Red Dead Redemption Official Thread

All of that sounds awesome except for this.

** If your horse dies and you got more than a few minutes without a steed the game will present an opportunity to get one

I don't necessarily like the idea of wandering out without a horse for a long time... but I also don't want to find myself without a horse and always be presented with a pack of wild horses or something for me to find a new one. It'd seem a little too silly to always have them around.

Now... if it's lots of different opportunities... like say a group of bandits spots you from far in the distance or something and comes to check you out, seeing why you're wandering out on foot in the wilderness and attempts to rob you... or a good samaritan does the same... or you come across a campsite with a horse or two hitched while people sleep or eat or whatever... that's another story.

I just want it to feel kind of realistic. The idea of presenting you with opportunities is nice, I just don't want it to be too easy or predictable.

Another thing... I hope to god you can turn off auto targeting... like in GTA IV. Auto Targeting is no fun in multiplayer.

I just want it to feel kind of realistic. The idea of presenting you with opportunities is nice, I just don't want it to be too easy or predictable.

Yeh, same. Not an obvious opportunity every 2 minutes. Or maybe no more opportunities after you have turned down one or sumit.

Yeh, same. Not an obvious opportunity every 2 minutes. Or maybe no more opportunities after you have turned down one or sumit.

Yeah.

I hope you can leap off your horse onto a stage coach... kind of like Just Cause 2. But more interactive and not as easy.

I also hope gunfights aren't as easy as they look in the trailers. That's why I hope lock on can be disabled... It says guns are more inaccurate to model the time period, but in all the videos he seems to be a crack shot, almost never missing.

Gambling had also BETTER DAMN BE IN THE GAME IN MULTIPLAYER. AND IT BETTER BE GOOD!

I also hope gunfights aren't as easy as they look in the trailers. That's why I hope lock on can be disabled... It says guns are more inaccurate to model the time period, but in all the videos he seems to be a crack shot, almost never missing.

Well, one of the big features of the game is Dead Eye targeting, so I guess you will be using that quite a lot. It is even in multiplayer. According to the IGN link btw "Gun play is weightier and more satisfying than GTA IV". Although the satisfying bit is probably the physics.

Lock-on could be disabled in GTAIV(for multiplayer anyway) so I'm guessing it will be possible in this too.

I certainly hope so anyway.

Well, one of the big features of the game is Dead Eye targeting, so I guess you will be using that quite a lot. It is even in multiplayer. According to the IGN link btw "Gun play is weightier and more satisfying than GTA IV". Although the satisfying bit is probably the physics.

Lock-on could be disabled in GTAIV(for multiplayer anyway) so I'm guessing it will be possible in this too.

I certainly hope so anyway.

Yeah... I hope it will be possible to be disabled like in GTA IV.

I can't remember what I read about what the dead eye targeting will be like in multiplayer, since it won't have slow down bullet time.

Anyway I preordered this from Amazon. I figured it had the best deal. I don't really care about the bonuses, and honestly wish they didn't have any special features. I wish it was JUST the costume, not costume and dead eye regeneration speed... and I wish the golden guns didn't have improved fame, and I wish the horse just looked cooler, and wasn't the fastest in the game.

I don't want those special things, I want the game to be more challenging. I figured the Amazon preorder had the best deal. Free shipping, $56.99 price, a $10 amazon gift card on future amazon purchases... and the golden guns. I probably won't use the golden guns, but everything else makes it the most value oriented purchase I think. the 5-9 days for super saver shipping is going to suck ass though. By the time I get the game, there will already be formed posses, already be people who have completed the game... etc.

I'm having to work 30 hours of newspaper delivery driving at $2.50 an hour just to buy this damn game. Retarded. And by retarded, I mean me.

On an aside note, I hope money is fairly hard to come by. I hope gambling and robberies or rescues and stuff yield good money, but I hope it's not so easy to earn a shitload of money real fast. One thing i hated about GTA IV, was how easy it was to earn money.

"Oh sweet... I can grind out cash in a taxi... or steal money from people or whatever... but oh wait, why do that when I can do one mission and earn $20,000..."

I can't remember what I read about what the dead eye targeting will be like in multiplayer, since it won't have slow down bullet time.

Found this in a recent games radar preview on the shooting in multiplayer.

What sounds like a contradiction is Red Dead Redemption's compromise between reality and fun. By now, most of us have learned how to aim accurately with a console controller stick… but when you add in the extra difficulty of using antiquated turn-of-the-century weaponry with fewer bullets, as well as shooting from horseback or across wide horizons, the targeting can become too frustrating and too slow.

Conversely, you don't want players picking each other off with game-breaking ease. Thus, the art of auto-targeting. Pull the left trigger slightly and you can lock onto an opponent – for awhile. Eventually, you'll lose the computer-aided tracking, meaning you'll either have to lock on again… or learn to kill with a headshot before the lock is lost. While the system took me awhile to master, and forced me to spam the trigger button quite a lot, it somehow felt like the right balance of accuracy for an old-fashioned Western shooter.

And this is from a 1Up preview on Dead Eye in multiplayer.

Of course, Redemption can't slow down time for just you while everyone else is playing normally, so the way the developers implement their sharp-shooting feature is by letting you paint places to shoot on your target (by simply moving your cursor over your enemy's body parts -- think Panzer Dragoon Orta), then when you let go of the Dead Eye trigger, you let loose a quick volley of bullets to the spots you've picked out. You have to be quick, since your quarry can easily move out of your line of fire. But when used effectively, you can take down several opponents in a matter of seconds. You accrue the ability to use Dead Eye by finding refill spots placed around the map, or just offing players the old-fashioned way.

To be honest it sounds like GTA IV's system where you lock on at center mass, and can adjust very easily to the head, arms, legs or whatever.

Which was in my opinion way too easy.

More multiplayer previews

PCWorld
Before each match begins, the players first compete in a quick minigame. These consist of duels between participating players, who face off in teams or individually; depending on the game mode selected. As you’d expect, the shootouts are usually over within seconds, with the last man standing receiving a handful of XP. (Note: shooting the opponent directly opposite you and then cowering behind a barrel seems to do the trick.)

Thanks to Fishbulb for changing the thread title.

Anybody getting this for Xbox wanna play with me when it comes out?

I was thinking about starting a similar group that I did with GTA IV, for Red Dead Redemption so that people can find out the PSN and XBOX 360 gamer tags that people will be playing with, that want to play with others.

90yb76.jpg

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/group.php?groupid=86

PM me your PSN ID or Xbox 360 Gamer Tag and I'll add you to the group. We can use this to find people to play with after launch. I know I have a lot of the information from the GTA IV one, but I won't add people unless they want to be added.

The fact that there are no Indians makes me a sad boy. I know it's 1908, but I want Indians. I never even liked Cowboys vs Indians, but now I ****ing want it!

I also think that this may be one genre of game that I could enjoy Deathmatch in. Deathmatch in other games with automatic weapons is ****ing stupid.

And hopefully, because of the time period and setting... it'll be a game that brings in tons of people who stay for a long time. I'm hoping anyway.

I am a little bit disappointed that you won't be able to customize your character from the looks of it. It looks like you'll only be able to pick from preset guys. I understand how difficult it would be to be able to craft your own outfits from a list, since outfits of the time were, at least by hollywood standards, exceptionally complex and layered.

I wonder if it's possible to form more than two posses... I know you can have two posses with 8 players each, but it'd be nice to be able to have 4 posses with 2 players each, or whatever other combination you want.

Oh really? Source on no injuns?

Well... it's 1908 and I can't imagine there'd be too many in the sense that we'd think of them in. Obviously they're still in America, but not in the same way. I haven't seen any indications of Indians in the videos, and it's not like they'd be some big hidden secret.

Does anybody have any idea what the **** this is about? I'm on this forum www.reddeadforums.com and I'm reading this stuff...

260aosy.jpg

and this...

2itmtyd.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/technology/l...e-on-video-games/story-e6frfro0-1225850507467

Hrm.

Haven't decided if I mean to use the physical version or a photograph. Never the less, I plan to leave it there.

Well... it's 1908 and I can't imagine there'd be too many in the sense that we'd think of them in. Obviously they're still in America, but not in the same way. I haven't seen any indications of Indians in the videos, and it's not like they'd be some big hidden secret.

According to that wall of text on the IGN forums there will be Injuns, but they're 'civilized' whatever that maybe. I guess that means scalping is out of the question.

I'll wait for the PC version. I Am sure that we'll see an announcement by the end of the year.
It's all about console sales first these days.

Bull riding is confirmed. And online rodeos would be a very good idea.

I'm going to set up a sodomy campsite in the forests. Abduct people from the towns using my lasso and sodomise them. **** yeh! Who's with me!?

Btw, ppl on neogaf are saying the IGN fact sheet might be suspect so don't take it all for fact.

I'm going to set up a sodomy campsite in the forests. Abduct people from the towns using my lasso and sodomise them. **** yeh! Who's with me!?

Btw, ppl on neogaf are saying the IGN fact sheet might be suspect so don't take it all for fact.

Neogaf is a terrible forum with terrible people, they're the ones you should be faster to suspect.

Gonna pick this up on PS3. Anyone else?

P.S Neogaf rocks.

Back