Pope's Pedophilia Adviser Arrested for... Pedophilia

unozero

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2072613,00.html#ixzz1NXKgzXTK

This post is in partnership with Worldcrunch, a new global news site that translates stories of note in foreign languages into English. The article below was originally published in the leading Italian daily La Stampa.

(GENOA) — The latest sex-abuse case to rock the Catholic Church is unfolding in the archdiocese of an influential Italian Cardinal who has been working with Pope Benedict XVI on reforms to respond to prior scandals of pedophile priests.

Father Riccardo Seppia, a 51-year-old parish priest in the village of Sastri Ponente, near Genoa, was arrested last Friday, May 13, on pedophilia and drug charges. Investigators say that in tapped mobile-phone conversations, Seppia asked a Moroccan drug dealer to arrange sexual encounters with young and vulnerable boys. "I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues," he allegedly said. Genoa Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, who is the head of the Italian Bishops Conference, had been working with Benedict to establish a tough new worldwide policy, released this week, on how bishops should handle accusations of priestly sex abuse.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2072613,00.html#ixzz1Nbzq5HkW

OHHHH THE IRONY IT BURNNSSSS.

In all seriousness when will the Catholic Church stop having a free pass when it comes to horrid stuff like this?
OK I guess in this case someone was punished but I can't even imagine how many cases are being hushed.Which is happened many times before sadly and it seems on almost every fricking Continent./Country
AU,US,Greece,UK,Germany and even Malta!

What say you?

You couldn't write shit better than this.

Ok, so like... child abuse is ****ed up as it is, but...

Look for needy boys who have family issues,"

Just wow. If ever there were a slight chance that I could have come to accept the Catholic institution, this just destroyed all hope. Times like these I wish that the hell he clearly didn't truly believe in, existed.

Well he was obviously the best man for the job (responding to prior scandals of pedophile priests)

The church is f*cked up, who knew?

Carry On Father.

040carryoncleodm228x283.jpg

"Oooh, Father, how could you!?!"

The catholic church needs to be handing these guys over to authorities as quickly as possible. I mean...doing internal dragnet searches and handing em over pronto. Burning them at the stake, if you will.

I've a question: why are pedophiles in the church always after the boys?

I mean, who the hell wants 14 year old boys. Why not have 14 year old girls instead?

Because there's no such thing as an altar girl in the catholic church.

Also it lets them blame child rape on homosexuality. ****ing bigoted c***s.

I mean, who the hell wants 14 year old boys. Why not have 14 year old girls instead?

If they were logical they wouldn't be so high up in the church.

Because there's no such thing as an altar girl in the catholic church.

Actually there are altar girls. Lots of girls I went to school with were altar girls. None of them, as far as I am aware, experienced anything terrible like this. But then, neither did any of the altar boys I have known.

Still though. Catholicism is very ****ed up, in my opinion. I don't mind religion in general, but the Catholic institution makes me really annoyed, especially when I see how much power they still have here in Ireland.

priests are all sexually frustrated since they're not allowed to have sex at all.So because that goes against human nature they go after whats (lil altar boys) available and use their position of authority tor hush people up.

Well I'm sure the head of the DEA loves coke, too - just to be fair.

What a useful comparison!

Actually there are altar girls. Lots of girls I went to school with were altar girls. None of them, as far as I am aware, experienced anything terrible like this. But then, neither did any of the altar boys I have known.

Oh dang, my mistake. In that case I'm not really sure why they tend to show a disproportionate interest in boys.

Pederasty is alive, well and actively encouraged in the Catholic diocese.

They (the priests in question) relate to the young sexually ambiguous figure - reminds them of when they were boys and were able to be more open sexually. Those they abuse haven't gone through puberty to acquire stereotypical male attributes. They are punishing themselves (and their former selves) and getting off on it, it makes sense regardless of if they identify as homosexual (bodies of boys are considered effeminate in western society). Women are also far less likely to report sexual abuse, I'm sure there's been several cases in that direction as well - they just get shoved even further under the carpet.

So boys become the fetish, to sexually engage with a woman is the more pertinent idea of sin in their minds.

There's also the fact that many homosexuals born in strict Catholic families likely see fit to become priests because otherwise they'll be excommunicated, priesthood is a good excuse not to be demonized for not putting your penis in a loathsome vagina and living a contradictory lifestyle featuring an unsatisfying forced marriage. Combine that with the inability to express said sexuality and the same result is garnered. There's a whole ****ed up and profound psychology around it that I cannot even begin to explain here.

"I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues,"

Think about how abuse is often a legacy. How they're looking for kids as conflicted as they were as their sexuality developed.

Just goes to show that you can't trust anyone.

that *almost* makes the whole thing funny considering that HIV/AIDS is flaunted by some as Gods punishment for the wicked.

Whoa back the fun bus up, I'm not sure if anyone actually read the article or I'm misreading it. If I'm not mistaken, is the priest in question not the actual adviser, but within the church of the adviser to the Pope? Changes the context a little, and falsifies the title of the thread.

Still a terrible crime, and it's very much likely that the Pope's advisor had a hand in covering it up until the hatch was blown open.

Isn't it obvious why he was the Pope's Pedophilia adviser in the first place?

He was an expert in that field.

Like most catholic priests.

Back