SCOTT PILGRIM vs THE WORLD (Wright, Cera, Winstead)

Jintor

Didn't Get Temp-Banned
Reaction score
[youtube]8NUBVcit5VM[/youtube]

If you're not excited about this, you're crazy.

that was WAY better than the last trailer. Might keep my eye on this now :)

That looks f*cking stupid.

Definitely going to see it.

Damn, this just went from "kind of goofy" to "must see." :eek:

Seriously though, does every cute girl in America have coloured hair? Cause that's the impression I'm getting.

Well it was better than the first trailer I saw of it, gonna internet rent it when it comes out.

What to be repressed, cant lift a finger to the man?

That looks f*cking stupid.

Definitely going to see it.

This is how I feel. Lot of faith in Wright as a director and this looks like a pretty goddamn amusing movie.

ITT: people say things like "this is stupid but I'm going to see it," "looks better than the first trailer," and "went from goofy to must see" to justify watching their hipster movie. Bunch of closet hipsters up in here.

Jintor said:
If you're not excited about this, you're crazy.
If you're excited about this, you ARE a hipster.

this movie wets my appetite for something zany right now.

ITT: people say things like "this is stupid but I'm going to see it," "looks better than the first trailer," and "went from goofy to must see" to justify watching their hipster movie. Bunch of closet hipsters up in here.

If you're excited about this, you ARE a hipster.
It's a comic thing, isn't it.

Michael Cera......when will you ditch the nerdy, lack of girl skills look?

And is that new Prodigy I hear?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over my undeserved sense of superiority.
picture.php

Edit: Also, funny you knocking this when it's probably the closest thing to a Street Fighter movie anyone will ever make. HEEHHH.

Also, funny you knocking this when it's probably the closest thing to a Street Fighter movie anyone will ever make. HEEHHH.
6i5ie1.jpg

Also the fighting in this movie looks more like something you'd see out of VS, not SF. Since when has SF ever had 64 hit combos and lightsabers? Goddamn hipsters don't even know fighting games.

What does this have to do with hipsters?

This darkside cat just isn't with it.

What does this have to do with hipsters?
Scott Pilgrim is a hipster comic for hipsters with all this "Lol us gamers, right guys? Us gamers" bullshit. It's double-bad because it's got all these video game references that WOULD be cool by virtue of their obscurity, but then you realize that, as a hipster comic, everything is done ironically. The writing is pretty much shit, the art sucks, and the only people who like it are wearing unwashed hoodies that are two sizes too small.

Also this movie stars Michael Cera. That makes it triple-bad.

Did not realize it was based off of a comic.

Never read any of the books so this looks pretty retarded to me, kinda like hipster bullshit.

Damn, this just went from "kind of goofy" to "must see." :eek:

Seriously though, does every cute girl in America have coloured hair? Cause that's the impression I'm getting.

What about his sister, Anna Kendrick? so so so cute

This movie looks radder than everything.

But you know the only thing worse than hipsters? People who whine and bitch and moan about hipsters and things they think hipsters might like. wah wah wah, I'm so ugly I was even rejected by a group who intentionally look awful in the name of some butchered definition of irony. Better hate on fun things!

Hipster detected.

(protip: it's Darkside)
[edit] Also,

"Step up your game, Scott. Break out the L word."
"Lesbian?"
"The other L word."
"Lesbians?"

I loved Michael Cera in Arrested Development but he has pissed me off in everything he's done since. Same God damn character every time.

I giggled.

Then I read Darkside's post and went through a decade of repentance, living an ascetic life hidden in a monastery in the forbidden depths beyond this world, for having laughed at such nonsense.

All hail Lord Darkside.

Scott Pilgrim is a hipster comic for hipsters with all this "Lol us gamers, right guys? Us gamers" bullshit. It's double-bad because it's got all these video game references that WOULD be cool by virtue of their obscurity, but then you realize that, as a hipster comic, everything is done ironically. The writing is pretty much shit, the art sucks, and the only people who like it are wearing unwashed hoodies that are two sizes too small.

Also this movie stars Michael Cera. That makes it triple-bad.

This, except with an extended paragraph about how much Cera sucks.

Quiet, you! All hail lord darkside.

Although I'll admit that trailer was goo no all hail lord darkside ALL HAIL LORD DARKSIDE. TRAILER NOT APPEALING.

Oh screw it, that looked good! :)

I'd rather have this than another ****ing transformers movie anyday!

And the game looks freakin sweet too :D

*7 hair colour changes*

Interest meter... falling...

"That was epic."

... faaaaaalliiiiiiiing.....

You can't have good opinions, you watched the first Twilight

I dunno, I don't see any of the positive things that you guys are talking about.

Hey, guys, help me out here. What was the name of that film again that starred Michael Cera as a socially awkward teen?

Oh man I've seen that one, I should know this...

Goddamnit what is it?... bugger....

Hey, guys, help me out here. What was the name of that film again that starred Michael Cera as a socially awkward teen?

as much as I am anticipating this movie, this is an excellent post :)

God, you people and your Cera hate.

Back