Private Pilot Training

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
So, after four years on my beloved halflife2.net, the site I joined at age 13 and grew up on until my current age, 17, I will soon begin my training for my private pilot's license.

The avid flier I am, whether in video games or real life, I'm simply ecstatic.

I don't know why I feel the need to share this here.. perhaps it's just because I've been using this moniker for years and was never a pilot. Perhaps now I can live up to my namesake.

Dude that is ****ing awesome. I hope you get it! Do you know which plane you'd be flying yet?

A Cessna 172.

cessna_172.jpg

Do the thing in that one video where the guy pretends to be asleep at the controls.

Totally do it.

are you going to make a career out of it?

Just be careful up there dude.

Always make sure you do your proper preflight checks.

are you going to make a career out of it?

Yup- Air Force first though. Then I might look into learning how to fly a jet and maybe try to get on board with a big corporation as a private jet pilot.

Yup- Air Force first though. Then I might look into learning how to fly a jet and maybe try to get on board with a big corporation as a private jet pilot.

Sweet. I hope you can take down the Red Baron and get to call yourself Ace of Aces.

I'll be killing them sand jews in arabaria.

Then I might look into learning how to fly a jet and maybe try to get on board with a big corporation as a private jet pilot.

They get paid shit nowadays ;). I got about 20 hours (also in a 172) towards my license with a really cool pilot who didn't charge anything for his time (apparently the same service was provided to him when he was young and he considered it his duty to give it back) but unfortunately we both got sidetracked by other things in our lives (namely his work and my moving) and I never finished it. Was a really great experience though.

Cool. I myself want to be a helicopter pilot, but I wear glasses. :/

color-blindness-test-4.jpg

Can you see the numbers? If not, I'm sorry but your dream is finished!

Lol if you CAN see them then good luck and dont crash!

Thats really cool Ace. Learning to fly has always been a goal of mine. Once I get a stable job and start making some real dough, I'll be taking lessons. Keep us updated with how its going.

Awesome, just dont go all ALLAH ACKBAR on us and get this forum banned for terrorist activity.

Awesome mate! :D Take some pics if you get the chance and don't crash <3

Oh also, I've heard some people get messed up with their PPL and can't adjust to being a military pilot. Enjoy the ride, but don't get too set on bad habits.

I went up in my first counted flight hours today, and I definitely am not making the wrong choice. It was beautiful, 5000 feet up in the air, and while it sorta sucks there was an indefinite ceiling today in cloud coverage, the instructor told me you can see LA and the pacific ocean from where I am to the west. I'm sure one day it'll be clear, but even with clouds it looked just stunning- I didn't see the bottom of the clouds anymore, but the top.

2lix5iu.png

We flew over the reservoir to the north, through the mountains and around the peaks, and it was like nothing I've ever done before. It was a hugely different experience from a commercial airliner, simply because you can feel all the slight g-forces acting when you descend and turn and.. everything. I'm surprised at how much they let me fly on my own(with direction) with so little experience.. it felt less restrictive than when I learned to drive. I don't even have my driver's license, btw. Just a permit.

At some point I hope to go out to the ocean and land at Catalina Island, that super awesome place I've been to multiple times in my childhood.

Landing is rough though. I'll get used to it soon.

HE'S GOING FOR THE WHITE HOUSE TERRORIST HE HATES MURRIKA

some of my friends are pilots, with their own cessnas and such. I don't trust them enough to fly with them however.

I got to solo today, so against common sense I pulled out my phone and took pictures in the pattern.

acepilotf14_1297445285.jpg

acepilotf14_1297449082.jpg

acepilotf14_1297481056.jpg

lavernez.jpg

I love all this so much.

You flew solo? Nobody else in the plane?

Cool dude!

If I was younger you would have been my idle, I used to want to be a pilot.

Then I got older and soaring through the freedom of the skies still interests my but I know what i will be.

I just want to be a physicist when I grow up, I made my majors be geometry 4 and phyics 4 since i have to take the geometry yo take physics, if I could I would make both my majors be physics so that i can make it to MIT when I go to college.

I dream of working with the planned and being worked on LHC Large hydron collider that will be the new one and largest one in the world, also dark matter. Hopefully when I am working with them in the future the LHC will make a black hole or prove the existence of the higgs particle.

Now I am abvsolutely and unacuizickly devoted to my new dream which I've had ever since I was 7, I am am in my teens.

I am going for being in the works of Physics, I hope to one day work in the with the Large Hydron Collider LHC in my futer, there is one being planned in america here hat will be the bigest one on earth,

Nothing's stopping you from idling yourself, bro.

Now I am abvsolutely and unacuizickly devoted to my new dream which I've had ever since I was 7, I am am in my teens.

I am going for being in the works of Physics, I hope to one day work in the with the Large Hydron Collider LHC in my futer, there is one being planned in america here hat will be the bigest one on earth,

I would strongly suggest taking an English class along with physics.

sorry i don't pay attention to my spelling until after i post it,
then i ussually edit :p

Double post, bro. Don't do that.

Also, cool. What is your expected avenue of entering the USAFA, Ace?

Oh, that's long gone. I don't have the extracurricular and stuff, instead I'm just going to enlist and bro out for a few years, then go to college and do some other stuff.

One thing at a time I guess.

Yes forget me, I am not even finished with high school.

If you get accepted what aircraft do you want to pilot?

No flying for enlisted, unless somehow I can get some magical small craft position. Hell, flying anything without needing to own it or pay upkeep for it would be a dream come true.

Not that fighter pilots get much in the way of action these days. Here's hoping to World War 3.

yeah for world war 3!!
No wait wouldn't you be flying an atomic bomb bomber plane.. no they use missles, so you would fly an atomic/nuclear missle........ I make no sense at all i just realized

No flying for enlisted, unless somehow I can get some magical small craft position. Hell, flying anything without needing to own it or pay upkeep for it would be a dream come true.

Not that fighter pilots get much in the way of action these days. Here's hoping to World War 3.

I actually accidentally hit an extra A. I meant USAF. Though now that I think about it, just about the only way you'd fly is if you went to the Academy.

Well, That comepletely changes things............... ehh I like WW3 more

I actually accidentally hit an extra A. I meant USAF. Though now that I think about it, just about the only way you'd fly is if you went to the Academy.

Yeah. But hell, even if I could just be sort of around planes I'd be content.

Same here.. but with guns........... which is less then ideal for numerous reasons

I have had a go in a piper warrior, can see why you're a fan of flying - nothing else comes close.

I can't believe people get paid to do that all day.

Back