Man with Robot arms dies in car crash

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
An Austrian man who was the first in Europe to wear an innovative high-tech artificial arm has died after the car he was driving veered off the road and crashed into a tree.

Christian Kandlbauer lost both arms in an electrical accident in 2005 but was able to live a largely normal life thanks to a mind-controlled robotic prosthetic left arm and a normal prosthesis in place of his right arm.

he was armed and dangerous

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-arms-dies-crashing-tree.html#ixzz13OxA31yw

joking aside that's really sad

Imagine the look on the face of the person who first found him, upon seeing what appeared to be a destroyed android.

rofl Krynn.

I do wonder whether or not his thought-controlled limbs were responsible for the accident, or if it was just a human mistake on his part. I guess we'll never know.

First step in the robot uprising.

Throw out your toasters now!

a mind-controlled robotic prosthetic left arm and a normal prosthesis in place of his right arm.

Wait... so why weren't both robotic mind-controled arms? Too expensive? Becuase I seriously doubt he was like: Nah, I only need a functioning left arm!

Also LOL @ krynn

You ever think his conscious killed him? His brain was like "HEH HEH, SWERVE INTO THAT TREE!

...NO WAIT!"

:borg:

I know that sometimes I'm afraid I'll tell myself to do something crazy.

Why the hell was he allowed to drive with a prototype robotic arm? Could have been (and possibly was but we don't know) fatally dangerous! Didn't they watch Spider-Man 2?

As usual, the Daily Mail have gone out on a limb for new stories.

Captain Stern's threads seem to be taking such a morbid direction lately. At least one person dies in his last few threads, followed by mocking and characteristically lower-cased pun.

inb4 liquid snake

inb4 spoiler-laden off-topic discussion about liquid snake

3696124.jpg

3696125.jpg

+1 for robotic arms, eh?

Sad that he died, R.I.P Robot Arms Man. :(

Back