Site Announcement: Munro Leaves ValveTime

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Today we're sad to announce that our site director and founder, Munro, has decided to step down from his post at ValveTime and leave the staff ranks.

Munro founded Halflife2.net back in May 2003, uniting a community of patient Half-life fans. The site grew rapidly and became the number one source for Half-life fans. Since then the site has continued to support Valve following a rebrand to ValveTime early last year.

As part of a staff restructure, I'm grateful to have been nominated as the new site director going forward. The site continues to have a great team of admins keeping all elements of the site ticking over, including Chris_D, StarMonkey, and Pi Mu Rho. We also have a fantastic team of writers and media producers working alongside them as always.

We would all like to take this opportunity to thank Dan (Munro) for all he has done since starting Halflife2.net. Everything here started with him a decade ago and here his involvement ends. We all wish him the best in his internet retirement and hope our readers will do the same!

Free Munro...

Munro has been freed!

Holy shit, ten years! That's pretty impressive. Looking forward to new great times.

Which one was Munro, again? :unsure:

Thanks Munro, you made my favorite forum on the internet. May the Gman watch over you always.

we all know glenn had munro assassinated so he could take control of valvetime

See ya Munro, Ty for the work on the site.
I do hope you will be lurking on the forums somewhere :D

I don't know who he was but thank you for founding HL2.net. Good luck :)

It's crazy how much this place changed, alot of old members from when I first joined this site left.

Makes me feel a little sad sometimes.

The site should die with you. Adios amigo

People never really disappear from this website. I wish you all the best, Munro.

I was expecting Munro to give a speech and thank us all for being awesome staff and community members for the last 10 years :(

I think he would have done, had he been aware he's been ousted from the site. Imagine his surprise when he comes back and finds I've changed the locks.

I mean, I was being sarcastic, but yeah. Nobody even knows who he is anymore. The embodiment of distant, brooding leader.

He's that uh... guy from Dilbert.

I think he would have done, had he been aware he's been ousted from the site. Imagine his surprise when he comes back and finds I've changed the locks.

Don't mind me, I'll just become a squatter in your old place for a bit...

Back