Red Dead Redemption Official Thread

Just beat it and

can't believe I gotta play as this whiny little ****.

I know this is off topic, but I'm watching Pale Rider with Clint Eastwood and I can't help but notice a lot of similarities. I bet any western can compare but its nice to take a break and just watch something similar

Use the edit button bro. I see KA already used it for you once.

I know this is off topic, but I'm watching Pale Rider with Clint Eastwood and I can't help but notice a lot of similarities. I bet any western can compare but its nice to take a break and just watch something similar
LOL. I just watched that the other night too on AMC. Great movie and LOADS of similarities. If this game has done one great thing for me it has totally renewed my interest in westerns.

Also, I am reading a book called China Underground which is a bunch of stories of people this one guy met on travels to China and in one of them he mentions how they were all at some bar playing Liars Dice!! Crazy coincidence (if you believe in that sort of thing).

Oh, and for everyone who likes RDR, go read Blood Meridian NOW. I read it a few month ago and it is one of the most brutal and awesome (Western) tales ever.

Out of All Rockstar games, Red Dead has the best main character. They really made all other games well, but this is the 1st where the main character is cooler then everyone else. Niko....he was a loser for most of GTA4, etc etc. this game is like your playing Clint Eastwood and your shit is bigger than everyone elses

Did anyone else hogtie Jessica and drag her back to town after she insisted on staying in the desert? I'm trying to be a moral character (but I have gotten bounties for some of my decisions, eg, shooting a guy who tried to talk me into robbing a supply wagon).

I also spent the mission where you get chased with West Dickens out of town trying not to kill anyone (shooting horses and legs).

Out of All Rockstar games, Red Dead has the best main character. They really made all other games well, but this is the 1st where the main character is cooler then everyone else. Niko....he was a loser for most of GTA4, etc etc. this game is like your playing Clint Eastwood and your shit is bigger than everyone elses

agreed.
John is awesome

You guys know that Amazon gift card? How are we supposed to receive/get that. Was it with an e-mail? I didn't receive one.

It was in an email, I got mine.

Oh, I just remembered my Amazon account was with my yahoo e-mail, not my verizon or gmail one.

DOH.

Sorry guys. Damn, I wish I could remember what I had all subscribed so I could put it all on my gmail one.

*cough* Max Payne..

Love the music of the game, bought the soundtrack off iTunes. God this is the best game I've played in a long time.

Love the music of the game, bought the soundtrack off iTunes. God this is the best game I've played in a long time.

ya the soundtrack is fantastic
really adds to the already great atmosphere of the game

normally, I turn down the music volume in relation to everything else
but in RDR it's maxed :)

I just encountered a guy named C0RR4DO in MP. I'm guessing that was you Bman? Gunned me down while I tried to knife you like a bitch. :p

I've only heard a song with vocals in the game once, when I first got to mehico. I wish it was more often.

The songs that play during the credits are the best (in total, theres like 4 songs with lyrics
all of which I would be happy to send to anyone who likes 'em
)

The rest are old western sounding instrumentals.

Also, I wish there was a way to just fire one shot in a shootout. It seems like there should be a way, but I can't figure out how to actually shoot without planting all six shots first.

You talking about duels? If you mark the other guy while the crosshair is at its smallest and white, you fill the meter more. I haven't had a duel in forever but I'm guessing it counts the largest individual fill on the meters and whoever has the largest one wins. So just mark them once but make it count. Shoot them in the arms for more fame.

You also fill more meter with priority targets: the head and hand fill more meter than targeting the legs, for example. It's possible to fire off just one shot in a duel.

You also fill more meter with priority targets: the head and hand fill more meter than targeting the legs, for example. It's possible to fire off just one shot in a duel.

Yeah, I told Krynn that when I do hand shots it seems to always just fire off one shot.

I do hate that it instantly goes back into full speed mode. It'd be cool if it fires off the shots all in slow motion and stuff sometimes. Going from slow mode to instant normal speed is really jarring.

It would also be really awesome if you were able to whip out different weapons than your pistol, like your shotgun or rifle, with an increased draw time, accuracy penalty, and honor penalty to blow the guy away and watch him tumble over in slow motion from the blast.

As I was also telling Krynn, I wish they implemented a way that failed duels on your part didn't always result in instant death. Sometimes the opponent doesn't seem to hit me in the head, and it seems weird that I'd die from a shot in a non vital body part like a limb. Would be great if you could lose a duel, and be injured... and either retaliate back because you're pissed, or sulk off with your lowered fame and find the guy at a later time to challenge him back. Or just to find and murder him as payback, without the ability to regain your fame.

It just kind of sucks going into a duel and knowing that it is always all or nothing. And it's usually all, since duels are pretty easy. Just a tad bit more depth would have been a welcome addition.

Just got done with a good free roam session with my bro, why the **** did they make it so you have to be in a public free roam to get achievements? Took me forever to get in one where I was the only guy then invite my friend then we would just kick anyone who entered. Last thing we needed was some xbro faget who thinks free roam is death match. Does it seem like NPC's can take a lot more bullets in free roam compared to single player?

So, without telling me anymore spoilers then I already heard... Is it possible to finish up the stranger missions after you complete the main quest? Im guessing Im down to the last 2 or 3 missions but don't want to lose out on the quests.

So, without telling me anymore spoilers then I already heard... Is it possible to finish up the stranger missions after you complete the main quest? Im guessing Im down to the last 2 or 3 missions but don't want to lose out on the quests.

You can do all the Stranger Missions after you have finished the game, except for one:

The final I Know You mission

Also:

We are aware that there are still some of you out there experiencing issues with Red Dead Redemption, including multiplayer connectivity and getting the Mo Van Barr bounty. We are currently testing a Red Dead Redemption title update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 that aims to fix these and other items. Due to the unpredictable nature of the testing and console manufacturer submission process, we cannot pin down a very specific date and time, but we do expect this to be released for download for both systems by the end of next week. We can assure you we are working with our partners at Microsoft and Sony to make this title update available literally as soon as possible.

More details here.

Is that the mission where Marston
Tries to shoot the man for not telling him who he is?

Yup, that's the one.
So he vanishes into thin air?? What the heck was that about? Was he Death or something? Did he ever have a horse? A pale horse? That was pretty spooky. Worked well as a harbinger of things to come for Marston. :( I never played the first game--is he a reference to any of that?

Anyway, in other news, I was up in the mountains in the north on one of the highest vistas I could find scoping things with my sniper rifle when I spy some guy in a suit running up the mountain to where I am (mind you I am in the middle of nowhere at this point). I have no clue who he is. He gets to the top and just pants and wipes his brow and stays quiet. I decide since he doesn't seem to have anything decent to say that I will give him a shove. He falls over and slides down the steep trail a bit which gives me an idea. When he gets up I give him another shove and he falls right over the cliff!! I watched him flail on the way down to his rocky demise and didn't even lose any honor! Good times. I really love this game. :thumbs:

So he vanishes into thin air?? What the heck was that about? Was he Death or something? Did he ever have a horse? A pale horse? That was pretty spooky. Worked well as a harbinger of things to come for Marston. :( I never played the first game--is he a reference to any of that?
He could be God, Death, or the Devil.

Thanks Willie. I wonder if there will be more of that story in DLC or something. That would be epic. Makes me REALLY get hyped for Jonah Hex in a couple of weeks. :)

I finally finished the main storyline today. Great game but the last parts dragged a bit.

I saw the ending coming a mile away but it was sad nonetheless. At least Jack gets his revenge in the Blackwater side mission.

Free roam is an improvement over GTA but i wish that they had added more things to do apart from the gang hideouts. Posse's are a lot of fun. It would have been nice if they had left the train in free roam but i guess they had to remove it because of latency issues. I don't understand why the had to remove the mini games though. They could have implemented a safe zone for them if killing was an issue.
I can't wait how the upcoming co-op mission pack will turn out be.

Back