Portal 2 To Have Two Ending Credits

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Valve's Chet Faliszek has revealed to [url="http://www.videogamer.com/news/portal_2_will_have_two_end_credit_sequences.html" ]Videogamer[/url] that Portal 2 will feature two different ending credits and that both will have 'something special' appear in them.[br]
"Both sets of credits [will feature something special], because we've got two credits," said Faliszek."So we had to do something twice as amazing."
Two endings with something akin to Still Alive in them? I'm sold.

can't wait i just hope i'll be able to figure out what i have to do to get one ending than another one to play though the game again

Way to write a misleading thread.
Portal 2 will feature two end credit sequences - one for the single-player and one for the co-op campaign

I sense the longawaited Half-Life-Portal tie-in.

that's probably the most hyphens I've ever used in a serious sentence.

Tie-in? It's already obviously set in the same universe. Or do you mean some sort of obvious cross over? Because Portal 2 takes place centuries after Half-Life.

Interesting idea. And will be interesting to see what the 'something special' is. Let the speculation begin!!

I'm glad it doesn't have two endings in the way we all expected. I don't think that would be so good for sequel / halflife tie-in material..

Would everyone stop being so dense about half-life tie ins? They have explicitly stated that the series have diverged. Portal 2 is no longer relevant to the Half-Life series, as evidenced by the fact it's set 200 FRIGGIN' YEARS IN THE FUTURE.

Edit: And looking up I see this point has already been made. Oh well.

¬_¬ Whats this talk of me cocking up all about?

Aw, I was hoping for alternate endings :(

¬_¬ Whats this talk of me cocking up all about?
Just a little bit of ambiguity, you can't tell that the two credits don't refer to alternate endings in the single player campaign but rather endings for both the sp and co-op campaigns until you read the article. Mind you, just about everyone would have assumed the latter, but the ambiguity's still there.

Tie-in? It's already obviously set in the same universe. Or do you mean some sort of obvious cross over? Because Portal 2 takes place centuries after Half-Life.

I know that it's in the same universe; yeah I was referring to a direct crossover

Would everyone stop being so dense about half-life tie ins? They have explicitly stated that the series have diverged. Portal 2 is no longer relevant to the Half-Life series, as evidenced by the fact it's set 200 FRIGGIN' YEARS IN THE FUTURE.

Edit: And looking up I see this point has already been made. Oh well.

Valve works in mysterious ways....

actually now that I've realised it was reffering to the credits sequence I'm thinkin' a EP3 trailer hidden at the end a la ending of episode one :D

Does anyone remember the trailer for Episode Two at the end of Episode One? I'm calling that we'll see a trailer for Episode Three/Half-Life 3 at the end of the credits.

EDIT:
it was reffering to the credits sequence I'm thinkin' a EP3 trailer hidden at the end a la ending of episode one :D
I've been beaten to the punch, but this.

I sense the longawaited Half-Life-Portal tie-in.

that's probably the most hyphens I've ever used in a serious sentence.
By the way to clarify for the 400th time, Valve said: WE ARE MOVING AWAY FROM THE HALF-LIFE + PORTAL CONNECTION IN PORTAL 2.

So no, please stop with this silly conjecture. It is getting tiresome.

I'm gonna hate it if they do something like Still Alive. Still Alive is sooooo 2007.

By the way to clarify for the 400th time, Valve said: WE ARE MOVING AWAY FROM THE HALF-LIFE + PORTAL CONNECTION IN PORTAL 2.

So no, please stop with this silly conjecture. It is getting tiresome.
I sense this may just be a distraction of sorts- Gabe previously said that they had big plans concerning the relationship between chell and soem half-life characters.

Oh god. No, please don't do that. It's as bad as everyone thinking that the Portal 2 teaser stuff Valve put into Portal was about Episode 3, even when Valve clearly stated that it wasn't.

This whole "well, they would say that, wouldn't they?" *wink wink* thing is...phenomenally stupid. If Valve said they're moving away from the HL/Portal connection, then that's what they're doing. It's not a bluff, or misdirect.

Or is it?

I'm certain most of these people who refuse to listen are also the same people who see Jesus in toast.

I think the supermods+ know all the details of HL3. It's the only explanation that's plausible.

On topic, this is...expected.

Episode 3 has been unlocked on our Press Master accounts since like 2009 bros.

Or is it?

I'm certain most of these people who refuse to listen are also the same people who see Jesus in toast.

jghffgkjk.gif

Hey idk if anyone has noticed but i think the 2 diff endings refer to the singleplayer campaign ending with Chell, and the Co-op ending with the robot test subjects

I use to get excited like some of these people thinking this game has a connection with half-life3 or there will be a trailer or this or this is it, half-life 3!

I have come to reality with valve, there will be no half life connection, there will be no trailer, this game is not half-life. Half-life will not be coming out for years. It of course eventually will, but so did sc2..... 10 years later...

Back