Portal 2 delayed, E3 Surprise "Portal 2 Themed"

34e3lzc.jpg
Just joking, man :)

lolled :D

No they're not. Whenever they release Episode 3/HL3, you're all going to buy it anyway.

There's a point in every mans life when he has to put his games on the shelf. Graduating college, getting married. There's not a lot of room for games in older players.

But your right, I will probably still get it ;). But there is alot higher chance I wont along with other players as well.

There's a point in every mans life when he has to put his games on the shelf. Graduating college, getting married. There's not a lot of room for games in older players.
If you have to put your games away when you get married, you're doing marriage wrong.

Well I have more posts.
And you know what they say,
fne801.jpg

Man, Valve. You really like to get my hopes up, don't you?

If you have to put your games away when you get married, you're doing marriage wrong.

Hey I've had a girlfriend for 3 months & I've barely touched a game since. :naughty:

I don't see a riddle here. Valve were having a Portal 2 presentation, which they then cancelled in favour of a Portal 2-related surprise. You might not know exactly what the surprise is, but that's the point of it being a surprise. What you do know is that it's related to Portal 2. Valve have very specifically stated that, as well as saying it has nothing to do with Episode 3.

The problem isn't bad marketing on Valve's part, it's dumbass fans who will clutch at any straw, be it ever so tenuous, to connect anything to Episode 3.
If Valve released a statement that quite simply said "Portal 2" then there would be legions of morons that would dissect and overanalyse and end up reading it as "Episode 3"

Fact.

Hence why a lot of us (myself included) would like a straight, honest answer. Leaves little room for idiots who think Portal 2 News=Episode Three News.

Hence why a lot of us (myself included) would like a straight, honest answer. Leaves little room for idiots who think Portal 2 News=Episode Three News.

Okay, we have it on record with this post. You have no reason to ever say it again.

Portal 2 + Half-life 3 = Half-Portal 5????

Left4dead 2 was shown during the microsoft press conference correct? Microsoft conference is up first, so hopefully we will get some surprises from valve.

Is why I plan on marrying a gamer... Or at least turning my waifu into a gamer.

I've already got mine playing TF2 and a few xbox games. It's a prerequisite for us living together.

As for Valve, it's damn annoying that they wont give any straight info about the future of the Half-Life games but as has been said, you're all going to buy them they come out anyway so Valve doesn't really need to worry. Even if you dont the number of pissed people on forums like these compared to the number of causal gamers who are going to buy them makes a press release hardly worth their effort..... it still sucks

Even if you dont the number of pissed people on forums like these compared to the number of causal gamers who are going to buy them makes a press release hardly worth their effort..... it still sucks

As I said, of course people are going to buy the next HL game, there's no doubt about it. Throwing us a bone about the status of the HL franchise after all this time is a matter of respect and care, it's not for the sales.

so what day is the valve conference on?

They cancelled there conference a while back..... They said were going to anounce a suprise at E3 though and right now it's looking to be at EA's Conference.

Wasn't any Valve stuff at the EA conference, will probably have to wait until news from their booth comes in about 16 hours time or so.

Wasn't any Valve stuff at the EA conference, will probably have to wait until news from their booth comes in about 16 hours time or so.

Nope. It was all Sims 3 and Crysis 2. Rumor has it that Valve is showing up this evening between 5:00 and 7:00 LA time.

That's the time of the Ubisoft conference. I highly doubt they would premiere it during that.

Is someone from hl2net going to E3 will there be twitter tweets like last year?

Back