Post your most loved film quote

Kamikazie

Tank
Reaction score
No matter what movie, what scene, what quote; if it's your favorite post it here. Even if you have more than one (which I hope that you do) they go here. It's simple, all you have to do is post the quote, who says it and what movie, tv show or any other moving picture reference you can think of.

I'll start with a recent addition to my favorites list.

"Y'see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little...push." Joker, The Dark Knight

From Pulp Fiction.

"English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?"

From Bender's Big Score:

"I'm sciencing as fast as I can!"

From Apocalypse Now:

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory. "

- Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore

Patrick Bateman:
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and
the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference
toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better
world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape,
but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and
I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling.
This confession has meant nothing.

Patrick Bateman:
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me:
only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake
my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are
probably comparable... I simply am not there.

From Leon:

1143102017528kh4.gif

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.
- Roy Batty, Blade Runner

WHERE WE'RE GOING WE WON'T NEED EYES!
- Jurassic Park paleontologist in Event Horizon, speaking to Morpheus :D

"Listen! Do you smell something?"
Ray, Ghostbusters.

Anything Clint.

And "Why so serious?" Joker Dark knight.

After watching The Shining:

“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” Jack Torrance The Shining

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

- Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now

I hated when they went into the dialogue of them saying that back and forth.

Obviously we are in disagreement then.

"Make like a tree, and GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!" - Tourettes bartender from Boondock Saints

"**** off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns" Tyler Durden Fight Club

Obviously we are in disagreement then.

"Make like a tree, and GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!" - Tourettes bartender from Boondock Saints

Ooh! Same like without "the ****". Biff, Back to the Future.

And while I'm thinking about BTTF:

Doc Brown from Back to the Future said:
I foresee two possibilities. One, coming face to face with herself 30 years older would put her into shock and she'd simply pass out. Or two, the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

That one may not be one of my very favorites, actually, but it still makes me smile every time I hear it.

"I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be." - Joel Barish "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

"Soylent Green is people!" - Det. Robert Thorn "Soylent Green"

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on." - Fred Jung "Blow"

"The only thing worse than a favor is a favor involving money." - Mark "Garden State"

"Listen, I know you don't smoke weed...I know this. But I'ma get you high today. 'Cause it's Friday...you ain't got no job...and you ain't got shit to do!" - Smokey "Friday"

Any many more...

"To serve man! It's a cookbook Ray, a cookbook!" Twilight Zone

Can't remember the characters' names though

TheDarkKnightTheJoker2.jpg

"How about a magic trick?"

(actually more like "Here's my card" for the photo, but whatever)

"I am, sir, entirely at your... disposal." - Sweeney Todd

Alas, I don't think that line made it into Burton's movie. Oh well, if you're gonna watch Sweeney Todd, watch it for real.

Anything by Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder.

"You don't wanna suck dick at ****ing pussy." - Superbad

Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both? -Tony Stark
Ironman

I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS ****ING COUCH!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
From V for Vendetta. I love pretty much all V's lines.
Also:
Who, who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.

"Get your ass over here Morgan!"
"Ass en route."

Dexter Season 1

Frank: Morton once told me I could never be like him. Now I understand why. Wouldn't have bothered him, knowing you were around somewhere alive.

Harmonica: So, you found out you're not a businessman after all.

Frank: Just a man.

Harmonica: An ancient race. Other Mortons will be along, and they'll kill it off.

Frank: The future don't matter to us. Nothing matters now - not the land, not the money, not the woman. I came here to see you. 'Cause I know that now, you'll tell me what you're after.

Harmonica: ...Only at the point of dyin'.

Once upon a time in the West

Youtube in context towards the end:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHYL2Wowak&feature=related

The African Queen (1951)

"By the authority invested in me by Kaiser Wilhelm II, I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution."

From Zoolander, the best thing mankind created ever.

-Who's winning the match?
-Whats is this, a school for ants??

Mine isn't exactly a film quote as it's from The Wire, but still. I can't think of anything right now I really like from a film, though I know there are hundreds.

''World goin' one way, people another'' - Poot

You left a bit out, mother****er.

Back