Paying for writing assignments, is it cheating you think?

ShadowArmy

Reaction score
So I am to understand that there are many sites out there where you can basically "buy" essays/papers that claim to be plagiarism free, etc (or get them custom). I have a hard time believing that it could not be considered cheating. But could it be no different from paying to get your oil changed, or paying someone to do your taxes?

I have a hard time believing that it could not be considered cheating. But could it be no different from paying to get your oil changed, or paying someone to do your taxes?

Yeah but you aren't being graded on your ability to change your own oil. It is cheating. And even if it wasn't, it's still a pretty stupid thing to do.

You're putting your name on the paper, which someone else wrote entirely, and claiming you actually wrote it. That's what plagiarism is - using another writer's idea(s) or work and calling it your own.

Its not technically cheating, but it is fraud, which is much more serious

No its not. In the modern day school system, everything depends on grades, and not whether you learned the required information or not. If you learned the information, what difference does it make if you saved yourself some time by having someone else write it. In some cases it may even be more representative of your knowledge on the subject because you may know loads of information about it and yet are unable to convey your knowledge appropriately through the essay. Frankly, its only cheating if your dont know the material, otherwise, its a logical and time saving investment.

Writers note: Dear Krynn72, The current balance on your account is $172.34. A minimum payment of 14.60 is due by September 23, 2009. Thank you for choosing Forum Poster Inc!

When the assignment requires you to write it, obviously, you write it yourself.

No its not. In the modern day school system, everything depends on grades, and not whether you learned the required information or not. If you learned the information, what difference does it make if you saved yourself some time by having someone else write it. In some cases it may even be more representative of your knowledge on the subject because you may know loads of information about it and yet are unable to convey your knowledge appropriately through the essay. Frankly, its only cheating if your dont know the material, otherwise, its a logical and time saving investment.

Except, you know, practicing actually works.

Of course it's not cheating!

GET YOUR ASSIGNMENT PAPERS HERE! I got what you need, every class, every possible essay subject!

Fraught with fear over your failing school year? Come on down to Razi's Ripoffs!

Absolutely cheating in the worst way. There is no justification. Take your F or your zero for that assignment and like it.

Awful analogy.

It would be like getting some sap to do your office work for you. And I'm not talking a secretary or anything either.

Why should the company pay you when you're not even doing the work. They should be paying that guy for the job. Same, why should the school reward you with good grades for not even doing the assignment yourself.

Of course it's cheating. It's not fair for the rest of us who can't afford to pay our way through class.

But seriously, it's blatant cheating as everyone else said. Personally I think it's a pretty dumb way to cheat as the person you're paying probably didn't even take your class.

Interestingly, copying the work of others in your class, which is even more blatantly cheating, happens all the time, especially on lab reports. It's like people at my (former) university had some kind of mindset passed on to them that this behavior was ok. You even get people who complain about people doing standard cheating but then turn around and copy someone else's lab report. Once my friend was working on (or I should say, not working on) a re-do on a lab report he failed, and asked me for my paper so he could cheat on his RE-DO. At first I was like, "uh-huh" and then I called him back and said "NO I can't give you my paper." But looking back on it, I really should have said, "NO you can't have my paper, you bastard. I can't believe you would cheat on a re-do that technically you're not even supposed to be allowed to submit in the first place. What the hell, man? Thanks for making class unfair for those of us who aren't cheating, asshole."

And I've found that the cheaters really are the arrogant gloating assholes in the class. I graded a class and let it slide that people copied homework solutions by marking off points instead of reporting them... then found out 2 years later how they got their hands on those solutions. It was sickening, and not reporting them still haunts me like my mark of shame (although I think a professor eventually caught them cheating on exams, which is worse and probably got them kicked out of the department. Yeah! *imaginary high-fives the prof* :D). Now I'm probably gonna become one of those mean bitter TA's who gives everyone 50's on homework. Once I heard that this mean professor I had used to be incredibly nice until his class cheated... and now I can see why.

In short, don't cheat :) It makes an ass out of you and me....

Oh come on, who deleted my terrible joke?

You put it in the creepy thread.

That's strange. I wasn't even reading that thread at all.

Anyway....

What did the gazelle say to the African predator before it unfairly ended its life?

"You damn Cheetah!"

HO HO HO HO HO HO HO.

HO HO HO HO HO HO HO.

I will write it for $10 a page double spaced.

"It's not cheating on my spouse if I pay someone for sex. It's like an oil change."

Come on. A 6 year old knows that if someone else does your school work it's cheating.

I say don't be a pussy and buy your essays on line, people here are just telling you otherwise because they're upset they didn't think of it first and wasted all that time studying and doing their own work.

So I am to understand that there are many sites out there where you can basically "buy" essays/papers that claim to be plagiarism free, etc (or get them custom). I have a hard time believing that it could not be considered cheating. But could it be no different from paying to get your oil changed, or paying someone to do your taxes?

I had to quote the whole thing to get the full effect of the LOL.

I was thinking the same thing, but it mystifies me that such sites can continue to exist. Unless its some sort of big cheat-sting operation.

I was thinking the same thing, but it mystifies me that such sites can continue to exist. Unless its some sort of big cheat-sting operation.
They can continue to exist because people like to cheat.

You pay for essays? Hah. I just turn in whatever this site generates. Straight A baby.

I payed 5 dollars for an essay online back in highschool once. The first paragraph was the only visible part and it seemed legit, then once I bought it it was a bunch of bullshit about santa claus.

Needless to say I learned my lesson. And a lot about santa.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying me to write an entry to the HL2.net short story competition for you!

I cannot imagine that an essay bought from a website would ever be any good at all whatsoever.

It's not even terribly hard to write essays.

Idiots, all of them.

And yes, it's definitely cheating. You're paying for and turning in someone else's work.

I actually got a really funny story that happened while I was in college about 2 years ago. Now just keep this story in mind when you try and take the easy way out by cheating.

My college had this 75 year old math "teacher" who was so horrible at teaching, the administration wished he would die. Well every test that we took, everybody would get horrible test scores. I remember getting like a grade of like 15 of 100 on these giant packets that were a test. Well he would tell us that if we took the test back and try and correct the wrong answers, we would get a higher grade. So what I was doing at the time was going to a math tutor on Saturdays to make sense of this guy. This math teacher and tutor didn't even know the answers to the guys questions. Nevertheless we went through the packet and corrected as many as we could and personally I felt like I could pass the test. After all I just got answers from a math teacher.

Later in the week when we were joking about our math teacher, Jason says "hey did anybody correct their test yet?" I then replied back with "yeah I actually did". He then asks if I can copy my answers and I didn't want him to because I had to actually take time out of my weekend to correct the test. I then throw out a silly idea that if he paid me, well then that would change things. He asked my offer and the group of us just started laughing and I was like "for real?" So I threw out I think $10, $15, $20 either one of those offers and he actually paid me and I used the money for gas. I also convinced him that my answers must be right because I had a math teacher on my side. So the next day when we went over the test and we found out that even if we got an answer right, it would be half points! :LOL: The kicker is that all my answers were all wrong and Jason got all angry. He called me out that I sold him answers but still got them wrong and the match teacher just laughed at him.

I managed to pass that course with a C even though I never passed a test but I stayed after class with him and really tried hard. I had to take him for physics in my senior year (that was horrible too). Then I had to take Trigonometry with some Chinese teacher and she is my favorite math teacher of all time so go figure (B+/A- grade I got in fact). My GPA hurt in college from that fart bag. Anyways the moral of the lesson is that you are taking real chances by cheating.

Back