Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight 93 or something. It was interesting, though sometimes a little too much.
Looking forward to the United 93 movie :p which seems to be alot better according to what i read.

The Descent - 6.8/10

With all the bad horror movies these days this stood out. Was above average.

I hate horror movies, but for some reason the Descent is sort of drawing me in....

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - 2/10

When the outtakes at the end of the movie had me laughing harder than the entire rest of the movie, you know something's wrong. This was just boring, I was checking my watch the whole way through. I had high hopes for the film due to the cast, but this is utter shite. Avoid at all costs.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - 2/10

When the outtakes at the end of the movie had me laughing harder than the entire rest of the movie, you know something's wrong. This was just boring, I was checking my watch the whole way through. I had high hopes for the film due to the cast, but this is utter shite. Avoid at all costs.

I strongly believe that Will Ferrel(or w/e) is incredibly overrated, I've never found any of the movies that he's in funny at all.

Saying that...

Anchorman : The Legend of Ron Burgundy - 1/10...
Fucking stupid.

Walk the Line - 7/10

Pretty good, but nothing special. The acting was great, though.

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - 6/10

I found this movie to be pretty dull. Some of the flashbacks to her time in prison were interesting, and the climax was satisfying enough, but on the whole it was a bit of a snorefest. The ending couldn't have been dragged out any more zzzzzzzz.

Meh, I love Will Ferrel for some reason. Sure, I'm a fan of silly comedies, but I'd rather have "smart" comedies like O Brother Where Art Thou. But Will Ferrel... I dunno, he's really hits my funny button.

Old School
8/10

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - 6/10

I found this movie to be pretty dull. Some of the flashbacks to her time in prison were interesting, and the climax was satisfying enough, but on the whole it was a bit of a snorefest. The ending couldn't have been dragged out any more zzzzzzzz.

How would you say it compared to Mr. Vengance and Oldboy?

How would you say it compared to Mr. Vengance and Oldboy?

I don't really rate Oldboy and haven't seen Mr. Vengeance, so am probably not the best person to ask. I did prefer Oldboy, though.

OldBoy's one of my faves, and I loved Mr. Vengance too.

I just wish Lady Vengance would come out for us dirty Americans :/.

Batman Begins=Best Batman movie ever, IMO.

Probably also my favorite comic-book movie other than Sin City.

Pride and Prejudice - 8/10; Similar to Memoirs, I didn't like it for the reasons most people (Well, girls) would like it, but some of the dialogue, the witty characters and some other things were very well done.

The Island - 8/10

Really interesting concept. I'm surprised this got such mediocre reviews when it came out last year, I thought it was pretty damn good.

Hey, someone saw The Island who wasn't me! Yeah, I liked that movie as well, it was really really underrated.

Talledega Nights: 7.5/10. Had its moments, but not nearly as funny as some of Ferrel's other stuff.

Superman. 9.5/10. Was fantastic! It was classic Superman, with today's amazing graphics and it was still able to keep a storyline that was so unlike Hollywood in that it was good and kept you going without needing constant explosions or nudity!

Only thing I didnt like was Lois shoulda been hotter, like I remember her! :p

24 Hour Party People: 10000/10. Pretty much my dream movie. Whoever played Ian Curtis is godly.

Amen. The music, the humour, those random scenes that made no sense whatsoever, the cinematography, everything about that movie was ****ing perfect.

Garden State - 8.1/10...

Smart, funny, Natalie Portman is too damn cute in this movie.

Doom 5/10 very average game-to-film conversion. First-person bits were odd.

Super"meh" Returns 4/10 really quite bad IMO

I've always wanted to see that. I'll pick it up next time I see it.

Yeah, I actually woke up this morning... and it was just starting on Cinemax, so I just sat there in bed watching it.
Really drew me in.

The beginning was rather disturbing though.

Lake House - 7.5/10; I know, another 'girlie' film but my gf wanted to see it and it actually looked half decent and well, it was, one of the few drama/love movies I don't mind.

Airplane! -- 9/10

Oh man, is this movie funny. I watched it for the first time last weekend, and I'm still laughing at some of the sillyness.

The 3 pilots communicating to the control tower at take-off may just be the most witty/silly/clever thing I've ever heard:

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

:LOL:

Airplane! -- 9/10

Oh man, is this movie funny. I watched it for the first time last weekend, and I'm still laughing at some of the sillyness.

The 3 pilots communicating to the control tower at take-off may just be the most witty/silly/clever thing I've ever heard:

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

:LOL:

Oh yeah, I loved that one.

And Airplane 2, the SEQUEL!

Donnie Darko - 8/10

Total mind ****. How could anyone not like this movie.

X-Men 3 - Meh, average film. Quite entertaining. 6/10.

Silent Hill - FINALLY got around to seeing it. Great film, really captures the atmosphere and the settings of the games. Not to mention the monsters and creatures which looked great. One thing I didn't get was

... when the cop and... Rose, was it?, were leaving the city they came across the human-straightjacket creature, but it was during the 'day time, foggy, ash sky' reality and not the 'darkend ''hell'' reality' that occurs after the siren goes off. Whats with that?

X-Men 3 - Meh, average film. Quite entertaining. 6/10.

Silent Hill - FINALLY got around to seeing it. Great film, really captures the atmosphere and the settings of the games. Not to mention the monsters and creatures which looked great. One thing I didn't get was

... when the cop and... Rose, was it?, were leaving the city they came across the human-straightjacket creature, but it was during the 'day time, foggy, ash sky' reality and not the 'darkend ''hell'' reality' that occurs after the siren goes off. Whats with that?

Same as in the game. I'm guessing it gets even scarier after the siren goes off.

The Blair Witch Project - 8.5/10

I finally got round to seeing it (yes I know, i'm about 8 years late) and it scared the shit out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back