars were torched in the region, as more were overturned and Molotov cocktails were thrown at the police. [40] In Liège, Sint-Niklaas, Brugge and even the rural community Dilbeek there were isolated events of car burning and Molotov throwing. [41] [42]

Germany
A number of arson attacks and other acts of vandalism possibly inspired by the riots in France have been committed in Berlin, Germany. Six cars were set ablaze in Bremen and Berlin on the night between 6 and 7 November. In the Moabit neighborhood of Berlin, five cars were set on fire. In Bremen, a caravan (camper) burned down. Police have not ruled out the possibility that those were copycat attacks related to those in France. [43],[44]

Denmark
A wave of arson in Aarhus in Denmark has occurred over the past week days. [45]

Spain
On Monday, November 7, twenty trash cans, five cars and a motorbike were torched in the city of Seville. Also some firefighters that were extinguishing the fire were injured by stones thrown by attackers. The subdelegate of the Spanish government in Seville considered it as an isolated case. [46] [47]

Man, this is not good, for both France, and for myself. I'm supposed to go on a school trip to Paris, Normandy and Brittany on the 27th of December and now if its cancelled, I loose everything. Sigh. (Hopes for peace)

Back