R.I.P. GREG GIRALDO

Warped

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPTowp3e77k

He died of an accidental drug overdose

Comedian Greg Giraldo — well-known for his work on such programs as Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, Lewis Black’s Root of All Evil, several Comedy Central roasts, and NBC’s Last Comic Standing — has passed away. Both Comedy Central and NBC confirmed the comedian died Wednesday in a New Brunswick, N.J., hospital, just days after being hospitalized, reportedly for a prescription pill overdose.

This afternoon, Comedy Central released the following statement: “The tragic news of Greg’s passing hits us very, very hard. Greg has been a close member of the Comedy Central family for years, injecting his energy and wicked sense of humor into countless projects. The comedy community lost a brother today. Our thoughts are with his family.” Giraldo appeared as a judge during the seventh season of Last Comic Standing, and this afternoon, the producers of that program also released a statement: “Greg was one of the most talented comedians of our time. He was truly brilliant. His work will surely continue to influence and inspire us. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.”
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/09/29/greg-giraldo-comedian-dead-at-44/?hpt=T2

Didn't see this one coming... I saw him on the roasts, he made me laugh a few times. It's going to be weird to see one without him though.

Oh mother****er. This is some bullshit. I don't know what to say. I am angry and sad. He was a ****ing hero.

qycxv8.jpg

Edit: oh god why someone cut my hands off please

Totally on reddit 4 hours ago. I'll miss him, that dude was funny.

I just head about this on the daily show, somehow missed this thread this morning. But holy shit, this is such a shame. I really liked his comedy and he will be missed.

In all the Comedy Central Roasts I've seen, he was always the best. I remember I literally couldn't stop laughing for like an hour after one of them.

Hadn't heard of him, but that clip was pretty funny. Sucks, I guess, but um... "accidental" drug overdose? I'm sorry, as opposed to what? :|

Totally on reddit 4 hours ago.
You mean like everything ever?

It could've been an "on purpose" drug overdose, a suicide basically.

Back