Phishing vulnerability quiz

Would vulnerability include how likely you are to click on that link?

haha, I thought it was, especially since it was linked by tinyurl. The site looks like a legit McAfee site... and I should know lol :p

YOU ANSWERED 10 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY
Rating: Safety Guru

Nice work! Your practically clairvoyant knowledge of the Web allows you to spot even the most realistic looking spoofed sites. We're impressed!

But remember that even one misstep on a deceptive Web site can put your personal information at risk which could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site.

-------------------------

too easy.

6/10, but then again I don't use any of those sites.

LOL at the authentication scams asking for your social security number, though.

6/10, but then again I don't use any of those sites.

LOL at the authentication scams asking for your social security number, though.
Your social security number filters to XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

Watch; XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

Amazing!

10/10 ... They are as easy as they first appear, don't waste time looking too deep.

What a crap test, how the hell should I know I'm supposed to look for wonky grammar and bad logos. It's a bit condescending to think no scammer knows how to use verbs. And as far as I know there's no way to spoof an URL in the address bar, so that should always be enough to put you in the clear. Got 8/10 though.

Also, it should learn to PNG, JPG for those pics is ftl.

That's why it teaches you... This test was made to help potential phishbait.

lol?

On the assumption that by some law of nature scammers have to use wonky grammar? If that's all that protects you from getting scammed, you're in trouble when a phishing site uses proper grammar. I think that assuming the enemy is retarded is a dangerous approach to the problem.

seriously, if I were going to make a fake website, the first thing I'd do is make sure everything is spelled correctly, lol

They often don't, Ryan, as evident in this test.

Another 10/10! :p

A lot of phishers actually don't use too good of grammar... Probably because they don't speak English well or something.

It's just trying to help, ffs. No need to get angry.

Well, the majority that I've seen have been Russians, so it kind of makes sense that the English would be broken.

10/10 but I had real difficulty on the Amazon.com one.

And as far as I know there's no way to spoof an URL in the address bar, so that should always be enough to put you in the clear.
Might be worth pointing out here that it is, scarily, possible: http://www.securesphere.net/download/papers/dnsspoof.htm

If you fear you might be duped, then keep a record of the known, accurate IP addresses of the security-important sites you visit.

YOU ANSWERED 9 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY
Rating: Safety Guru

Nice work! Your practically clairvoyant knowledge of the Web allows you to spot even the most realistic looking spoofed sites. We're impressed!

But remember that even one misstep on a deceptive Web site can put your personal information at risk which could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

10/10, but I hardly think this demonstrates "clairvoyant knowledge of the web".

A lot of phishers actually don't use too good of grammar... Probably because they don't speak English well or something.

It's just trying to help, ffs. No need to get angry.

lol...

I think the results would be quite different if we all had our parents take the quiz :p

6/10, but I basically just ran through them. Took me like 2 minutes.. D:

YOU ANSWERED 10 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

I pwn at the internets.

What a crap test, how the hell should I know I'm supposed to look for wonky grammar and bad logos. It's a bit condescending to think no scammer knows how to use verbs. And as far as I know there's no way to spoof an URL in the address bar, so that should always be enough to put you in the clear. Got 8/10 though.

Also, it should learn to PNG, JPG for those pics is ftl.

The other point is to look at what information they actually need. You should never have to provide all your credit card information including billing address and the security code on the back of your card to retreive a pass. Plus, have you actually looked at the grammer from these people? I would say this test is dead on :LOL:.

7/ 10

Don't use any of those sites tho, so meh

7/10 as well. Half of the sites tested i don't use so i'm not to fussed

Test is broked. Images aren't displaying properly for me.

Edit: Did the test trying to answer everything wrong. 3/10. Which I guess means 7/10.
Rating: You're at risk!

Watch out! Your identity is a click away from being stolen! Your decisions would have landed you on many deceptive Web sites that would have put your personal information at risk. These sites pose serious security threats that could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site.

Back