prepare to rage.....

unozero

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yuPvUHsx1Y

This seems to a problem all over world.Why isn't that seemingly nice people that happen to caretakers seem to succumb to this urge of abusing patients?
Frustration? That's the only thing I can think considering how wide spread this problem is they become so frustrated with not really being to actually "cure" a disability of the patient that they start taking out their frustration on them patients themselves...I think.

edit: after watching part 2 and 3 I think these bastards are just having fun with these poor souls...horrible.

Saw an article on this earlier today. The sad part was that as much as I thought it was foul, I wasn't surprised by it. :/

I watched the whole thing, its 4 parts in total. I nearly broke down in tears in some parts, especially when the parents watched the footage of their children being beaten like that. Those caretakers were quite literally torturing the patients. Not just beating them, restraining them or taunting them or mocking them, but torturing them. When they threw water on that lady and locked her outside in near 0 degree weather, and only let her in when he started shaking, and then repeated that a few more times in the same day, I was just blown away. Those people should be arrested and locked in jail for years. I'm not even exaggerating, here in the US what they did could classify as torture and they could receive up to 5 years in prison, and thats probably going to be increased to between 4-15 years in the near future. The people at that facility deserve nothing less than significant jail time.

The scary thing is that this place is by no means the only corrupt institution of it's kind. There are so many horrid retirement homes / mental hospitals / homes for the mentally disabled / half-way houses / drug rehab centers. It's always horrifying and sad to find out about them. Hell, just the fact that they exist =\.

Sadly the only sure way to prevent this is to pay higher wages and attract better people, but thats never going to happen.

Man, I was already angry, then I watched this, now i'm ****ing shaking with rage. God, the human race makes go ****ing apeshit. I'm only 3 minutes in and I want to put my fist through my monitor.

Will need to watch this when I get home.

EDIT: "Suffocate on your own fat."

Wait a minute I didn't think we had some of you guys working there!

Personally I blame the privatization of the care service. We need a national care service to rival the NHS.

I watched the whole thing, its 4 parts in total. I nearly broke down in tears in some parts, especially when the parents watched the footage of their children being beaten like that. Those caretakers were quite literally torturing the patients. Not just beating them, restraining them or taunting them or mocking them, but torturing them. When they threw water on that lady and locked her outside in near 0 degree weather, and only let her in when he started shaking, and then repeated that a few more times in the same day, I was just blown away. Those people should be arrested and locked in jail for years. I'm not even exaggerating, here in the US what they did could classify as torture and they could receive up to 5 years in prison, and thats probably going to be increased to between 4-15 years in the near future. The people at that facility deserve nothing less than significant jail time.

I just finished watching the video. I am horrified and I just know that this sort of stuff is also basically institutionalized here in the states as well. I've seen some documentaries, less extensive than this though, about facilities in the USA.

What I have to ask is, why the **** are the carers simply suspended? Why are they "launching an investigation"? Can't they ****ing use a lot of the footage as evidence? You're not going to find anything more candid than that as evidence against the ones involved... that's the cream of the crop. So why aren't they charged with crimes and forced through a fine mesh screen? They'll be so lucky.

when I finished watching the whole thing last night I had trouble sleeping.How horrible it must have been for those parents that had to see the footage of the torture.

Indeed, seeing the parents watch the footage was the worst bit of those videos, I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to see their child being treated like this. I fully believe that the staff in the video deserve jail time, and hope the incident sparks more investigation into potential abuse cases (wishful thinking, I know).

I also can't imagine having to go undercover at the hospital and trying not to get my cover blown. There were so many situations where he could've stepped in, but didn't. That would tear me apart, having to stand by while this is happening and do nothing.

Back