Princess Jen...The Repercussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarus

Reaction score
Seems he is not only DeathSeeker, but our very own RakuraiTenjin

Well, it's nice that he decided to break some laws. So due to that fact that he fraudulently received money, and has now crossed the line into harassment of this forum/site, we will be taking legal action against him. So if you were a person to give money to him, please e-mail me at [email protected] and you will be contacted for further information about his actions.

Wow, yes fraud sucks. I hate those charities posing ...as charities. Then you give them 20cents only to find out they were funding some millionaires lifestyle.

Deathseeker CURSE YOU!!!

Wow, this is amazing, i never thought anything like this could happen. What with the harrassment and the fraud and all. Its pretty damn sad

Damn they closed the thread...and it was so close to 100. :( Oh well I hope he gets sent to court!

God I can't wait to read the Icarus' blog on this little thing.

He and all his accounts have been banned. Also not just the IP he is using, but the entire range, I also deleted all his threads

Whoa, some people actually sent him money? You gotta be kidding me... I have to doubt this or else I'll lose hope in humanity... Well, atleast the 'man' part of humanity.

YES! YES! YES!

Sweet justice for all. My faith in certain parts of mankind is renewed. Hallellujah!

Get that bastard, get that bastard good!

P.S. All i care is that he was a a-hole and will now (hopefully) get his comeuppance.

They sent him money? :| I don't care what you thought you were doing, that's just stupid thinking.

Icarus said:
He and all his accounts have been banned. Also not just the IP he is using, but the entire range, I also deleted all his threads

Using the tactical nuke are we? :p

The forums have officially gone to hell...or perhaps they went a while ago and I only just noticed

Well, at least no-one is going to complain about the mundane political threads ever again.

Maybe we can book him for attempted robbery too.
A citizen arrest-type deal. :p

Oh yes, like something huge is going to come out of this?
I'm sorry, but, someone posing as a girl on an internet forum and getting PayPaled money because the said person is a loser is "fraud?" The person who PayPals the money is an idiot, plain and simple. You need to realize when someone's having fun at other's expense. Taking legal action against DeathSeeker is both completely over reacting and downright sad. While I appreciate your efforts to uphold the law here, Icarus, this isn't real life, it's a gaming forum. These people didn't molest or harass anyone in any way other than PMs (I use both the words loosely, as I doubt anything lude has been said to anyone PAST DeathSeeker), and repeated posts showing how sad they are (I've not seen anything EXCEPT posts that basically sucked up to Death when he posed as a girl, and subsequent posts sucking up to any girls on this site). To take legal action against such a thing is both retarded and short sighted. Have fun, though. I doubt anything will come of it. If someone was making attempts to harass these girls in any way in REAL LIFE, I'd be supportive of this, however, as I've seen it, this is not the case. Personally, it sounds like your moderatorship has gone straight to your head. But hey, if Ritz/bliink/any other REAL girl here ever felt harrassed, threatened or otherwise compromised by anyone making such statements to them, I'll admit that's downright wrong.

Having said all that, DeathSeeker did nothing to permit legal action taken against him. If someone harrassed one of our legit female members to a point of fear/illegality, by all means, take action against them. Not DeathSeeker.

This site has gone downhill. I think it's dead, and time for me to move on. Too much drama, too much ego; this site is no longer what it was. It's something different.. something.. that's no longer a fun place to be. It's too congested now, and is taken far too seriously.

Shuzer said:
This site has gone downhill. I think it's dead, and time for me to move on. Too much drama, too much ego; this site is no longer what it was. It's something different.. something.. that's no longer a fun place to be. It's too congested now, and is taken far too seriously.

Quoted for emphasis

Shuz, how would you feel if someone snatched 20 bucks out of your wallet? That's essentuially what this freaky pedophile did.

It's not ego or any shit like that. A crime has been commited.

Speaking of which, I wonder how much these idiots sent him...seriously. It's just stupid. :|

Shuzer said:
Oh yes, like something huge is going to come out of this?
I'm sorry, but, someone posing as a girl on an internet forum and getting PayPaled money because the said person is a loser is "fraud?" The person who PayPals the money is an idiot, plain and simple. You need to realize when someone's having fun at other's expense. Taking legal action against DeathSeeker is both completely over reacting and downright sad. While I appreciate your efforts to uphold the law here, Icarus, this isn't real life, it's a gaming forum. These people didn't molest or harass anyone in any way other than PMs (I use both the words loosely, as I doubt anything lude has been said to anyone PAST DeathSeeker), and repeated posts showing how sad they are (I've not seen anything EXCEPT posts that basically sucked up to Death when he posed as a girl, and subsequent posts sucking up to any girls on this site). To take legal action against such a thing is both retarded and short sighted. Have fun, though. I doubt anything will come of it. If someone was making attempts to harass these girls in any way in REAL LIFE, I'd be supportive of this, however, as I've seen it, this is not the case. Personally, it sounds like your moderatorship has gone straight to your head. But hey, if Ritz/bliink/any other REAL girl here ever felt harrassed, threatened or otherwise compromised by anyone making such statements to them, I'll admit that's downright wrong.

Having said all that, DeathSeeker did nothing to permit legal action taken against him. If someone harrassed one of our legit female members to a point of fear/illegality, by all means, take action against them. Not DeathSeeker.

Yeah, I'm about to use the HL2Fallout boards as my source of info, resources and helpful / intriguing chit-chat if this is what goes on here.

Mechagodzilla said:
Shuz, how would you feel if someone snatched 20 bucks out of your wallet? That's essentuially what this freaky pedophile did.

It's not ego or any shit like that. A crime has been commited.

How would I feel if someone snatched $20 from my wallet? Pissed off and violated.

How would I feel if I gave a guy dressed up as a girl $20 because I'm a loser who has nothing better to do than suck up to a girl? Humiliated.

MadHatter said:
Yeah, I'm about to use the HL2Fallout boards as my source of info, resources and helpful / intriguing chit-chat if this is what goes on here.
Yeah i think i might move there, or over to *************, at least they have some sense of humour. And most threads are interesting compared to all this political babushka

This is a serious matter, and if you want to discuss the 'downfall' of HL2.net, do it somewhere else.

Icarus said:
This is a serious matter, and if you want to discuss the 'downfall' of HL2.net, do it somewhere else.

Regarding your IM, I didn't miss any of it. I read most of the topic, but it degraded after awhile, and I gave up on it. I'm not seeing how this is as serious as you make it out to be. Please explain what DeathSeeker did to deserve any "legal action" taken against him. I'm not talking about ANYONE else here, I'm talking about DeathSeeker.

Maybe other members (ie. Allievation, or whatever his name was) have done their bit of harrassment for the night, and maybe they deserve something done to them. But I've yet to see why DeathSeeker deserves any of which you speak of. He didn't force anyone to PayPal him, and do you even know if he DID get PayPaled?

I knew it was a fake. I can't believe the people actually gave him money though :O

Shuzer said:
Regarding your IM, I didn't miss any of it. I read most of the topic, but it degraded after awhile, and I gave up on it. I'm not seeing how this is as serious as you make it out to be. Please explain what DeathSeeker did to deserve any "legal action" taken against him. I'm not talking about ANYONE else here, I'm talking about DeathSeeker.

well for one he used multiple accounts and identities.. which is a no-no around here and well he logged in using other accounts after being banned.. and if u take that a step further, this can be seen as harrassing a community and therefore, if nothing else then at least he can be reported to his ISP and the staff here can request the ISP to take care of the situation in whatever way they usually handle such situations.

anyway i am not too savvy on the law part but i have been a part of a community in which a user got reported to his ISP as i described above and i imagine the same can be done with this Death person

Dr. Freeman said:
well for one he used multiple accounts and identities.. which is a no-no around here and well he logged in using other accounts after being banned.. and if u take that a step further, this can be seen as harrassing a community and therefore, if nothing else then at least he can be reported to his ISP and the staff here can request the ISP to take care of the situation in whatever way they usually handle such situations.

anyway i am not too savvy on the law part but i have been a part of a community in which a user got reported to his ISP as i described above and i imagine the same can be done with this Death person

Most of which Icarus threatened is against the site policy, not against the law. Evading bans and creating multiple accounts even AFTER being banned is hardly against the law. He didn't even harass anyone, he just led people on. He proved a point. I just want to know why Icarus thinks threatening someone who's really done no harm with legal action is the right thing to do. It's BS, IMO.

Shuzer said:
Most of which Icarus threatened is against the site policy, not against the law. Evading bans and creating multiple accounts even AFTER being banned is hardly against the law. He didn't even harass anyone, he just led people on. He proved a point. I just want to know why Icarus thinks threatening someone who's really done no harm with legal action is the right thing to do. It's BS, IMO.

like i said.. i am not law savvy.. but at the very least this Death guy can get reported to his ISP and lose his internet access.
as for the law? perhaps something can be done but i think it would also become quite complicated and thats why i am leaving it at the ISP thingy since thats what i know of.

Shuzer said:

Maybe other members (ie. Allievation, or whatever his name was) have done their bit of harrassment for the night, and maybe they deserve something done to them. But I've yet to see why DeathSeeker deserves any of which you speak of. He didn't force anyone to PayPal him, and do you even know if he DID get PayPaled?
He prayed on peoples good will and sexual urges by posing as an innocent and extremely bonable young girl :LOL:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fraud

---Deception carried out for the purpose of achieving personal gain while causing injury to another party. For example, selling a new security issue while intentionally concealing important facts related to the issue is fraud.

Injury can mean monetary injury i guess. If the true purpose behind the donation is not known to the donator i think there's a case there!

NEXT IN LAW AND ORDER!!

Shuzer, it's likie this --

Lets say you're at Arbys and you see some people fund raising for healthcare to be provided for lab rats. Okay, so you're an extremely sentimental kind of guy and you make a donation. Then, you learn from someone else (or the fund raisers tell you) that they're hoarding the donations people give to them to purchase a plasma T.V. or to pay their expensive dining tips.

How would you feel?

That's what happened. Now do you understand why some are taking this so seriously?

A crime is still a crime, even if stupidity let you get away with it.

If I robbed, say, ailevation, or someone as stupid, it's still a crime.
Even if I got away with it by pointing behind him, yelling "look over there" and snatching his purse while he stared at the wall dumbfoundedly.

/me stumbles in

Err, so what exactly happened? DeathSeeker makes a new account posing as a girl, posts a thread and.... people send him money?

Yeah, he tricked at least one person into giving him money for a video card or something.

Also, he claims to love being a pedophile.

Mechagodzilla said:
Yeah, he tricked at least one people into giving him money for a video card or something.

Also, he claims to love being a pedophile.

and he logged in using multiple accounts trying to stir up the place even more.

Infact, Shuzer, your argument that they're a bunch of pathetic losers is childish and flawed in it's own right. Why? Because that's called 'taking advantage of someone' which is exactly what fraudulant donations / fund raisers do.

Consider my previous post and apply to this situation. Your argument is simply this: Oh, well this is the internet -- a place where losers mingle -- so it doesn't really matter. LOTS of frauds occur on the internet. You'd be suprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back