Reason #1,325,680 and #1,325, 681 why Dogs are better than Cats

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Dog Lost At Sea Swims Shark Infested Waters & Survives 6 Months on Desert Island

Sophie Tucker, a grey and black cattle dog went missing on her owner’s boat during a storm off the Queensland coast. The dog’s owner, Jan Griffith, thought that her beloved dog was lost forever, after a frantic search when she fell over board.

The Daily Mail reports how Sophie Tucker survived the fall and swam through shark infested water to the nearest land 6 miles away. A local fisherman said that the smell of a wet dog is irresistible for a shark and she was very lucky to survive the long swim.

Locals reported sightings of a small dog on the island and after bodies of goats were discovered, they decided to contact wildlife officials. News quickly spread about the dog and Jan Griffith heard about the story on the mainland.

She told the Daily Mail, “We wondered whether it could be Sophie Tucker but thought ‘No way’.

‘She would have had to have swum through 6 miles of sea to get there and then work out how to survive.

Jan and her family waited at the marina to have a look at the dog the wildlife officials were bringing back from the island.

When she spotted a grey and black dog in a cage, she knew straight away it was Sophie Tucker.

‘We called her name and she went crazy - whimpering and banging on the cage, so they let her out and she ran over to us and almost knocked us over with excitement,’ Miss Griffiths said.

‘She’s settled in well back at home now. I think she’s appreciating the air conditioning.’

http://www.dognews.co.uk/dog-lost-a...ed-waters-survives-6-months-on-desert-island/

reason # 1, 325, 681:

Russian scientists say that Moscow stray dogs became much smarter. The four legged oldest human’s friends demonstrate real smartness such as riding the Moscow metro every morning to get from their suburban places of living to the fat regions of Moscow center. Once they arrive to the downtown they demonstrate different new, previously unseen for the dog skills. Those skills can include “the hunt for shawarma” for example, the popular among Muscovites eastern cuisine dish. This hunt scene can be seen as this:

Regular Moscow busy street with some small food kiosks. A middle-aged man buys himself a piece of hot fast food and walks aside chewing it without a rush. Then just in a second he jumps up frightened - some doggy has sneaked up on him and barked out loudly. His tasty snack falls out from his hands down to the ground and the dog gets it. Just ten minutes later, on the same place, the teen youngster looses his dinner in exactly the same manner. The modern Russian dogs are on their urban hunt.

41.jpg

http://englishrussia.com/?p=2462

TLDR: dog survives falling overboard into ocean, swims to island, reunited with family.
dogs in moscow ride the train to get to their destination

well if you look at how big their brain is, you can see why they're smart. I bet a dog has 40-50 IQ points if there was a scale to human IQ

well if you look at how big their brain is, you can see why they're smart. I bet a dog has 40-50 IQ points if there was a scale to human IQ

smarter than Bush and most youtube comments

Survival instincts. It's all we ourselves are running on. It's the surprise which people show which surprises me. Soaking yourselves in your own world, you forget that the things around you which are not immediately apparent have their own lives. But that stems from the selfish survival instincts of human nature, too.

The first story is great. I like how the dog learned himself to hunt. He apparently took a liking to baby goats :D

My heart is full of love for doggies :3

But I have a kitty, because I live in a first floor apartment and work/study so no time for walkies.

I love my cat but one day I will have a lovely dog too.

Its a nice story but NEVER accuse cats of being inferior or we'll have problems.

I mean news at 10 another regrettable madman shooting type of problem.

Cats are kiiiiiind of dumber than dogs.

Although ACTUALLY, I just caught mine eating her food with her little paws while watching tv. That was weird.

Survival instincts. It's all we ourselves are running on. It's the surprise which people show which surprises me. Soaking yourselves in your own world, you forget that the things around you which are not immediately apparent have their own lives. But that stems from the selfish survival instincts of human nature, too.
Pretty much what I wanted to say. It's really not that surprising that a dog could learn to take the bus and hunt for fast food. It's not much of a cognitive leap from "walk to food bowl" to "walk to bus, bus to food bowl" and then "walk to bus, bus to downtown, downtown has food".

Pretty much what I wanted to say. It's really not that surprising that a dog could learn to take the bus and hunt for fast food. It's not much of a cognitive leap from "walk to food bowl" to "walk to bus, bus to food bowl" and then "walk to bus, bus to downtown, downtown has food".

On the verge of sounding rude, I thought you'd left.

Its a nice story but NEVER accuse cats of being inferior or we'll have problems.

I mean news at 10 another regrettable madman shooting type of problem.

Cats suck hard, and dogs are so much better. And I'm not just saying that.

I came back! Like... well I can't really remember, was it before Christmas? I think it was. But I'm back, at times, when my stolen WiFi decides to connect with a transfer rate greater than 8 bytes per day.

Awesome story, but doesn't make them better than cats. They each have their qualities.

I bet neighbor animals went missing as the dog got a hankering for the wild island life again.

Have I just randomly not seen any of Drookle's posts or is everybody just not making a big deal about his sudden return and I'm just the socially akward reject?

Oh no, where is Ace?

cats are awesome, thread over

Dog > cat. Dogs can do tricks , cats sit there licking their asses all day.

Fox > wild cats. Foxes are cute and awesome. Wild cats are bitchy and look like they will mug you.

Wolf > Big cats. Big cats just sit there licking their asses too. Wolves are all like "yo dude wheres the party lol." For example :

chernobyl1.jpg

Well , those are technically wild dogs , but you get the jist of it.

Cats: Bury their shit.

Dogs: Place their shit in your shoe.

Cats are infinitely better than ****ing mutts.

You can't have sex with a cat.

Thread over.

You've tried. I don't even have to ask. I just know it.

this is not up for debate, dogs > cats

Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life

"Man's best friend" doesn't go far enough for Buddy?a German shepherd who remembered his training and saved his owner's life by calling 911 when the man had a seizure.

http://halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146886
http://halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122257

dogs perform emergency medical procedures and dial 9/11. I like cats, a lot, but the worst thing about a cat is that it isnt a dog

Since he got a new prescription and realised that all this time, he'd had a dog instead of a cat.

If you're looking for ugly furniture you have to feed and take care of, then go for a cat. If you want a genuinely awesome ****ing animal, go dog.

If you're looking for ugly furniture you have to feed and take care of, then go for a cat. If you want a genuinely awesome ****ing animal, go dog.

QFT.
Although, I don't mind cats. It's ok if a friend has one, sure, I'll be cuddly around it, but it sure as hell isn't a pet I want.
They stink. :/

Did you catch my tweet about your mother last night?

A cat wouldn't have fallen off the boat in the first place, sir.

[oh what a coincidence that we've all posted here]

I read that blog "englishrussia.com" every day (one of the sources in OP), it's ****ing excellent.

cats > dogs though :)

If you like cats you are gay.

It's simple physics, boys.

Back