Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the President's Men - 8/10

Ending was too abrupt and could've been handled better with an extra 5 minutes.

Runaway Jury - 9/10. An absolutely stunning cast performs this movie beautifully. John Cusack is absolutely one of my favourite actors ever and this really shows why. Intense with great character. Amazing movie.

It also wins points for using my last name.

I waws quite surprised how quite good it was, one of my favourite court room movies. If your a Cusack fan, watch Grosse Point Blank if you haven't already.

Runaway Jury is an excellent movie -- the scene between Hackman and Hoffman in the bathroom is magisterial. It was like stage-play.

Arrested Development Season 3 (final season) 9/10

great show hands down, every episode made me laugh, it was like watching Seinfeld and the Office if you liked those 2 shows.
"Noun 1. arrested development - an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
fixation, infantile fixation, regression"

that just about wraps it up for you. also I loved how the last episode was named Development Arrested

Aliens - GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!/10...
Awesome.

Pulp fiction- 9/10

first time I've ever seen it the whole way through, and I thought it was pretty damn awesome.

Star Trek : First Contact - 7.5/10

I'm trying to see all of the TNG era movies before the new one.

I liked this one really much.TBH i like the Sisko crew much more. ;)

From Dusk Till Dawn - 8/10

It's much better to watch if you don't know what kind of movie it is when you start watching it

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - 9/10
Snatch - 8/10

Best two Guy Ritchie films period.

Wolverine. 9/10
Loved it! Awesome movie. I was mighty surprised when I read down at end of credits that parts of it were filmed in Sydney Australia..
Star Trek on Thursday ;-)

Let The Right One In: 9/10

Watch this movie right now. It's magical, unique, well paced--it's just so ****ing good. There's a certain tone that's held throughout the movie and it's just so whimsical. The relationships between the two main characters is handled so well. And the ending bits are just fantastic especially the scene with the pool.

Man On Wire - 8/10

Amazing documentary about a man who tightrope walked between the WTC towers. Really enjoyable.

x-men origins wolverine 6.5/10

Unlike alot of people on this board I have to say I like the xmen movies overall, so try and see this from that perspective. I went in expecting a pile of **** after xmen 3 but I was pleasantly surprised as it is a very good action, popcorn movie even if a little generic. However if you follow the xmen comics you'll probably have a heart attack. I don't personally but even I know a ****ed up deadpool when I see one.

3 things I do want to ***** about though that stuck in my mind.

1. Everyone has had a go at this so I want elaboarate on it further but those bloody stupid adamantium bullets *facepalm*
2.Deadpool in general *facepalm*
3. For an x-men prequel it's pretty inconsistent to the first xmen movie. Like sabretooth grows long blonde hair becomes a mute and forgets all about wolverine. Cyclops is about 17 in the movie which means in xmen 1 he'd nearly be 40. Last Stryker has a totally different accent in this than in 2. o_O

Anyway still good movie, defied my expectations and is miles better than the third movie.

EDIT: I knocked off a half point just cos looking back really it was only good for its action and had no real substance like the other films (bar the third >_>)

Let The Right One In: 9/10

Watch this movie right now. It's magical, unique, well paced--it's just so ****ing good. There's a certain tone that's held throughout the movie and it's just so whimsical. The relationships between the two main characters is handled so well. And the ending bits are just fantastic especially the scene with the pool.
I loved this movie, I was totally blown away.

Sunshine - 6/10...

Okay, I rewatched it while being fully awake and thought it was okay.
Still very boring but the soundtrack and overall look of the movie was pretty good.

Also, the ending still cracks me up... goes from a boring science lecture video to a ****ing slasher movie, Jesus Christ.

x-men origins wolverine 6.5/10

Unlike alot of people on this board I have to say I like the xmen movies overall, so try and see this from that perspective. I went in expecting a pile of **** after xmen 3 but I was pleasantly surprised as it is a very good action, popcorn movie even if a little generic. However if you follow the xmen comics you'll probably have a heart attack. I don't personally but even I know a ****ed up deadpool when I see one.

3 things I do want to ***** about though that stuck in my mind.

1. Everyone has had a go at this so I want elaboarate on it further but those bloody stupid adamantium bullets *facepalm*
2.Deadpool in general *facepalm*
3. For an x-men prequel it's pretty inconsistent to the first xmen movie. Like sabretooth grows long blonde hair becomes a mute and forgets all about wolverine. Cyclops is about 17 in the movie which means in xmen 1 he'd nearly be 40. Last Stryker has a totally different accent in this than in 2. o_O

Anyway still good movie, defied my expectations and is miles better than the third movie.

EDIT: I knocked off a half point just cos looking back really it was only good for its action and had no real substance like the other films (bar the third >_>)

It would seem a PG-13 rating would really hurt a movie focused on Wolverine. Haven't seen it, but I would think it could learn a thing or two from the game that accompanies the movie, which is rated mature. I mean, look at the game's intro scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EocXtLAAAc

I loved this movie, I was totally blown away.

Whatever words I used to describe it fail because it is so hard to describe this movie. Whenever I see a movie and instantly want to see it again, I know it's something special.

Super Size Me: 7.5/10

I've seen it before, but it's still very potent. Makes me sick, really.

One Hour Photo: 8/10

Love movies like this... Pretty enjoyable but something just felt kinda missing overall.

From Dusk Till Dawn - 8/10

It's much better to watch if you don't know what kind of movie it is when you start watching it

Yeah i was literally like WTF when they get to the titty twister.

Human guitar was awesome

JCVD: Excellent/Nerdy

Was as good as I expected it to be, but it does ask a lot from it's audience. Being at least passingly familiar with Van Damme's career is a must, but the film is also very French with it's old school noir style and willingness to play with conventions, so action-geeks will likely just be confused. But the result is something that is surprisingly touching and unique.

Seven Pounds - Garbage/10

Touching drama that's ruined by being too contrived and predictable.

The Dogs Of War - 8/10

Mercenary action with Christopher Walken. I still love this film. Its also a handy guide on how to set up a coup in a small west african state. Which is nice.

Toy Story 1 - 10/10

Classic childhood movie. They still have their nostalgic charm even now but yet with whole heaps of new things to latch onto that went over my head the millions of other times I watched this movie when I was younger. Way ahead of it's time on release.

Also watched Toy Story 2, which again deserves a 10 if you ask me. For both of them, I can't even begin to start rambling about what elements I like best... the characters? The animation? The story? The design? The music? The comedy? Too much to comprehend.

I've got all four Tremors films to watch now - again, classic childhood movies of mine, or at least the first two are. Used to be scared shitless of them. I mean, Jaws kept me from going in the ocean but the concept of putting ****ing shark-like aliens under the GROUND really had an impact on me.

Excellent films. Cannot wait for tonight and tomorrow.

Sex Drive- 8.5/10

Awesome movie, just as funny as Superbad and it was well worth the watch. My friend and I decided to watch the regular theatrical version because there was too much wang shown in the opening prologue of the unrated version....it was a little awkward. anyway great movie, made me laugh a lot

Boiler room 8/10

Really liked it, I think the most memorable quote was when the FBI tells Seth to "back your entire C drive up on a floppy."

The new wolverine movie - 6/10
Wasn't as good as I expected it to be. The story was just kind of rambling. They didn't go into detail of the other characters except stryker enough imo. Gambit didn't feel nearly cajun enough.

Still Waiting - 6/10
Not nearly as good as the first one. Just kind of felt like a rehash. Still it had some decent moments and I just kinda like the character of these movies.

Star Trek - 8/10 - Very entertaining. Nothing special, though.

Star Trek - 8.5/10...
****ing awesome.
Pleasantly surprised, considering JJ Abrams' last movie was shit, imo.

This is Star Trek for people who don't want to go through the lame ass low budget TOS or have only seen the TOS movies(which were much more watchable due to bigger budgets).
It helps to have a little bit of Trek knowledge beforehand, lots of little nods here and there that Trek fans will definitely pick up on and smile.

Seeing this again with some friends next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back