Portal 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/05/portal-2-revealed-as-cover-of-next-game-informer/

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/03/05/april-cover-revealed.aspx

http://gameinformer.com/mag/portal2.aspx

OMFG!!! I knew it was coming and yet I still creamed myself :D

4721.portalwrap2.jpg

Kind of an anticlimax that this gets out before the whole progress bar thing is even finished.

**** yeah!!!! :D

now where is my EP3 :angry:

Before Episode 3? Bring it on! :D

The Aperture Science Button looks much more detailed, and the Companion Cube's shadow looks great. So who thinks these are in-game shots? I am of the opinion that Portal 2 will be running Source Engine 3.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3559/

it's coming THIS year, THIS YEAR!!!! **** YES!!! :D

EDIT: another puzzle guys

all the underlined letters spell out "drattmannh0nee"

to anagram websites!! GO!

EDIT 2: I can make out "ratman" in the puzzle which was the name of the guy from the first who left the graffiti messages :O

Portal 2 Announced

QeBdX.jpg

0z7fT.jpg

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/03/05/april-cover-revealed.aspx

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3559/

Valve said:
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike and Half-Life) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Portal 2 for shipment this coming holiday season.

Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Portal, which won 70 industry achievement awards.

The underlined characters in Valve's press release form a new BBS login.

Woo, Portal 2 :)

Yep looks good. seems like maybe a more outdoor enviroment? looks like a forest. But where the heck is EP3?!!!!

They announce Portal 2 but not EPISODE 3? WHERE IS HALF LIFE?!!

Awesome! It looks like this will be a full length game too!!

STFU Born2kill. I am glad Valve isn't releasing another L4D. This is great news.

Agree in some degree. Portal was amazing but woow they announce portal 2....and not EP3?!

Actually this is kind of better. We at least have a non L4D game to tidy us over until EP3 comes out. I am pretty sure Valve threw us a bone like this so that waitinf dor EP3 becomes tolerable.

Actually this is kind of better. We at least have a non L4D game to tidy us over until EP3 comes out. I am pretty sure Valve threw us a bone like this so that waitinf dor EP3 becomes tolerable.

This. I'd rather have a full length game than one tacked on with Ep3. It also gives Valve a chance to show off some new technology that could potentially be used for Ep3.

I want to start taking bets on them announcing Left 4 Dead 3 before Episode 3.

Excellent, now I hate Portal even more. Sucker game. Bring on Episode Three not this shit!!!

God, shut up you ****ing 2010ers. Portal is a great game, and I'm perfectly happy with it instead of EP3.

I agree with Morgan! Both would be nice, but I'm damn happy with just this :)

Seriously. You guys should be happy just to get mere textual news about Portal 2.

This is great news. I always felt that portal was a tad short and over rather fast, and had the obvious repetetive environment (off course you break away from the test course and things got interesting). Given that they've dedicated a 12 page spread, there must be a variety of gameplay and environments to talk about.

Has the progress bar actually reached 100 yet though?

Wow, Half Life fanboys are ****ing annoying.

Excellent, now I hate Portal even more. Sucker game. Bring on Episode Three not this shit!!!

*facepalm*

Please...are we gonna get a retarded boycott on Portal 2 now?

Portal f**king rocks. If you don't share this feeling, why are you posting in the Portal threads? Stop your bitching.

great news about portal, I share same feelings it explains the hl2:epi3 delay, valve must of been very busy on this, don't want to dwall the episode 3 stuff but to people who are wondering about it, i think portal 2 and the recent left 4 dead 2 is clear evidence of no real progress on episode 3 :( valve clearly been busy on these 2 projects. As much as i love to see valve branching out into new titles I think they need to acknowledge to fans whats going on, it really would just stop this consistant speculation or anger over episode 3, find it a bit childish way valve are handling half life 2 now. most companys would just admit whats happened to project by now its not like its few months over due its 6 years overdue.

anyway portal 2 def be buying this as i didnt buy l4d 2 mostly as steam is over priced

First things first, let me nitpick..
As much as i love to see valve branching out into new titles I think they need to acknowledge to fans whats going on, it really would just stop this consistant speculation or anger over episode 3, find it a bit childish way valve are handling half life 2 now.
You're an idiot. How are Valve handling this childishly? The last episode (2) had a terribly inaccurate trailer and concept art, which they didn't follow at all, leaving people confused. They're just leaving us blindfolded until they feel the game is close enough to completion. This way, they don't upset everyone with a delay, they just say "Sorry, nope" whenever someone asks.[/QUOTE]
most companys would just admit whats happened to project by now its not like its few months over due its 6 years overdue.
anyway portal 2 def be buying this as i didnt buy l4d 2 mostly as steam is over priced
You're an idiot (again).
Episode 3 is not 6 years overdue, you dolt. HALF LIFE2 came out in what, 2004? 2006? Were this episode 6 years overdue, it would have to have a release date of 2004. Learn your basic maths before trying to make a point please =).
Nothing has "Happened" to EP3, they're just not done, or finalized on ideas, plus, they have to branch out, too (Portal 2, for example).

Well, I was wrong about Portal 2 not being released this year

But I was right that they'd be announcing something at GDC.

To those of you thinking that Valve isn't paying attention to fans and ignoring Ep:3...

1. Shut up.
2. You are being unappreciative dolts.
3. Portal received more acclaim than any other Orange Box title, if I am correct.
4. Hey, I said shut up.
5. PORTAL 2 F**K YEAH!!!

Since Portal is a part of the Half-Life universe, playing Portal 2 will bring some revelations regarding the storyline, thus making the wait for Episode Three a tiny bit less painful.

I am excited about Portal 2. As a matter of fact, I like the Portal franchise more than H-L. But please guys, stop insulting each other. If people complain about the lack of information about Ep3, and they do it politely, let them do it and keep this forums free and civilized.

...aaaaaand, there will be an Episode Three trailer at the end of Portal 2! :p

Some more of that Ratman stuff would be cool. I liked exploring all the crazy sh!t he wrote on the walls in Portal.

Back