Billy Mays dead at 50

ray_MAN

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

DEVELOPING: Television pitchman Billy Mays — who built his fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials promoting household products and gadgets — died Sunday, FOX News confirms.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry to May's residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon.

Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.

US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.

Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.

So, so sad. :(

There are now 3 threads on this all made at the same time with 0 replies.

What the **** is going on?!
WHY IS EVERYONE DYING?

Billy Mays-mind

3343itu.jpg

HOLY SHIT.

I did not see this coming.

Man, and after he got his show on discovery too. Sad. :(

I hated the shipping and handling scams many of his products had, but I always enjoyed his charisma and charm that he exerted when I saw him in things, including his infomercials and on on Pitchmen, etc.

I wonder if they're going to cancel Pitchmen as a result. I mean, he was the second part of the Duo... him and the other guy.

This honestly surprises me, way moreso than Michael Jackson's death.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :C
All the celebs are dieing i just hope that Chuck Norris wont be next

You must not watch TV... AT ALL.

You're right I don't! I think TV is stupid and so are commercials. Infomercials on the other hand are in a whole breed of stupidity. But yeah I know who Billy was, I've seen his Oxy Clean commercials years ago. Also I expect the Sham Wow guy to be announced dead in like 3 days

What sucks, is that this probably isn't simply some publicity for a new product he'll start pitching. Like some sort of coffin cleaner... :(

He has a 3 year old daughter man... :(

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/28/billy-mays-is-dead/
TMZ said:
Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."
That's probably it. Similar to what happened to Liam Neeson's wife earlier this year perhaps.

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

He probably patched his head with Mighty Mend-it too. :(

you can die at any moment. thats why i hate being human and i want to upload my brain to PC someday so i can live on for a bit longer

WHERE WAS MICHAEL JACKSON'S DOCTOR LAST NIGHT?

This was clearly murder. His plane was sabotaged when when it didnt crash as expected, the killer snuck into his house and finished the job himself.

R75Z68Jtvk6hw38qb6l9ATAso1_500.jpg

Disclaimer: The picture was made before this event happened so its not offensive and you can't blame me for being tasteless.

So. The terrorists have successfully engineered a strain of Infidel Celebrity Seeking Flu that is apparently transmitted by television.

It has begun.

HOLY SHIT GUYS, i just found out. You are not going to believe this. BILLY MAY JUST DIED!!!

This has been a terrible week for mankind.

Thr- Four of our heroes, dead.

mankind is doomed, we're all gonna die like bugs

I don't want to seem like a d***, but who else wants to start a betting pool on the next one?

The only clue that the police have to go on is the fact this his body was chopped into a small salad with some tuna and nuts.

Back