Red Dead Redemption Official Thread

Release day shipping is only a dollar more than standard shipping. Not too late to switch it up

On Amazon? Isn't it like 10 bucks or something?

EDIT: Oh Snap! It's only $62.97 with release day delivery. Hell ****ing yes, i'm definitely doing that!

Thanks bam! You rock. I thought it was gonna be like 10-15 bucks.

You guys pay a release day delivery?

Bahaha.

All ours is free and delivered release day guaranteed.

[Edit]I'm with Amazon Prime, which is a payment service on shipping. But...I dont remember ever subscribing once the so-called 'trial' period was up. And Ive had no payments on my account to Amazon. Had Prime for ages now.

Same situation as me. I had a 360 and never bought any games for it because I always ended up buying them for the PC instead. And I wasn't about to pay for XBL when I hardly used it. Now I have a bluray player and a game console. <3.

For me I have a 360 with 70 games, a PS3 with 6 and a 3+ year old mediocre PC that can't handle running the latest games at decent graphical settings.:(

I'd consider selling my 360 perhaps if I didn't own so many games for it, seeing as due to the amount of games I own and due to the generally notable percentage of losses when selling games second hand these days, it'd be a huge financial loss.:|

Also speaking of Rockstar's PC ports, newest patch for GTAIV PC http://www.gta4.net/news/4389/gta-iv-pc-patch-6/ is out, well over a year since release, the Moon has finally been implemented for the PC version, having been absent from it up until now, despite the console versions having it since release. That's bloody hilarious in my opinion.

It's amusing how so many people have a 360 and a PS3 and a PC and complain about one of them being useless.

Or you can't get rid of it, or if it breaks you must replace it, because of all the games you bought.

I wish you guys would have just bought games for the PC. Support the one ring to rule them all. A blu-ray drive is as little as $60, if that's what you want. It seems a computer monitor always looks better than a TV.

What's the one system you will always have around, even 20 years from now? A PC.

Thank you very much, and goodnight.

^PC FANBOY ALERT!

Anyway, I wonder if they do a PC version of RDR, if it will take them over a year to implement the Moon for that version too.

What's the one system you will always have around, even 20 years from now? A PC.
HE THINKS WE STILL HAVE PCs IN 2030

HE HASN'T HEARD ABOUT NASALLY-INJECTED NANITES THAT AUTOINTERFACE WITH THE NEURONET

^PC FANBOY ALERT!

Anyway, I wonder if they do a PC version of RDR, if it will take them over a year to implement the Moon for that version too.

Perhaps, but that will be one sweet moon. Think about it. They spent an entire year just working on the moon alone. :cool:

Thing is the moon in the PC version that has now been implemented is the exact same one that's been in the console versions since release, as far as I can tell, so rather they spent an entire year porting the moon.;)

If it was another certain franchise the moon would be dlc and cost $15.

Some new multiplayer screens:

rdr_multiplayer_041410004.jpg

rdr_multiplayer_041410001.jpg

rdr_multiplayer_041410002.jpg

rdr_multiplayer_041410003.jpg

Later on today the multiplayer info page will go live on the official website.

Can't friggin' wait to kick some multiplayer-ass in this on XBL, I just hope the multiplayer achievements aren't as annoying as some of them were in GTAIV.

Cool man, but I really need the competitive multiplayer video that is slated to come out this week. I needs 'uht partner!

Man those are gorgeous. Awesome scenery.

Man... with that gigantic river... we really need some damn fishing. I hope you can get on a little boat and go fishing with your friends. That'd be badass, even though I hate fishing.

And speaking of another feature we already know about... it would be nice to be able to take a deck of cards with you anywhere to play with your friends out in the wilds after setting up camp, but it'll probably be restricted so that you can only do it in taverns. :(

And speaking of another feature we already know about... it would be nice to be able to take a deck of cards with you anywhere to play with your friends out in the wilds after setting up camp, but it'll probably be restricted so that you can only do it in taverns. :(

and choose to wager anything from coin to pelts to your wheels (errr legs?)
that'd be neat
so much potential!
:thumbs:

Nice screenshots, but why on Earth have they kept that awful dithering effect from GTA? I'm gonna take an educated guess that those are 360 screenshots, the PS3 version of GTA lost the dithering but went down in resolution. That's called a lose-lose situation.

Probably a framerate issue. They have enough trouble getting the game to run at a stable fps to begin with.

Anyways... I can't wait for this game. I don't have much to play until then. I might rent Super Street Fighter IV to keep me occupied.

That would be a logical reason, but an additional post processing effect wouldn't help framerates at all. It's definitely an aesthetic choice, but I've yet to encounter anyone (who notices it) who likes it. But to their credit shadows appear to be significantly improved, which was the more noticeable of GTA's visual issues.

I wonder how the clouds are handled in this game, the clouds look a lot more realistic in this than they did in GTAIV, they seem more three-dimensional.

In-game screens:
4542896748_a637c09211_o.jpg

4542263081_509d7d8915_o.jpg

4542263123_32f9c573d1_o.jpg

4542896876_7be71d22de_o.jpg

4542896948_a20fc29d98_o.jpg

4542263307_f23569a6b1_o.jpg

4542263365_9cee538588_o.jpg

4542263429_509a2773e7_o.jpg

HNNNNGGGHHH. Want. I feel like going on media blackout for this game until reviews surface but I can't quit you Red Dead. Apparently, the screens are old so the game proly looks better now. The LOD distance of the grass is outstanding.

Also, new trailer later today.

Nice, didn't know there were cannons. I noticed a train in the trailer, is there a working train system in the game? That would be pretty bad ass.

Nice, didn't know there were cannons. I noticed a train in the trailer, is there a working train system in the game? That would be pretty bad ass.

Yup, trains are confirmed. You can travel real time or fast travel by taking a nap.

And you can shoot a frickin' gattling gun from on top of the train. Train journeys ain't what they used to be...

Back