Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunshine - 7.9/10 Thought it was different and really well made. Stands out.

Jacob's Ladder

9/10: I watched this because I watched a bad old movie called Runaway Train. The movie had a good soundtrack though, so i went online to see if i could find it. I couldnt, but some random internet person mentioned that it was like Jacob's Ladder's soundtrack. I couldnt find that soundtrack either, so I went and got the movie.

Its one of the biggest mind****s ive had in awhile. Its worse than Donnie Darko on crack. Highly recommend it.

That's one of my favourite movies. Simply awesome :)

That's one of my favourite movies. Simply awesome :)

i watched that after hearing about its influence on the Silent Hill creators, you can definately see the similarities, it was really frightening at times, i thought it kinda started sucking towards the end.
The whole miltary experiment thing :|

28 Weeks Later - 7.5/10
Bit of a mixed bag, but good for the most part. The worst point, I thought, was the story. Despite having an original concept the plot itself pretty much boils down to your typical horror/zombie movie, although it's well executed (and shot) enough to set itself apart from most others. At the very least it was faithful to the first one in that I had much the same impression of it.

Best point - soundtrack. Nuff said :)

Knocked up 6/10 - not funny at all
30 days of night 7/10 - a missed opportunity. Could have been so much better. Good effort tho.
Evan Almighty 5/10 - meh wth..

Hot Fuzz- 7/10

Truth be told, I did not enjoy this movie as I did Simon Pegg's and Nick Frost's other infamous film. I think it took a long time to get off the ground, and the jokes leading up to that point were mildly funny. There were only a few LOL moments in the film, and most came very, very late.

Disturbia - 8/10 I liked it, thought it was cool. Suspense was nice and it didnt end like every other movie out there. Plus i liked the story.

Office Space - 10/10 Always great to rewatch this every now and then.

We Own The Night - 9/10

Saw it at a prescreening at my uni, really great movie, but a downer. Had a similar feel to The Departed, but more intense.

Conspiracy Theory - 2/10

Complete yawnfest. It would have been a 1/10 if it weren't for the hilarious wheelchair scene.

Black Snake Moan 8/10 Very interesting movie. Liked it a lot.

The Invasion 6/10 - Probably the most boring and uninspired alien invasion movie I've ever seen. Also why the hell did Daniel Craig agree to star in this shit.

The Condemned - 8.7/10

I liked it, nice action movie, lots of fights, people get exploded, 'Sphinx' from 'Gone in 60 Seconds' is the bad guy. Normally I don't like wrestler movies (Stone Cold is the main guy), but this one was good. It's very similar to 'The Punisher' but with better acting. Nice'n'fun movie, go watch it!

30 Days of Night - 5.2/10...

Boring as ****, the make-up for the vampires was nifty though.
And it had a few disturbing scenes.

300 - 8/10

Finally seen it. Exellent action and cinematics but the plot is ****ing all the place and I wont even start on the historical accuracy haha (yeh I know its not meant to be but it still hits me when watching it).

After a few watches, I thought the plot was actually very straight-forward, and pretty good at getting it's message across. I won't argue on the historical accuracy though.

There's Something About Mary - 7.9/10...

Funny, got quite a bit stupid in a few parts... but it was still chuckle-worthy.

Deja Vu - 8.5/10 A good thriller/sci-fi movie.

:| ...

Just watched the same thing. Although I'd give it a 4/10.

Ridiculous plot. Sscientific mumbo jumbo. No development of villain. Doesn't really have anything to with Deja Vu as trailers led me to believe.

Just watched the same thing. Although I'd give it a 4/10.

That's a bit harsh.

Ridiculous plot.

The only thing I found ridiculous was the willingness of them to let him go back in time at the cost of bilions of dollars and blacking out a large portion of the US.

Sscientific mumbo jumbo.

Any movie wich envolves time travel of any kind by default has scientific mumbo jumbo.

No development of villain.

I for one couldn't care less about that, he was just some random nutcase and that's that.

Doesn't really have anything to with Deja Vu as trailers led me to believe.

I've never seen any of the trailers so I didn't know what to expect.

Children of Men - 9/10

Exellent film, brilliant atmosphere. Why are people comparing this to Half-Life 2? Its nothing like it, the only small similarities I saw were the lack of breeding ability and the world in chaos theme.

*SPOILERS* Anyone think the ending was like, kinda rushed? Its like yeh I was expecting him to have been shot because as he was running about dodging bullets like he was, I was thinking he was one ****ing lucky bastard lol. Buts its just ends like that, ive been shot, I die, ship appears, credits. Dunno, seemed kinda anti-climatic to me, still a great film though.

Transformers 7/10
Eh...it was pretty and sci fi...but shit, too many cliche things for me to point out and poke fun of for my taste.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry 10/10

Jessica Biel makes it a 9.999/10...DAMN YOU TIMBERLAKE!!!

Rest of it is kinda crap. Funny in some places, but ultimately a no-brainer 'comedy'.

Starship Troopers - 8/10

Not seen it in ages, but it was so enjoyable to watch lol.

Blood Diamond - 9/10

Damn
good. And normally I hate Leonardo DeCrapio.

Children of Men - 9/10

Exellent film, brilliant atmosphere. Why are people comparing this to Half-Life 2? Its nothing like it, the only small similarities I saw were the lack of breeding ability and the world in chaos theme.

*SPOILERS* Anyone think the ending was like, kinda rushed? Its like yeh I was expecting him to have been shot because as he was running about dodging bullets like he was, I was thinking he was one ****ing lucky bastard lol. Buts its just ends like that, ive been shot, I die, ship appears, credits. Dunno, seemed kinda anti-climatic to me, still a great film though.
He gets shot while in the appartment a few minutes before. It's quite easy to miss, though.

28 Weeks Later - 8/10

Really enjoyed it but not as good as the first.

*Spoiler* The shacky cam business started to get iritating towards the end, and that Blair Witch part at the end was stupid imo lol. Surely there should be a third and final film of the series, since they established that it has now spread across seas, so they should be making a final film where they actually finish off the virus.*End Spoiler*

Sunshine - 10/10

One of the best sci-fi films ever made.

*Spoilers* Shame they all had to die at the end :( *End Spoilers*

Children of Men - 9/10

The general look of the film is very similar to HL2, and the way the world around the protagonist behaves and is portrayed. Armed guards on the streets being generally intimidating and aggressive, the shunting around of crowds through checkpoints and other security areas, the environment bleak and crumbling all around, etc...

Either way, City 17 was the first thing I thought of when I saw London in CoM and I thought it was done brilliantly.

Nah because in CoM, the cities are a lot more state of chaos than that of the first entrance of City 17, since the Combine have a iron fist on it. Probably when the revolt starts, then its start to look like London in CoM, but still, I only reckon small similarities.

And yeh the sense of atmosphere in the film was incredible.

Sunshine - 10/10

One of the best sci-fi films ever made.

*Spoilers**End Spoilers*
Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

If you have to post spoilers, PLEASE put spoiler tags on it so you don't ruin a movie you thought was good for others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back