Portal 2 delayed, E3 Surprise "Portal 2 Themed"

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1276103461_p2.jpg
[br]In a new press release Valve has announced that Portal 2 has been pushed back until a 2011 release date, and the E3 surprise is pertaining to Portal 2.
Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.[br]Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.[br]"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.[br]To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD'S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's delegate to the EU's Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.
[br]Hopefully this will stop all the wild speculation and crazy rumors, though I did have hope for The Purple Box.

A little bit disappointed, but I kind of expected it..

I'm just glad they decided to end the hype.

Portal 2 pushed back to 2011? So we can expect to see it 2012 at the absolute earliest then.

It's all a ruse ....

Seriously though, Valve brought this on themselves. They always communicate through riddles, so nothing they say will be simply taken at face value.

Bad news, but IMO this makes the guys who say the surprise will be EP3 more likely to be right.

do valve even realise how pissed off we all are about their silence over EP3/HL3?

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Seriously though, Valve brought this on themselves. They always communicate through riddles, so nothing they say will be simply taken at face value.
Valve are actually quite s**t at marketing. The games hype themselves on reputation ......... then Valve have a go themselves & fook everything up! It's just a non stop barrage of teasers followed by huge dissapointments & delays. What kind of marketing campaign is that?!

Bad news, but IMO this makes the guys who say the surprise will be EP3 more likely to be right.

No, it'll just make their rage when they turn out to be wrong all the funnier.

Goddamn it! I had this fear in the back of my mind that it would miss the Holiday release, but I held onto the hope that it would make the release date. But looks like it got delayed, after all. Damn.

Valve’s just anounced that “making games is hard” – oh, and its delayed Portal 2 into next year.

I laughed hard at this. 2011 better be a goddamn incredible year for video games.

They're delaying it so they can work on Episode 3. Episode 3 for the Holiday Season!

ok bets are on then:

2:1 is the favourite for a trailer and nothing else
6:1 for a new release date
300:1 episode 3
301:1 half life 3/source engine 2

:p

PS: trust valve to release bloody left 4 dead on time but sequel to one of my favourite games of all time? noooo

sorry i'm a bit peeved, k? And i was never that big a fan of l4d either

ok bets are on then:

2:1 is the favourite for a trailer and nothing else
6:1 for a new release date
300:1 episode 3
301:1 half life 3/source engine 2

:p

PS: trust valve to release bloody left 4 dead on time but sequel to one of my favourite games of all time? noooo

sorry i'm a bit peeved, k? And i was never that big a fan of l4d either

hl3 or ep3 info at E3? not gonna happen

They are working on a Pink Box: Ricochet 2, Opposing Force 2, Episode Three, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 3, DOTA guy's game, Valve's RPG, Valve's MMORPG, expansion pack for Team Fortress 2, Source Engine 2, and remake of the original Half-Life.

Aw I was looking forward to L4D2 Episode One :(

So the purple box wasn't joking when it said delayed until 2011.

in other news the sky is blue,let me see again to check......yep still blue

"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.
lol..

I saw this coming, still kinda disappointed :(.

So they cancel the Portal 2 event and replace it by something "portal" themed. Something doesn't make sense here. They also let us hype this up for several days now. I'm guessing it's more than just information about portal.

they will have booth babes wearing orange jumpsuits.

We had some clues! It being valve n all.

Anyway...as Pi and I said many many times by quoting the original newspost, the surprise is portal 2 themed! The insanity of people drove digi and I into that purple world of trickery. You have only yourselves to blame.

As if anyone would ever buy that ugly nausea box. It wouldn't reach the 1 million mark. It's all about doing the incredible stupid instead of actually show some good marketing.

This is pretty stupid now, I was really hoping Valve could keep their on-time streak going from Left 4 Dead 2, especially for a game as potentially amazing as this, but never mind. Valve time strikes again!

Yeah, let's churn out sequels to secondary games like L4D or Portal, instead of creating a sequel the fans want. GG Valve.

I'm a patient guy, but this is like waiting to pop a cherry

So, from now until 2011 no release is planned. But we are not going to have 6 months of full silence, there's a world of teasing and leaked screenshots and rumors and so on. Our minds will blow. Keep calm, people. Keep calm.

Well Valve is is a big dissapointment this E3 from what I can tell. First off They crush the Halflife 3/Ep3 rumours even saying way back that they would possibly show off the game before the end of last year, and now they say the suprise is Portal related and go on to delay the game... Well thankyou Valve -.-.

They get people's hopes up by announcing a "surprise"... then reveal bad news by saying Portal 2 is delayed?! I think something else is in the works here under the surface, hopefully exciting news.

Yeah, let's churn out sequels to secondary games like L4D or Portal, instead of creating a sequel the fans want. GG Valve.

Because they're definitely just not working on HL at all, right?

damn I had enough .. come on is it so hard to tell "YEAH WE ARE WORKING ON IT" . That will be enough , but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . F**k hl franchise , the game that brought them fame and everything and ignore gamers ... way to go !

Back