Relic designer dies in car accident saving his family

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
thanks for that, i'm going to donate now

Erin Wood says thanks:

Hello.

My name is Erin Wood, and I wanted to send a request to please pass along my most sincere and heartfelt thanks to the gaming community for the overwhelming support provided to me in the past two weeks. I asked coworkers of Brian how I might best send my thanks, and they recommended sending them to Kotaku - hence this email. Any way you can help share this with the community would be much appreciated.

Brian always told me about how close-knit and wonderful the video game community was, but I had no idea until this tragedy just how special a group it really is. From all the articles and comments, to the emails and donations, I am simply stunned and so touched by the love, kindness, and generosity shown to me and my family. As everyone knows, the last 10 days have been the most difficult, dark days of my life. But this journey has been eased tremendously by the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes received from friends, family, and strangers living all over the world. It is so meaningful for me to hear about how his work and enthusiasm for the industry has touched others. Brian was completely and utterly devoted to the game industry, and was pretty much living his dream every day. He woke up every morning excited to be working in such a creative, demanding field. It was such a joy to be married to someone who was absolutely passionate about his professional life.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the compassion and support. It is so appreciated, and has been a light to me in this impossible situation.

Warm wishes,
Erin

Mogi67 said:
Also you guys probably wouldn't have given a shit about this story if it wasn't a game developer who died, your outrage is so ****ing phony
When you die, we can say "who gives a shit about Mogi67? Who cares if he was killed by a drugged moron while saving his wife and unborn child. He was just some dude."

Get out of here.

Also, don't change your clothes while you drive. Holy shit, dozens of times? Do you drive with the heat on full blast with a winter coat on? You morons shouldn't have a license. :LOL:

Do you drive around in a dressing room?

If you were driving and tried to take off your jacket and your arm got a bit caught and you crashed into a department store and your car came to a stop in the dressing room, it would be the coolest thing God ever did.

Back