Portal 2 Soundtrack Volume 1 Released

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
[br]The first part in a three part soundtrack has been released for Portal 2. Entitled "Songs to Test By," there are currently 22 songs available, with six ringtones, which can be downloaded here.[br] You can read the post concerning the soundtrack on the official Portal 2 blog here.

RINGTONES RINGTONES RINGTONES!

(Still has the radio loop from Portal 1 as his ringtone).

I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find where to insert money for this glorious soundtrack, but it's all free!

Also, the only problem with making these ringtones is not wanting to answer the phone because the song is playing.

22 songs, part one of three?

What the hell, I don't even remember that much music in the game. Let alone 3 CDs worth.

Why is GlaDOS giant-sized?

Alternatively...

Why is Chell miniature-sized?

Heh. I was planning on making
SPAAAAAACE
my text tone. Now I'll have a ring tone to go with it.

22 songs, part one of three?

What the hell, I don't even remember that much music in the game. Let alone 3 CDs worth.

All those little tunes that played when you interacted with Propulsion Gel, Aerial Faith Plates, etc?

Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory, brilliant! :D

Man, all the dialogue in Portal 2 really made me miss out on some of this epic music, although I had it on full volume. Awesome work Mike Morasky!

Well I listened to all of it. Some of it was pretty good and really innovative... other stuff was kind of just annoying.. but decent overall. I don't recognize a lot of it though even though it's supposed to be from the game...

Also, why didn't they include the song that was on the Rattman den radio? I guess it will be on the future volumes... but I kind of wanted to hear it all when I'm not more motivated to go solve the puzzle.

Fave track on first play: I Made It All Up. Luvverly.
This, the hint of a follow-up (Volume 2) and free DLC this summer. Bless you, Valve!

All those little tunes that played when you interacted with Propulsion Gel, Aerial Faith Plates, etc?

Yes I remember those. How many could there possibly have been? And those were just like little loops, how can they make a normal length song out of that? Enough to fill 3 CDs? It just doesn't make sense to me. Of course I haven't listened to the CD yet, so whatevs.

I hope in a future volume the full version of the opera is released.
Mike isn't sure if they will do that, considering a full thing wasn't recorded and then would need to get Ellen back in to do it. I think the music is there though and enough people want it. Hopefully that will twist his arm.

May as well mention you can listen to the Mike Morasky interview on Podcast 17 (which I dropped in on) where he talks about everything musical at Valve (like that scrubs episode...kind of). http://www.podcast17.com/interviews/audio/mike-morasky/

Awesome, its pretty long though, probably because every chamber had a new song. Part 1 is the stuff in Act 1, Part 2 is act 2, and part 3 is act 3. Its awesome though. The ringtones are a nice extra. Did I mention that its Free?

My favo(u)rites are:
I Saw a Deer Today
The Friendly Faith Plate
and Science is Fun

Mike isn't sure if they will do that, considering a full thing wasn't recorded and then would need to get Ellen back in to do it. I think the music is there though and enough people want it. Hopefully that will twist his arm.

May as well mention you can listen to the Mike Morasky interview on Podcast 17 (which I dropped in on) where he talks about everything musical at Valve (like that scrubs episode...kind of). http://www.podcast17.com/interviews/audio/mike-morasky/

Honestly, if they have to bring back Ellen for that, they could sell the song for 99 cents and probably make a huge profit. I know I'd shell out a dollar for the full version

that's great, but what i really like is the cover! looks awesome :D

The Courtesy Call track is pressing all my buttons, wahey!

From far away the album art looks like it might be Glados up close and Chell far away, but the light from Glados is kind of shining on Chell it appears so I don't know.

In case anyone was wondering, I realy like The Friendly Faith Plate. I don't think I've heard a song like it before at all.

Yes I remember those. How many could there possibly have been? And those were just like little loops, how can they make a normal length song out of that? Enough to fill 3 CDs? It just doesn't make sense to me. Of course I haven't listened to the CD yet, so whatevs.

Some of those, if you listen to them, actually were quite long. The Hard Light song, for example, comes out at about 2:45. I believe it, since I was always hearing something else when I was on one of them.

And it looks like the Faith Plates had a similar length, just in case someone made a custom map and had you jumping from faith plate to faith plate for three minutes.

You know someone's going to have to do that now.

That will be cd 3 and 4 :D, just kidding.
Bleh the ringtones are shortend version of the songs, I just put the full lenght to my cell memory card and select them like that :D (8Gigs 4 the win)

Yeah, I don't get why 'ring tones' still exist as something to download/sell. Anyone can shorten a song themselves in almost any audio app. It's not hard.

Ring tones back in the day that were like midi tones actually needed to be downloaded because not everyone can just compose one of those.

Back